Tili Tote of Treats

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tili Tote of Treats £34.92 + £2.95 post

• 1 x Percy & Reed I Need A Hero! Wonder Shampoo (50ml)
  • 1 x Australian Bodycare Intimate Wash (200ml)
  • 1 x Philip Kingsley Elasticizer (40ml)
  • 1 x Rodial Diamond Lifting Mask (Single)
  • 1 x Prai Ageless Throat & Decolletage Creme (10ml) l
  • 1 x Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel (30ml)
  • 1 x Gatineau Collagene Expert Phyto Radiance Cleanser (50ml)
  • 1 x Neom Perfect Night's Sleep Pillow Mist (30ml)
  • 1 x Aveda Botanical Repair Strengthening Overnight Serum (30ml)
  • 1 x tote bag

Percy & Reed I Need A Hero! Wonder Shampoo £10 direct cost £2.56
Nail Kind Rose Rose Polish 8ml £8.95 direct cost £2.29
Australian Bodycare Intimate Wash 200ml £9.99 direct cost £2.56
Philip Kingsley Elasticizer 40ml RRP £12 direct cost £3.07
Rodial Diamond Lifting Mask £12 direct cost £3.07
Prai Ageless Throat & Decolletage Creme 10ml, 15ml is £12 so approx £8 cost £2.05
Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel 30ml ,15 ml is £15 so approx £30 cost £7.68
Gatineau Collagene Expert Phyto Radiance Cleanser 50ml £14 direct cost £3.58
Neom Perfect Night's Sleep Pillow Mist 30ml £22 direct cost £5.63
Aveda Botanical Repair Strengthening Overnight Serum 30ml £21 direct cost £5.38
Tote bag

Total approx £147.94 cost £37.87 incl p&p used in calculations.

I just saw this and wondered if it would any good as Christmas gift for my SIL.

It was only her birthday 2 days ago and already I’m stressing about what to give her for Christmas!

Never really know what to get her - esp with my situation, I never get to see her (or most anyone), and don’t feel I know her any more…

Also feel like I have to tread on eggshells with her a bit and don’t like to get present “wrong”…

Anyway I decided the tote gift bag wasn’t right when I spotted it had an intimate wash in it…!

[It wouldn’t offend her (I don’t think?!), unlike when I bought her what I thought was a lovely Lepel sleep/lingerie set of shorts and camisole?!
Still no idea what it was about it that upset her!]

Out of interest, I looked up aforementioned intimate wash on QVC.
Seeing as it’s produced by Australian Bodycare who do all the tea tree oil “stuff”, I thought “surely that can’t contain tea tree too” - would that not sting like hell down there…?!

Short answer is it *does* indeed contain tea tree oil, and several reviews confirm that it can also cause intimate burning stinging! 😳 🤣

Link to product included as part as a lovely “intimate collection”.
Some v positive reviews, but another one not ideal for the sister in law, me thinks! ;)

It was only her birthday 2 days ago and already I’m stressing about what to give her for Christmas!

Never really know what to get her - esp with my situation, I never get to see her (or most anyone), and don’t feel I know her any more…

Also feel like I have to tread on eggshells with her a bit and don’t like to get present “wrong”…

Anyway I decided the tote gift bag wasn’t right when I spotted it had an intimate wash in it…!

[It wouldn’t offend her (I don’t think?!), unlike when I bought her what I thought was a lovely Lepel sleep/lingerie set of shorts and camisole?!

Seeing as it’s produced by Australian Bodycare who do all the tea tree oil “stuff”, I thought “surely that can’t contain tea tree too” - would that not sting like hell down there…?!

Short answer is it *does* indeed contain tea tree oil, and several reviews confirm that it can also cause intimate burning stinging! 😳 🤣

Some v positive reviews, but another one not ideal for the sister in law, me thinks! ;)

Not that I need to buy any Christmas gifts now, I did think for the price it looked pretty presentable as a gift for someone until I saw the "intimate wash", yes I guess it could be removed from the equation. Imvho it has no place as a gift, or even as part of a gift! You'd also have to make sure that any card or piece of paper listing the contents was removed too.
Could you imagine a fella buying this for his significant other - "what exactly are you trying to say here?" lol!

