Smashbox Mega To Go Palette

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Those reviews are spot on! My kit had two of the darkest brow shades completely crumbled and has gone all over the other colours everywhere. A right mess!

It was well packed but there is clearly a fault with the eyebrow powder if others have said the same.

I also mentioned in an earlier post about the 'powdery' surface on some shades when you used a brush and don't normally see that at all with their full sized makeup. So doubting the quality a bit.

If I'm going to get my own return back I may as well keep it and save on postage!

Did anyone else order one and did it arrive in perfect condition? :sun:

Mine arrived yesterday in perfect condition. I must be lucky! I like the colours.

I agree that the eyeshadow brush is not as good as the normal ones - it din't seem to hold the powder. The eyeshadows were less powdery when I used one of my own brushes.

It isn't too big to take on holiday but I agree with a previuos post that it is a bit big for a weekend break.

Mine arrived in perfect condition! and I have now tested it....

brushes: very poor quality compared to normal sb standards, when I tried the shadows with the brush in the kit it 'poofed' all over the place. Got out my proper sb brushes and tried again....

eyeshadows - love them, very rich pigment (same as normal sb) and lovely colours. Purples and greens are my faves but I would use the neutrals for work.
eyeliners - usual sb standard but I used the angled sb eyeliner brush not the one in the kit! Lovely colours too especially the green and the blue.
blushers - I have a problem with blushers showing up on me but these most definitely DID show up, even for me with my dark colouring and meeejum skintone they were a bit much!! But I am used to having to clart blusher on before I can even see it, so these would probably be fine with a lighter touch!
highlighters - I would use these as blushers or eyeshadows, they are nice & not too sparkly but I could live without them (have never really grasped the concept of highlighters and don't normally use them)
lipglosses - they are ok, don't show up on me very much, but feel nice on, not gloopy.
eyebrow powders - hmmmm I am not really getting these at all, but my brows are almost non-existent and the little bit I do have is black, so I don't think any powder would be for me... I just don't have enough hairs for it to cling to and I need the precision of a pencil.

I am swithering now as I love the eyeshadows and liners, and I would use the blusher, highlighters and lipglosses although they are not the best I've ever tried. It's just the goddamned size of the thing that's putting me off as I wanted a smaller 'grab & go' type kit to pop in an overnight bag :thinking:
And I'm also worried that as some of your sets arrived already smashed it's not really suited for travel anyway.
Think I will be away next weekend so will take it with me and see how it fares (and how much room it takes up!) and how easy it is to use away from home and try and decide after that!

Thank you so much Gemster, That is really really helpful. :flower: I think you're right to give it a proper road test and see how it fares. I think that's probably what I'm going to do.

I was worried about the construction and the quality but you lovelies have reassured me. I find the cruddy brushes an irritant but I have my own so I'll live. Didn't the last TSV have a crappy brush with it as well?

Thank you ever so much Gemster, Ms Trouble and glitterbug for posting your opinions, I really appreciate it. You :rock: :clapping: :sun:

I'm off to try and pay for it now and see if I've still got one reserved or if they've mysteriously lost it!

the reviews are up and not too good

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.222687/walk.yah.UKHB~UK87

No they aren't good at all in fact near one of the worst score ratings I've seen on QVC.
But that was only really to be expected when I checked on QVC US and saw the comments.
AY started the sell quoting how many had sold in the US but the tell tale sign was that she never mentioned what they thought of it.
Do you think if they'd been over the moon each giving it 4-5 stars she'd not mention it.
Gosh I think I know them far too too much now. :wonder:

Did anyone else order one and did it arrive in perfect condition? :sun:

Hi Mine arrived in perfect condition - Thankfully!!! :clapping:

I havent had a chance to have a good play with it yet, curious to see if the eyeshadows are very 'powdery' like others have found. The case is bigger than I expected so it may not be as ideal for travel as I had hoped, but might encourage me to try different colours day to day.

Got mine today & the colours of the eye shadows look fab. I disregard the brushes as I have a full range of my own! Think it will be great to travel with, mine had one of the liner colours damaged but won't be returning. Will look forward to experimenting with all the colours & this is why I can't resist such palettes,because they contain colours I would never buy on their own.

The brushes you get with all brand kits are never ever going to be as good as the ones you buy. I usually just throw them away the minute I get palettes etc home.

I'd honestly rather they didn't include them if they're going to be cr*ppy. My Bobbi Brown Bare Escentuals, and Vincent Longo ones are the same as the full length ones as far as I can tell, so I've been spoiled by that. :giggle::flower:

I do hope for those with some problems even though on the whole your happy with your palette. That the review system will allow you to add that some colours were damaged and the brushes aren't the usual standard.
That way we can only hope Smashbox / QVC will learn by the mistake and instead of, off loading a problem set from the US to here, instead in the future bring us an improved collection.

:wink:

Just got home tofind my package has arrived and unfortunatly is going straight back as one insert was broken and dark powder is over everything!

Just wanted to add that i called customer service and before i even asked, they are sending me out a free returns label and will refund the original p&p!

Last edited:
Apart from the damage I was happy with it.

Courier has collected mine now and have requested a refund as I don't fancy waitlist forever.

Sorry to hear that so many have arrived broken, that is SO disappointing :(

Got mine yesterday morning and was rather scared to open it after reading this thread... but it was in perfect condition so I am very happy :)

Latest posts

Back