sushi meat

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tilley

Registered Shopper
Now I appreciate some people like their meats pink but is it too much to ask that we occasionally have something that looks as if it has been in an oven. The beef Wellington the other day was raw, not pink, raw and the so called delicious juices were blood, leaving it to stand another few minutes would not have cooked it more. The liquid had seeped into the pastry at the bottom and that looked a cold and soggy mess.

I have noticed this before with Simple Simons beef Wellington. The meat looks far too underdone and the blood seeps into the pastry which turns into a pink soggy mess. It looks awful and always turns my stomach. It certainly doesn't make me want to try this product.

I was brought up with well done meat but over the years have gradually gone pinker and pinker. However I hate blood on my plate and consider that a step too far in the pinks scale.

[mum writes]

I once took my two sons to a "posh" restaurant. The elder, at the time, was approaching his teens and thought he's be all grown up and ordered a rare steak. When it turned up, swimming in blood, he went white, looked at me and said "I can't eat that." Fortunately, the restaurant were good about it, took it back and cooked it more. But, I agree, I like my food to be cooked before I eat it!

Don't mind rare roast beef sliced thinly but I really can't eat a thicker cut like steak where the blood runs out. I usually want it at least cooked through. Those beef wellingtons have got terrible reviews so I can't imagine who would buy them.

CC

Beef Wellingon is a nightmare to cook correctly, even following Queen Delia's instruction to the letter.

Either the meat is raw or grey and the pastry either raw or burnt.

Wasted too many expensive pieces of meat in my attempts so it is now off the menu in our house.

[mum writes]

If it helps, I used to cook my beef a little and let it cool before wrapping it in the pastry before cooking it fully. Not sure if that would be recommended but the few occasions I did it, it always cooked perfectly.

My late husband used to eat steak almost raw, in fact I refused to cook it for him because seeing the blood run out when he cut it made me heave.
My second hubby is the opposite, he likes everything charcoal coloured.
As for me, well I`m inbetween, I like it nicely browned on the outside, not black and no blood but I don`t mind a bit of pink in the middle.

My husband likes his meat (I don't eat meat) cooked that much you can snap it or draw pictures with it.

My husband likes his meat (I don't eat meat) cooked that much you can snap it or draw pictures with it.

That made me laugh! You should ask him if he thinks the kitchen is a temple as all he likes is burnt offerings! :mysmilie_46:

I have a friend that likes meat well done, no pink at all so if we go to France I say don't have the steak as all they do is show it the pan/ oven but never the 2 meet.

Latest posts

Back