Crikey, the SIL sounds like a right headache. She definitely doesn’t deserve all the thought you are putting into buying her gifts. I’d be rejecting the Tili selection for her too, but on the grounds that tea tree oil wasn’t caustic enough!!

I know the feeling, although nowadays I'm lucky enough not to be in that situation. I remember the awful task of trying to find something for my fiancee's caustic mother. I was young and was aware that buying her something she didn't like would cause arguments between me and my fella and would make her dislike me more than she already did. Henceforth I tended to spend a lot more money on her than I'd have liked to. A simple or even a fancy box of chocs were no good as she was hideously overweight and was forever on a diet (or at least saying she was), she didn't drink, had poor personal hygiene so I was a bit nervous to buy her toiletries - to be fair a sheep dip is probably what she needed but ykwim! If I'd presented her with a bag containing "intimate wash" she'd literally have thrown it back in my face! She loved her siamese cats and one year I managed to find her a pair of really lovely siamese cat ornaments (and I hate ornaments, but these were lovely) and I remember being cross with myself for paying more on her present than I did on the gift I bought for my own lovely mum". Hindsight's a wonderful thing but looking back I wished I'd just chucked a £10 marks n sparks voucher in an envelope and being done with it, and if she didn't like it tough $hit and if my fella complained that it was limp and unimaginative sod him as well!
Sod the lot of them, if they don't like the gift you've given them, then they can always re-gift or donate it later down the line, there's no need to be rude!!

I was shopping in M&S today. I got their advent beauty case for £45. 25 individual items plus the case itself.
I got one a couple of weeks ago (sorry, not trying to trump you, MML!) but I would happily have bought another as it’s a good one for me this year. Trouble is, I’ve been spoilt with 15% annd 20% off clothing/beauty/home the last couple of years and now there aren’t any offers (M&S are not daft!) and I don’t want to pay full price for things so I can get the advent calendar! Told you I’m mean! I was going to get some beauty gifts to see if they qualify and would have bought a couple of cheap tops or something full price but sadly, it has sold out online and my local M&S has run out. I tried to search for store availability as there are two big stores on retail parks a few miles away that I could drive to (I was going to do a big shop at one this week anyway). But the search for store stock function doesn’t seem to be working. It finds stores but doesn’t tell you about stock.

I got one a couple of weeks ago (sorry, not trying to trump you, MML!) but I would happily have bought another as it’s a good one for me this year. Trouble is, I’ve been spoilt with 15% annd 20% off clothing/beauty/home the last couple of years and now there aren’t any offers (M&S are not daft!) and I don’t want to pay full price for things so I can get the advent calendar! Told you I’m mean! I was going to get some beauty gifts to see if they qualify and would have bought a couple of cheap tops or something full price but sadly, it has sold out online and my local M&S has run out. I tried to search for store availability as there are two big stores on retail parks a few miles away that I could drive to (I was going to do a big shop at one this week anyway). But the search for store stock function doesn’t seem to be working. It finds stores but doesn’t tell you about stock.
I hope you are lucky. I got mine in Ealing. Not on display, but they offered it when I went to pay for my shopping and got it out of a cupboard behind them counter area.
It's an excellent selection. Not trying to rub it in, just to offer some hope even if you don't see it on display.

I hope you are lucky. I got mine in Ealing. Not on display, but they offered it when I went to pay for my shopping and got it out of a cupboard behind them counter area.
It's an excellent selection. Not trying to rub it in, just to offer some hope even if you don't see it on display.
Ah, thanks. Ealing is not a million miles away but it’s a longer journey for me and would require a “commitment“ to get there - I’m looking at Herts. Most of the local M&S staff do know me so I might ask them tomorrow if they have any under the counter as it were! At least I got.one - maybe I’m just being greedy and extravagant now!

