Vacuuming Robot Roomba

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I really want one of these. August 1st I am moving into a converted chapel which has all the original oak floors. The ground floor is really big and I think this would be the answer. Hmmmmm- wonder if I can squeeze a bit more out of my savings for this?
Wow, sounds fab, Hampy! IMO the Roomba's definitely for you - I've got all oak and slate floors on our ground floor and it's amazing even with the perpetual dog hairs! We're going to try it in the bedrooms tomorrow - I can hardly contain my excitement...
;)

Oye - I am telling my bank manager about you madam!!!:D

Seriously, seriously tempted. Just looked at the IW website but can't see it - how much are they selling them for?

Careful with IW because the other day they were selling an older model. I would say buy the 530. I paid a lot for mine because I was too impatient to shop around. Check out Amazon and Costco. :)

I have the 560 and it is brilliant!!!!! I will never be without my Roomba.

I also have the Scooba and the Dirt Dog. Amazing!

Robots rule!!!!!

I have the 560 and it is brilliant!!!!! I will never be without my Roomba.

I also have the Scooba and the Dirt Dog. Amazing!

Robots rule!!!!!

What are the Scooba and Dirt Dog? How do they work?

Scooba is a robot floor cleaner/washer - which I can't wait to get BTW... :thumbsup:

ebd779652e0630dba96a206a93d1e103.jpg

...Dirt Dog is a heavy duty vac for the garage/workshop - I imagine it would be good to have for clearing up post-builders...

cf37c2ff5907c13f9609267a90aad0b7.jpg

I got both for £281 on ebay but got stung for £50 import duty. Still bargains though and my kitchen floor has never been so clean.

Hi - I bought mine from Barmey too at the same price as Prophette - ordered Friday and delivered Wednesday. Excellent all round. :D

How do these things work when they hit rugs or cat beanbags? I have wooden floors throughout, apart from the kitchen that has stone slabs. If its just left to its own devices, would it end up sucking up the rugs and beds?
Also, I have some lovely chinese lacquered furniture, would it damage it as it bangs into everything?

Hi - mine just glides over all my rugs. When it hits the bean bag it will either change direction or if any got caught up in the brushes stop as it has a cut out mechanism. It's great seeing it go from living room hall to kitchen (carpet, wooden floor and tiles)...... and didn't Hampton get a good price

****** hell - these things actually work?

I'm really shocked - and now I want one too!

I have two cats, one of whom is very furry and the amount of dust/fur/general crap that ends up on my floors is horrendous. I have a Dyson animal, which is brilliant, but it's just such a faff!

I have hard floors downstairs and carpets up, and even now I should be cleaning, but can't be bothered!

Damn it, I think I'm going to have to get one........

Either that or a cleaner!

Hi - mine just glides over all my rugs. When it hits the bean bag it will either change direction or if any got caught up in the brushes stop as it has a cut out mechanism. It's great seeing it go from living room hall to kitchen (carpet, wooden floor and tiles)...... and didn't Hampton get a good price

Same here, Choppysocks and I've found Roomba's very gentle as it slows down when approaching my furniture...

:love:

Thanks, I may see if I can get one at a good price, with my kitties leaving fur all over at the moment it would be good to have something else to do the cleaning!

Take it or leave it -- its not like the BEST vacuums ie suck-o-lux but its brilliant as a all round sweeper / cleaner thingy.. You must still do a good vac now and again its not total replacement. Its a life saver costs a mint but it brilliant 100% recomend IMHO if you can take the price tag.. On line is cheaper if you google a few sites and see

Used a lot in my house and would not be without it

Latest posts

Back