What have you NEVER used

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Some of those grippy things you put on your shoes when it snows. They`re still in the packaging. I lost them for a while, then found them when I moved house but I still haven`t used them.
I have the same thing still unopened. Mind you we haven't really had much snow and frost since I bought them a pair of Wellies would have been more useful.

I bought two editions of Zumba, tried the first one and the second one didn't take out of the box.

I've watched the Zumba DVD a couple of times whilst munching a bag of crisps (and telling myself I needed to sit and watch to get to know the moves before I started it for real) and the hand weights are useful to poke under the table to see if one of my cats is on the dining chair under the table cloth - daren't use my hands as I'd get savaged!

Probably the worst ever was things which were supposed to convert pierced earrings to clip on

The best were cloths which I have used every day to clean the shower and have scoured the Internet for replacements (best USEFUL)

I've done my Zumba DVD twice - once with a friend when there was no class due to snow.

I also have a Fitsteps DVD which I've done once. If only you could get fit by just watching them!!

My most ridiculous unused item though is some metal things which were used to make bows on cushions without any sewing.

I've got several bits and bobs of fitness equipment like that ring thing that's supposed to tone you up and various other weird gimmicks. And a Spanx all-in-one still unused and still in my drawer. It probably doesn't even fit now if I ever did get round to trying it on.

I bought two editions of Zumba, tried the first one and the second one didn't take out of the box.

I bought the first Zumba TSV. It's still in the box and the cellophane round the box is still untouched.

I also bought some fandangled step thing with bands attached to it to strengthen the arms while you stepped up and down. This was years ago and I've never seen it featured since. However, mine featured down at the local tip a matter of weeks later. Heaven help anyone who picked it up hoping that it was THE have-to-have keep fit item.

I've got several bits and bobs of fitness equipment like that ring thing that's supposed to tone you up and various other weird gimmicks. And a Spanx all-in-one still unused and still in my drawer. It probably doesn't even fit now if I ever did get round to trying it on.

I read today that one of the richest women in America is the woman who invented Spanx. You have answered the question I asked myself. As Mr Colman became very rich from the mustard which people left on the side of the plate, did the Spanx woman get rich from people who bought her elastic knickers in hope, and then left them in the drawer?

That paint you put on to silver jewellery to make it turn gold. I did use it, but that does not count because i was never able to wear the jewellery afterwards. The gold stuff never stuck to it properly, but didn't come off either, so made the silver jewellery unwearable.

I ought to have realised before purchasing from Q that the alchemists of centuries ago died poor and frequently insane, trying in vain to turn base metal into gold.

microwave meat browning griddle used once and it just cluttered up the kitchen cupboards. also microwave pans with handles to heat up baked beans etc why they cam in packs of five is dont know

For me it has to be my cooks essentials ice cream maker, seemed like a good idea at the time but I don't eat that much ice cream, and could never be bothered to make it when I fancied some, it will soon be making an appearance down the charity shop after a long period at the back of a kitchen cupboard

When DIY had a regular Sunday slot Mr L used to order all the odd bod things "just in case" however if such an emergency ever arose he would never find them and if he did by the time he unpacked it would be too late.

What have you bought from sellytelly and NEVER used?

I have loads of things, but the first that springs to mind is a "Bricky" bricklaying set.

It made bricklaying look so easy that I ordered it before realising that I'd actually never need to do any bricklaying. And it wasn't cheap either.

...I bought one of those,too. The demos looked so easy to do...Don't know what possessed me. It's in the attic somewhere, never used.

Where do I start? I have various TSVs of Elemis, Decleor, Philosophy,Alpha-H, ( I will start using these as I finish the current Elemis I am using) I have the Red carpet gel nail varnish still unused in the box (will be getting to try it one of these days, it seems such fuss , I hope they have not dried up ) I have the Ninja still in the box. I have a box of candles.... I had to buy two boxes, didn't I :doh: I still have some from one box, I checked them out and surprisingly they are fine!!! I gave some to a religious group that gives Christmas dinner and presents to lonely people. I have a video camera that I have not used. An Archos media player is somewhere. I have Butler and Wilson's Union Jack necklace and if that was not enough I bought the bracelet later during the patriotic year of the Queen's diamond Jubilee . I had not found a suitable time or had remembered to wear either of them yet. They are a bit too flashy :happy:
Actually, I might wear one or the other this New Year's Eve:mysmilie_378: And again, next year though, the queen will be ninety, there might be a feeling of patriotism again, so I might wear one of them :mysmilie_480: I have a Bibi Bijoux necklace , that I have not used it yet. I find it too heavy, I will give it to one of my nieces, I think. I have lots of clothes that are still in bags. I am not thinking anymore, or I might start feeling really down.

That bendy bar thing. Got it last year but had an operation on my spine just after I got it. Didn't get chance to use it before the op and daren't use it now so it's stuck behind the sofa bed.

Actually now I think about it, was it fro QVC or IW?

loveallthingsitalian;833764[B said:
]Probably the worst ever was things which were supposed to convert pierced earrings to clip on[/B]
The best were cloths which I have used every day to clean the shower and have scoured the Internet for replacements (best USEFUL)

Can I recommend going onto the Alibaba website for the screw/clip converters - they're brilliant - I've bought several pairs and with a small pair of pliers can transform a pair of 'piercy's"

Bought one of these wind up torches about a lifetime ago found it when cleaning out my shed used it once could not be bothered to keep winding it up as i remember

I have a gymful (is that a word?) of exercise equipment gathering dust or gone. Air walker, leg exerciser thing, DVDs, rowing machine, stepper, diet chef, 5:2 diet, books, hypnotise yourself thin and an exercise bike. Add to that slimming knickers that were supposed to disguise the fact that none of those other things were working. What a waste of money. I'm going to stop worrying about fat in 2016 and put all that money to much better use.

CC

Latest posts

Back