Wearable Christmas motifs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'll wear the hats and have a laugh doing so it's just the jumpers, I do that much running round Christmas Day I prefer a nice, loose cotton shirt something I can be cool in (cool as in not hot, not cool as in trendy) I wouldn't feel comfortable in a jumper.

I also can't be doing with woolly jumpers! My Christmas jumper this year is a pj top in viscose - lightweight and not a santa, penguin, reindeer or snowflake in sight... yet it is honestly festive.

I saw the best chrimbo top in a garden centre this year. It was a grey tshirt with a picture of rudolfs face. Above the face it said "same ****" and underneath it said " just a different year"

I thought it was fab and nearly got it

I think the worst thing I ever saw, although not being worn THANKFULLY!, was a pair of musical Christmas underpants that were given to my brother. Mind you the look of embarrassment on his face was a joy to behold. I love my brother. No, I really do. Honestly.

The most emm "interesting or disturbing" (depends on your point of view) displays of Christmas attire I have ever witnessed was in Australia a few years ago.

One of the bright sparks in a local bar near where we were staying, decided to run a charity night competition, called "SPEEDO CHRISTMAS", to help raise money for a young surfer who had been paralysed in an accident. The contestants were encouraged to design then catwalk Christmas themed speedo swimming trunks or thongs, yes thongs and not the kind you put on your feet, in a fashion show staged at the pub. To encourage people to enter the local garage put up a prize of $100 donation to any local charity of the winners choosing.

As you can imagine the competition was fierce, there was even accusations of cheating in certain departments by some of the contestants. While no Chippendales appeared, there was a few sights (none of them good) that even a bout of amnesia could never fully erase from your memory. (beached whale Beer gut, glittery antlers and a thong anyone). I think the poor compare, who was a DJ from the local radio station, must still be in therapy to this day.

Who honestly though a bunch of guys could get so creative with some tinsel, a few Christmas baubles, reindeer antlers and Santa hats, when most of them looked as though they wouldn't know what end of a paint brush to stick in a paint tin.

Believe me ladies and gentlemen, no matter were your imagination takes you, thankfully it will never plummet to the depths of some of the sights witnessed that night. Or if it does, may I suggest a visit to your G.P, pronto, as you may need to urgently review your choice of your medication.

The most emm "interesting or disturbing" (depends on your point of view) displays of Christmas attire I have ever witnessed was in Australia a few years ago.

One of the bright sparks in a local bar near where we were staying, decided to run a charity night competition, called "SPEEDO CHRISTMAS", to help raise money for a young surfer who had been paralysed in an accident. The contestants were encouraged to design then catwalk Christmas themed speedo swimming trunks or thongs, yes thongs and not the kind you put on your feet, in a fashion show staged at the pub. To encourage people to enter the local garage put up a prize of $100 donation to any local charity of the winners choosing.

As you can imagine the competition was fierce, there was even accusations of cheating in certain departments by some of the contestants. While no Chippendales appeared, there was a few sights (none of them good) that even a bout of amnesia could never fully erase from your memory. (beached whale Beer gut, glittery antlers and a thong anyone). I think the poor compare, who was a DJ from the local radio station, must still be in therapy to this day.

Who honestly though a bunch of guys could get so creative with some tinsel, a few Christmas baubles, reindeer antlers and Santa hats, when most of them looked as though they wouldn't know what end of a paint brush to stick in a paint tin.

Believe me ladies and gentlemen, no matter were your imagination takes you, thankfully it will never plummet to the depths of some of the sights witnessed that night. Or if it does, may I suggest a visit to your G.P, pronto, as you may need to urgently review your choice of your medication.

:mysmilie_15:

At least it wasn't a borat speedo christmas???!!! At least their hearts were in the right place, raising money for charity, even if the results were nightmare-inducing.

Ali Keenan was suggesting giving the bracelet 12 days before Christmas with a charm each day as a gift until Christmas Day. Yep that's the twelve days of Christmas nailed right there!! To hell with tradition. Wonder if twelfth night entered her head at any point?

So disappointed with the bracelet. It's very pretty but for the price I imagined something a bit weightier and chunkier charms. Also the link attaching the clasp came off the first time I wore it and although I put it back on, this should not happen at this price. Don't know why I was stupid enough to think it would be any different. I am sending it back on Monday and saving up for a better one, hopefully in the sales.

Latest posts

Back