SO 'not' Together

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Together fashion is generally pleasantly 'different' when featured in various catalogues, so why in hells name is there such a load of crap in the show tonight ? All of the lace, dirge prints, embellished necklines could have come from any one of the other 'fashion' labels on Q. 3/4 sleeves in stretchy fabric with inserts of lace or sequins and its clone after clone after clone. Surely some of the designs from the catalogues would fly and earn more money, so whats the problem ??

I was thinking that too, very samey and boring and nothing like that is offered in the catalogues .. Carla actually said tonight its available in catalogues as well as QVC

Brand representatives often talk about their garments as being "what Q has requested " or the "buyers asked for a specific style" I think this happens when a brand is initially popular usually because they are different from everything else.

Q then puts its own stamp on the brand ,its "what the customers want " more likely to sell and so you get everything looking the same. Quantity over quality .

Over time far too much of QVC fashion gets "homogenised" I feel. It needs someone to be strong enough (as a business and a negotiator) and confident enough in their brand to say - here's what I'm prepared to offer, take it or leave it.

There are brands who clearly have the power to do that, and only appear on QVC when it suits them to do so (Amazon Kindle a case in point).

Once QVC becomes central to a brand's financial well-being, they're fair game for QVC's purchasing team. I imagine that if you want to develop a career in purchasing as a professional discipline QVC would be a great place to be. Obviously some departments do better than others, and I think these days that all retailing has such squeezed margins that QVC have to take their own margin from the postage on an increasing number of occasions. At least that is my opinion and observation.

Totally agree. I loved the items they were selling when they first appeared, but it has slowly gone downhill from there. What was on last night's show could have come from anywhere, everything over embellished and the same old styles and prints. I find the same is happening to Marla Wynne as well. I loved her designs at first too, but now her products are all too samey and boring. Prices have shot up a lot too, inversely proportional to the perceived value! It wouldn't be so bad if the fashion was better value, but it's too expensive and QVC's overall service levels are too slow and too expensive to cover for it anymore. Much better is available elsewhere for much less.

Well said MML............. Over time far too much of QVC fashion gets "homogenised" I feel

I think you are spot on - homogenised is a good word for it, all fashion on Q could come from any one of their ranges. Even Yonk Kim and Join and Logo have identical items. I don't want to return to the days of the highly sequined jackets of Indigo Moon, BUT at least there was no stretchy stroky fabrics in that range, and I still have a couple of the 'different' (embellishment free) jackets in my wardrobe today - totally unique to anything that Q offers now to be sure.

I still get compliments when I wear a long IM coat that smacks of the 60's 'pop art' design. I'm hoping it could be a collectors item :mysmilie_17: does anyone else remember it ? full length in beige with huge cut out flower designs in colour.

Last edited:
Brand representatives often talk about their garments as being "what Q has requested " or the "buyers asked for a specific style" I think this happens when a brand is initially popular usually because they are different from everything else.

Q then puts its own stamp on the brand ,its "what the customers want " more likely to sell and so you get everything looking the same. Quantity over quality .

There is a real disingenousness about referring to buyers. QVC has a lot of buyers - they work in the purchasing department. They are not customers!

Latest posts

Back