Top twenty best winter coats

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love my coats & jackets & have a cupboard just for them. My hair gets affected by damp, misty & even muggy weather so I like the protection of a hood but my favourites are 'proper' coats that look smart & make me walk tall. We went Salisbury for the weekend & visited Marlborough on the way home; I was wearing jeans & a red wool snowboarding shirt that I call a jacket. I must have been stopped 10 times in those two lovely, & posh, places to be asked where I bought it, as with my eBay Helene Berman jacket it's an instant confidence garment.
I used to live in Marlborough! Lovely place.

A lot of coats. Someone -I think it was Carla said that a coat like Ruth Langsford's faux astrakhan could be handed down from mother to daughter!! Would you pass on a coat to your daughters, or do you agree with me that most kids do not want their mothers clothes? Jewellery maybe, but not coats.
I think Carla meant it in an heirloom way rather than a coat that is needed or fits someone better.
My grandmother left Poland in the 1930s with her life in a suitcase & her jewellery sewn into her coat's lining. I have got all of her clothes & have worn them on a number of occasions.

Fashion goes around in circles. All summer we've had the Little House on the Prairie dresses - which were around in the 1970's. The daughter of a friend of mine has been raiding her mother's 60's stuff from the loft, and as the dresses are 4" above the knee, and with little white collars, they are very in vogue now ! The daughter thinks its great that she is prancing about in 'original' 60's gear.

I think Carla meant it in an heirloom way rather than a coat that is needed or fits someone better.
A couture coat in good condition, such as Chanel or Balmain, etc. Is worth handing down as an heirloom piece and they can fetch a lot of money when sold as vintage items, but a poly coat by Ruth Langsford would not fit into this category.

My favourite coat is a Dennis Basso faux fur short zip up jacket with a hood (I know, I know). I had a black one and I wore it out so I got a navy blue one which is still going strong. It's so warm and not too dressed up so I can wear it anywhere. I also have a gorgeous Joe Browns long coat which is the sort of thing you'd wear to go skating in Central Park - one day.

CC
Whatever happened to him and his range?

Latest posts

Back