What have you NEVER used

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
What have you bought from sellytelly and NEVER used?

I have loads of things, but the first that springs to mind is a "Bricky" bricklaying set.

It made bricklaying look so easy that I ordered it before realising that I'd actually never need to do any bricklaying. And it wasn't cheap either.

A hooded hairdryer that you sit under. I kept it for years, then donated it to a woman who does charity work. She gave it to an old lady who sent me a message to say that she is very much envied in the old folks' home because she can sit under this fancy hairdryer hood.

So funny: "I ordered it before realising that I'd actually never need to do any bricklaying" !!

Screen Shot 2015-12-28 at 17.51.45.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-28 at 17.53.51.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-12-28 at 17.53.51.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 183

I have loads of things, but the first that springs to mind is a "Bricky" bricklaying set.

It made bricklaying look so easy that I ordered it before realising that I'd actually never need to do any briclaying. And it wasn't cheap either.

That was one of the first things that took my interest on selly telly - I had visions of Mr L building walls (I have a thing about walls, don't ask) for me, but whilst he did think it made the actual laying look easier he knew that founds were a whole different ball game so just ignored me until I got caught up on Q and all the sparkles they had to offer.

The amount of stuff never used in our house could supply a small nation and still have spares.

It made bricklaying look so easy that I ordered it before realising that I'd actually never need to do any bricklaying. And it wasn't cheap either.

I saw a demo at a show once - I was gearing myself up to getting one as a 'just in case' (well, you never know when you might need a wall) when Mr Tiddly reminded me that I'm a 'bodger' by nature and so building walls might be a bit dangerous in the long run :wait:. I still hanker after one though...

I've got some glue fixer stuff that dries so hard it can be hit with a hammer - still waiting for an opportunity to use that :mysmilie_59:.

I bought two editions of Zumba, tried the first one and the second one didn't take out of the box.

You must be a selly telly director's dream customer !!

A Vax carpet cleaner which has sat in the garage in its un-opened box for at least 5 years. My carpets are filthy. I must add this to my 2016 resolutions

I bought a steam generator iron from Q with a two year guarantee. It was bought for when the trusty iron I had already, died. Finally it did so I got the Morphy Richards out of its box, switched it on and it didn't work. No steam. After ringing both MR helpline and contacting Q CS I learned that the two year guarantee means zilch. Q told me to get an iron engineer (what?) to examine it and then get back to them. Both seller and manufacturer said it was the fault of the other and it was also my fault for not testing it before the first year of the guarantee ran out, so 2 year guarantees are completely worthless it seems. It all got very bitter and I still have the useless iron sitting in its box in my garage.

Mine was a Kirkland (clearly a Costco product) very large and very clear plastic soft drinks fountain dispenser. Looked good on the presentation, but in the cold light of day it stayed in the box and I couldn't even give it away. So off it went as a donation to the raffle at the local community centre !

I bought the Ab King Pro - a most ridiculous, flimsy ab bench with a kind of semi-circular metal hoop thing. Apart from nearly taking my eye out assembling this contraption it proved not to be able to support my weight (I am 1.83 metres and 70kg) - hardly morbidly obese. Then I bought the Ab Circle Pro. This was a circular device where one swished from side to side. I sold it as I didn't really have enough space. Then I bought a normal sit-up bench - perfect!

If I'm totally honest it didn't take selly telly for me to buy such things.

I never came home from the Ideal Home Exhibition without some item which was going to change my life but was just a load of junk. At least that was only once a year unlike ST which was 12 hours a day, every day.

I like to think I believe because I wouldn't do that to someone else but who am I kidding.

I saw a demo at a show once - I was gearing myself up to getting one as a 'just in case' (well, you never know when you might need a wall) when Mr Tiddly reminded me that I'm a 'bodger' by nature and so building walls might be a bit dangerous in the long run :wait:. I still hanker after one though...

I've got some glue fixer stuff that dries so hard it can be hit with a hammer - still waiting for an opportunity to use that :mysmilie_59:.

I had two lots of that glue. It came in a roll with a different coloured inner. You had to mould it with your fingers and it magically turned into something sticky. Alas, it was too hard to mould.

Some of those grippy things you put on your shoes when it snows. They`re still in the packaging. I lost them for a while, then found them when I moved house but I still haven`t used them.

A very expensive food blender, because it was on offer, still very expensive, but made of solid metal, no plastic, so clearly a high class product. It weighed as much as several house bricks so I could never lift it off the kitchen cupboard bottom shelf, where it spent a few years in cosy companionship with the many other food processor/chopper devices I also bought and only used once.

The week my Dad died I bought an electric food slicer, because for some reason I thought it would ease the grief. This is despite the fact that I am old enough to be able to slice food with a knife. It was in its box in my attic until after the tenth anniversary of his death, when I finally put it with some other items which a friend took in his car to the tip.

Some of those grippy things you put on your shoes when it snows. They`re still in the packaging. I lost them for a while, then found them when I moved house but I still haven`t used them.

I have these and for once (in the right conditions) they are great. One winter I had to walk several miles in the snow to work and I don't think I would have made it without them.

I have to admit to having 3 pairs - 1 at home, 1 in the car and 1 at work for an emergency walk home!

Those grippy things are exelent but if you want to pop in the supermarket you would need to take them off as they become slippery on marble floor.

Another vote from me for Winter Trax. Not needed them the last two winters but when they have been used, they've been great.

I am struggling to think what I might have bought and never used. I want one of those bricklaying things though! No, I wouldn't use it but hey ....

Latest posts

Back