TV ads that really annoy & insult my intelligence!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ohnonotshoppingagain

Registered Shopper
So many, the current one about getting a gastric balloon, has no one told the guy or the producers “washing” the plate in circular motions, that we are neither taken in by a gastric balloon or his pretending to wash a single plate. Makes my blood boil.

Next we come to all ads from Pure Cremations, Insults my intelligence, get them all off air.

The ad about weight loss surgery by Tonic, awful.

The Food Hub ad, omg too much hub ads these days. I shall rant until I feel better.

I have missed some, but will add later, most disgust me.

What happened to all the funny ads that they used to do,most today put me off the products.
I've been saying this for years - They just don't know how to do adverts any more, especially funny ones, they're all weird, non-sensical and miss the mark every time. The last decent ad campaign I can remember is the "should've gone to specsavers" and the old "purple bricks" ones we're pretty funny too but these were about 10 years ago. What do we get these days? leaky pee pants, people yodelling for pizza and some woman telling the back of her head to shoosh! Bliddy dreadful!

I've been saying this for years - They just don't know how to do adverts any more, especially funny ones, they're all weird, non-sensical and miss the mark every time. The last decent ad campaign I can remember is the "should've gone to specsavers" and the old "purple bricks" ones we're pretty funny too but these were about 10 years ago. What do we get these days? leaky pee pants, people yodelling for pizza and some woman telling the back of her head to shoosh! Bliddy dreadful!
The poonami nappies,🤢Vogue Williams and her fairy detergent ads,the children must be school age by now and the endless Dormeo mattress ads that the sales are always ending on Monday.
It took me a while to cotton on to the "talking out of the back of her head" and.

The woman sucking the Pot Noddle needs to be put down. It would be a mercy killing.

Yes, Pure Cremation. Reading at the weekend, a number of these style of funeral plans have gone out of business.

The Andrex one with the woman walking up the office carrying her own toilet roll. WTH. Shouting out, I am going to have a crap.

The woman sucking the Pot Noddle needs to be put down. It would be a mercy killing.

Yes, Pure Cremation. Reading at the weekend, a number of these style of funeral plans have gone out of business.

The Andrex one with the woman walking up the office carrying her own toilet roll. WTH. Shouting out, I am going to have a crap.
All terrible adverts. That noodle one, gets on my nerves no end. And I eat those too. All those cremation / funeral ads are shown during the day, when all the 'old' people are at home. I think it's terrible really, I mean, you don't need to be thinking about dying when you're having your afternoon tea, or be reminded that you haven't done anything yet.

The poonami nappies,🤢Vogue Williams and her fairy detergent ads,the children must be school age by now and the endless Dormeo mattress ads that the sales are always ending on Monday.
It took me a while to cotton on to the "talking out of the back of her head" and.
yes totally agree about Vogueband tge Dormeo ads, boring and tiring, never entices me to buy. I have come to the conclusion these days that those behind such ads and young ad execs, who really kniw little about what sells, in fact I am convinced of it?

God that woman that does the Fairy laundry liquid makes me puke. I mean just what person that has babies and toddlers in the house wears white clothes and has white furniture FFS? Oh and she's so perfect as well, her kids never annoy her and she always looks so beautiful with her perfect hair and makeup. I'd like to kick her off Southend pier and see if she still comes up with clean clothes 🙀

CC

The poonami nappies
You know, rightly or wrongly, I think this advert makes 'light' of Tsunamis. Your nappy 'equates' to a huge tidal wave that can affect thousands of lives for the worse. Not appropriate at all, even if it's 'just an ad', or 'just the way I think'.

You know, rightly or wrongly, I think this advert makes 'light' of Tsunamis. Your nappy 'equates' to a huge tidal wave that can affect thousands of lives for the worse. Not appropriate at all, even if it's 'just an ad', or 'just the way I think'.
I was thinking exactly the same so it's not just you!

God that woman that does the Fairy laundry liquid makes me puke. I mean just what person that has babies and toddlers in the house wears white clothes and has white furniture FFS? Oh and she's so perfect as well, her kids never annoy her and she always looks so beautiful with her perfect hair and makeup. I'd like to kick her off Southend pier and see if she still comes up with clean clothes 🙀

CC
......all over her lovely white clothes of course!!! For some reason I don't mind her, but I did go through a stage of disliking her when the first advert came out. The reason being is that she took part in a tv quiz show, I can't even remember which one it was but she was unbelievably thick, nothing wrong with that but when the first advert came out, she opened and closed the box of fairy pods - "click clack" just like that - F*&k off!!!! You need a degree in engineering to open the lids of those bliddy childproof boxes, failing that - the muscles of Tarzan and/or a sharp knife. There is no way a silly bint who thinks pork comes from cows and Orion's belt is a fashion accessory could open and close one of those boxes with such ease especially when looking straight on at the camera and not the job in hand! I can believe her house is clean, she loves her kids and she can get the skids out of her sheets so the latest ads aren't too much of a stretch for me, she can stay (for now)!

