TSV pre launch, pre pre launch & pre pre pre launch

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If it wasn’t SCW posting them I wouldn’t know or care what they are. I was never interested in beauty (99% of offers) anyway but now I certainly feel no panic to see what’s on offer, special or not.

If Q shut up shop tomorrow I wouldn’t even blink - and this is from someone who shopped as an Olympic sport.

The only plus is this forum

I agree. If QVC stopped broadcasting it wouldn’t bother me.
Then what would we have to talk/laugh about? Seriously though I would like their extortionate pricing, ridiculous p&p charges, general inconvenience, and not least their vulnerable customers who are blindly throwing money their way to be highlighted outside of the shopping telly bubble. If they got a seriously bad reputation then they'd have clean up their act big time. Never gonna happen though. Despite being the biggest shopping channel globally, they're still fairly niche and slide under the radar. The sit up channels received complaint after complaint because of their tactics, and eventually paid the price. Q however, are pretty transparent in what they do. Whilst there's people who are prepared to spend £200 to get a couple of vest tops home, and then pay even more money if they need to return them, they'll never change. The only thing that will have any impact is if customers vote with their feet (well fingers really) and stop giving them their custom. Too many addicts as well as those who are wealthy enough not to bother to shop around!

I'd miss lots of it if it went.

This forum, I use the 9pm launch show as a timer to get stuff done before bed, they help me not to buy stuff, show me how I can easily live without 75% of the junk I've "urgently needed" in the past, etc. I'd miss them if they went. Anyway, where can I flip to during adverts in shows I do enjoy?

If they stopped broadcasting, which is very unlikely, they’d presumably still have a website. That would give us something to laugh about because all know what “technical experts” they have working on it. 🙄

If they stopped broadcasting, which is very unlikely, they’d presumably still have a website. That would give us something to laugh about because all know what “technical experts” they have working on it. 🙄

Harsh but true.

Then what would we have to talk/laugh about? Seriously though I would like their extortionate pricing, ridiculous p&p charges, general inconvenience, and not least their vulnerable customers who are blindly throwing money their way to be highlighted outside of the shopping telly bubble. If they got a seriously bad reputation then they'd have clean up their act big time. Never gonna happen though. Despite being the biggest shopping channel globally, they're still fairly niche and slide under the radar. The sit up channels received complaint after complaint because of their tactics, and eventually paid the price. Q however, are pretty transparent in what they do. Whilst there's people who are prepared to spend £200 to get a couple of vest tops home, and then pay even more money if they need to return them, they'll never change. The only thing that will have any impact is if customers vote with their feet (well fingers really) and stop giving them their custom. Too many addicts as well as those who are wealthy enough not to bother to shop around!
Are there really that many? All the stories I've read about the homes of the deceased being full of products from the Q have been from the US. I've never heard the Q mentioned on the programmes that feature Brits who max out their credit cards & spend a fortune buying designer coffees.

Are there really that many? All the stories I've read about the homes of the deceased being full of products from the Q have been from the US. I've never heard the Q mentioned on the programmes that feature Brits who max out their credit cards & spend a fortune buying designer coffees.
Possibly 'cause there's still a bit of stigma about tv shopping channels, and people don't readily admit to using them, let alone getting into debt because of them. A bit of a guilty secret for some, and of course there's the being able to place orders even if you aren't online. It obviously won't be a big a problem as it is in the US, but I wouldn't suprise if it wasn't a lot bigger than we think!

Possibly 'cause there's still a bit of stigma about tv shopping channels, and people don't readily admit to using them, let alone getting into debt because of them. A bit of a guilty secret for some, and of course there's the being able to place orders even if you aren't online. It obviously won't be a big a problem as it is in the US, but I wouldn't suprise if it wasn't a lot bigger than we think!

I'd say it is a big very hidden problem. I've known a few people get into a fix.

I remember one person saying how long it took her to pay off her Q bill. I can't remember how long but it was 2-3 years. I think a lot of shopping gives us that quick buzz but soon goes, we need a bit bigger buzz the next time.

I laugh at how I reacted to one TSV. It took me hours of talking to myself and looking at it this way, that way, looking at my stash. And the best thing is I didn't even like the brand!!! But still wanted the ##### thing. I can laugh now, but I learnt so much about myself and Q's power to tempt me.

Latest posts

Back