Taking a trip down memory lane

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maymorganlondon

Registered Shopper
I have come across the welcome pack I received when I first signed up for QVC, during a big clearout.

In the letter it includes the line: "Our presenters ask all the questions you would be asking if you were there yourself, so you know exactly what will be delivered to your door."

Stop laughing, everyone! Clearly this is not true today, is it. I joined in 2009, but does this sentence persist to the present day, I wonder? Now we will be taken by surprise if we pin out hopes on QVC providing info.

There's also a ring sizer and wrist sizer. Plus a brochure featuring present and departed presenters, two of whom I never saw on QVC and I watched A LOT when I first "joined the family".

Brands such as Fran Wilson, Smashbox teamed with the usual suspects and a pic of a youthful Ali Young.
Charlie Brook is featured next to the jewellery; Julia next to the fashion... Anthony Heywood next to home electronics; Simon His go as Mr Kichen; Ali Keenan as the home expert (with a more normal upper lip). The gnome has pride of place for garden and DIY; Craft was Dawn Bibby.

Presumably the other presenters were classed as generalists so not worth a mention.

I do remember the ring sizer thing and a letter but what it said no idea now.

Now I am talking way back in 1997 which in QVC history is ancient. Tony Robinson and Time Team will turn up and dig a trench.:mysmilie_19:

I've been there almost from day one. I do remember the ring sizer but I never got a letter or a welcome pack, just a membership card which has now disintegrated. I must have spent thousands with them over the years. I used to love watching Kim & Co in the early days and I remember Julia and Steve Whatley behind a table measuring the inside leg of trousers. How times have changed.

CC

In the letter it includes the line: "Our presenters ask all the questions you would be asking if you were there yourself, so you know exactly what will be delivered to your door."

You should quote that line on their fb page, May. Or email a copy to the CEO, and threaten to sue, for breach of contract.
:mysmilie_17:

I've been there almost from day one. I do remember the ring sizer but I never got a letter or a welcome pack, just a membership card which has now disintegrated. I must have spent thousands with them over the years. I used to love watching Kim & Co in the early days and I remember Julia and Steve Whatley behind a table measuring the inside leg of trousers. How times have changed.

CC

CC, You're exactly the same as me.

Latest posts

Back