Me too- and I've not opened any yet! Wish I could have the same willpower with a packet of biscuits!
Me too, I sort of wish I'd got another one, there is quite a bit in it I like. On the subject of having to buy full price items, I know there is still an outlay but you can return the clothes you buy and still keep the calendar. I'm sure I did that last year but this year I have kept what I bought.

Me too, I sort of wish I'd got another one, there is quite a bit in it I like. On the subject of having to buy full price items, I know there is still an outlay but you can return the clothes you buy and still keep the calendar. I'm sure I did that last year but this year I have kept what I bought.
Yes, well pointed out. I must admit it crossed my mind to return the items but I would only do that if they were genuinely no good. I also mused that paying full price for £35 of clothes was “only” £7 more than it would be with 20% off with a Sparks app offer, making the calendar effectively £52 instead of £45 in my head. And that is still good value for this year’s advent calendar as far as I am concerned. But silly me, I waited …

I was shopping in M&S today. I got their advent beauty case for £45. 25 individual items plus the case itself.
Breakdown if you haven’t already seen it in Bargain Hunter, apologies if you have.

Product details​

Item details
• 1x 8.5g Benefit Roller Lash £25.50 at M&S cost £3.32
• 1x 10ml Shay & Blue Atropa Belladonna Fragrance £25 at M&S cost £3.26
• 1x 30ml Origins GinZing™ Gel £20 direct cost £2.61
• 1x 40ml Aveda Botanical Repair Styling Creme £12.50 direct cost £1.63
• 1x 150ml REN Evercalm Cleansing Gel £25 at M&S cost £3.26
• 1x15ml Clinique Moisture Surge Hydrator £14 at M&S cost £1.82
• 1x 12ml Leighton Denny Renovate Cream & Buffer £14 at Nail polish direct cost £1.82
• 1x 60ml Percy & Reed Turn Up the Volume Volumising No Oil Oil £20 at M&S cost £2.61
• 1x 20ml PK Elasticizer Booster £29 for 150ml at M&S so approx £3.87 cost 50p
• 1x 20ml PK Moisture Balancing Shampoo £24 for 250ml direct so approx £1.92 cost 25p
• 1x 20ml PK Moisture Balancing Conditioner £24 for 200ml direct so approx £2.40 cost 31p
• 1x 10ml Nails Inc Polish - Magenta £8 cost £1.04
• 1x 2.7g Pixi Lip Lift Max – Sheer Rose £12 at M&S cost £1.56
• 1x 4.5ml Pixi Brow Tamer (clear brow gel) £12 at M&S cost £1.56
• 1x 25ml Murad Essential C Day Cream SPF30 £68 for 50ml at M&S so £34 cost £4.43
• 1x 100ml This Works Deep Sleep Body Cocoon £25 at M&S cost £3.26
• 1x 30ml Apothecary Meditate hand cream £4.50 for 75ml at M&S so approx £1.80 cost 23p
• 1x 10ml Dr Paw Paw Overnight Intense Lip Balm £4.75 direct cost 62p
• 1x 2.3g Clinique Pop Lipstick - Plum Pop £24 for 3.9g so approx £14.15 cost £1.84
• 1x 7ml Filorga Hydra-Hyal: Hydrating Plumping Serum £57 for 30ml so approx £13.30 cost £1.73
• 1x 75ml L’Occitane Cherry Blossom Hand Cream £18 at M&S cost £2.35
• 1x 250ml L’Occitane Verbena Shower Gel £17.50 at M&S cost £2.28
• 1x 10ml Nuxe Huile Prodigieux Multi Purpose Oil £32 for 100ml at M&S so approx £3.20 cost 42p
• 1x 75ml Apothecary Revive Clarifying Mask £9.50 at M&S cost £1.25
• 1x 10ml Nails Inc Polish – True Gold Shimmer £8 cost £1.04

Total approx £345.39 cost £45 with £35 spend on clothing/home.