I've just found a thread I wrote about this subject back in 2020 about annoying packaging .I've copied and pasted

What makes me even more angry is the advert with the model Vogue Williams who's not that "blessed" (recently saw her dire performance Celebrity Mastermind) merrily opening and closing the box with a click, click and there's me, who managed to answer all of her questions correctly, tugging, tearing and swearing like a woman possessed! Even though they're in a different container now, the original box had to be damaged considerably before I actually managed to remove all the contents.

You need a degree in engineering to open the lids of those bliddy childproof boxes
Completely random opener, but a related to topic follower. Do they still make those child proof / adult proof pill pots? :p And one advert that you reminded me off is the Ariel one where they're muddy as heck on a mountain and they wash their clothes and they are sparkling. After all that mud??

Vogue Williams Eh? I might have guessed she wouldn't have been called Susan Shuttleworth. She gets right on my paps. As for all those impossible to open items, I nearly ended up in A&E after trying to prise the bleach cap off with a knife. Just who can open those? Not anyone with arthritic hands I'll tell you. And those Ariel adverts, if you read the small print they are all polyester white t shirts which I'm guessing wash easier than cotton. Washing powder has to be the biggest con ever - nothing comes out clean at any temperature or maybe Mr CC is just the worst eater ever. Try getting curry/tomato sauce out of a cotton shirt at 30 degrees even with Vanish. It can't be done. Why did I read this thread?? Pass the wine 🍷🍷

CC

Vogue Williams Eh? I might have guessed she wouldn't have been called Susan Shuttleworth. She gets right on my paps. As for all those impossible to open items, I nearly ended up in A&E after trying to prise the bleach cap off with a knife. Just who can open those? Not anyone with arthritic hands I'll tell you. And those Ariel adverts, if you read the small print they are all polyester white t shirts which I'm guessing wash easier than cotton. Washing powder has to be the biggest con ever - nothing comes out clean at any temperature or maybe Mr CC is just the worst eater ever. Try getting curry/tomato sauce out of a cotton shirt at 30 degrees even with Vanish. It can't be done. Why did I read this thread?? Pass the wine 🍷🍷

CC
Totally agree I can't open child safe tops and the muddy white t shirts DO NOT come out of the wash looking like brand-new t shirts.

another thing about the Fairy add, did you notice all the colour co-ordination. Ornaments, plates, her clothing all background items coloured in Fairy Turquoise, got to say it has to be yet another very large expensive looking kitchen epitomising Fairy Turquoise!

Attachments

• IMG_0874.gif
    IMG_0874.gif
    253.1 KB · Views: 0
another thing about the Fairy add, did you notice all the colour co-ordination. Ornaments, plates, her clothing all background items coloured in Fairy Turquoise, got to say it has to be yet another very large expensive looking kitchen epitomising Fairy Turquoise!
Talking of that, how many adverts apply to 'normal' people's houses? There's the conservatory one that looks like the house has a garden big enough to build a housing estate on it.

yes absolutely, I think the ad agencies deliberately househunt for properties that are huge. The other ad the latest line of peopke speaking from their brow or the back of their head, creepy! This is another reason why I think these ads are made by very young folk.

yes absolutely, I think the ad agencies deliberately househunt for properties that are huge. The other ad the latest line of peopke speaking from their brow or the back of their head, creepy! This is another reason why I think these ads are made by very young folk.
I have NO idea what chewing gum (the act as well as the item) has to do with a mouth in the forehead. The one with the back of the head talking is silly, but not as creepy as the second mouth.

CC
She always irritated me in these adverts but she went down in my estimation when I read that on her podcast she was slagging off a customer who didn't want to change seats on a plane to accommodate her and her family to sit together. She asked the stewardess if they could find another seat for this f*****g ****. And the bloke did move.

Basically despite earning loads from simpering on TV about her washing, her and her husband couldn't work out how to pay extra to sit together.

Latest posts

Back