Breakdown if you haven’t already seen it in Bargain Hunter, apologies if you have.

Product details​

Item details
• 1x 8.5g Benefit Roller Lash £25.50 at M&S cost £3.32
• 1x 10ml Shay & Blue Atropa Belladonna Fragrance £25 at M&S cost £3.26
• 1x 30ml Origins GinZing™ Gel £20 direct cost £2.61
• 1x 40ml Aveda Botanical Repair Styling Creme £12.50 direct cost £1.63
• 1x 150ml REN Evercalm Cleansing Gel £25 at M&S cost £3.26
• 1x15ml Clinique Moisture Surge Hydrator £14 at M&S cost £1.82
• 1x 12ml Leighton Denny Renovate Cream & Buffer £14 at Nail polish direct cost £1.82
• 1x 60ml Percy & Reed Turn Up the Volume Volumising No Oil Oil £20 at M&S cost £2.61
• 1x 20ml PK Elasticizer Booster £29 for 150ml at M&S so approx £3.87 cost 50p
• 1x 20ml PK Moisture Balancing Shampoo £24 for 250ml direct so approx £1.92 cost 25p
• 1x 20ml PK Moisture Balancing Conditioner £24 for 200ml direct so approx £2.40 cost 31p
• 1x 10ml Nails Inc Polish - Magenta £8 cost £1.04
• 1x 2.7g Pixi Lip Lift Max – Sheer Rose £12 at M&S cost £1.56
• 1x 4.5ml Pixi Brow Tamer (clear brow gel) £12 at M&S cost £1.56
• 1x 25ml Murad Essential C Day Cream SPF30 £68 for 50ml at M&S so £34 cost £4.43
• 1x 100ml This Works Deep Sleep Body Cocoon £25 at M&S cost £3.26
• 1x 30ml Apothecary Meditate hand cream £4.50 for 75ml at M&S so approx £1.80 cost 23p
• 1x 10ml Dr Paw Paw Overnight Intense Lip Balm £4.75 direct cost 62p
• 1x 2.3g Clinique Pop Lipstick - Plum Pop £24 for 3.9g so approx £14.15 cost £1.84
• 1x 7ml Filorga Hydra-Hyal: Hydrating Plumping Serum £57 for 30ml so approx £13.30 cost £1.73
• 1x 75ml L’Occitane Cherry Blossom Hand Cream £18 at M&S cost £2.35
• 1x 250ml L’Occitane Verbena Shower Gel £17.50 at M&S cost £2.28
• 1x 10ml Nuxe Huile Prodigieux Multi Purpose Oil £32 for 100ml at M&S so approx £3.20 cost 42p
• 1x 75ml Apothecary Revive Clarifying Mask £9.50 at M&S cost £1.25
• 1x 10ml Nails Inc Polish – True Gold Shimmer £8 cost £1.04

Total approx £345.39 cost £45 with £35 spend on clothing/home.
**spoiler alert **

I got the M&S advent beauty case & there is a good range of products.I went against my instincts to buy but was getting a lovely shirt anyway!
Some of your memories about people being ungrateful about gifts bought for them are unbelievable they don’t deserve to receive anything! I bought someone a plant and it was suggested to was ‘old stock’ as it wasn’t growing properly ( even though the same I gave someone else was fine).It was suggested I return it to the shop, I told them to bin it & replaced with something else.End of drama but I won’t forget.

After telling myself I didn’t need one of these calendars I realised that I was almost out of my Leighton Denny renovate over the weekend. Figured I may as well buy the calendar with it in as I usually have a shay and blue perfume mini in my bag and my daughter likes the mascara…therefore using my logic it wouldn’t cost much more…😁

Anyhoo, my local store didn’t have any in, and suggested a larger out of town store that she believed had some in stock left. I phoned up and asked if they could check to see if the store had stock before I drove the extra 30 minutes to get there. They had 400+ available!
So worth ringing around local stores as they are still out there!

Latest posts

Back