When is a t-shirt not a t-shirt?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
.......when they are charging £85 for 2! Late last night I tuned into Q and Worzel Gummidge/Ali Keenan were presenting some MW. Along came a pack of 2 baggy looking t shirts they were £80 for 2 plus a ridiculous £4.95 p&p. That is crazy! I think if you're spending over a certain amount then postage should be free, also that something so light and flimsy should not cost so much to send. We all know they're gonna be thrown in a plastic bag and unceremoniously be stuffed through the letterbox. I do not condone unnecessary packaging, but if you're charging prices like that then they need to be laid flat in a box with tissue and have some kind of presentation. Ali addressed the elephant in the room, coming out with the usual "This may seem like a considered purchase" - I disagree with that statement as lets face it, if anyone actually gave it any consideration, then they most certainly wouldn't buy. It would be more honest to say "buy now, kick yourself later" It strikes me that the MBG is in place simply to justify such ludicrous pricing. Most people would baulk at paying £85 for a couple of flimsy t shirts, but they know that the customer addict will think I've got nothing to lose and then keep them anyway. Of course the usual "Don't think this is a t-shirt" spiel was used - It's a top - Yeah right, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck! No amount of viscose/Modal (whatever that is) or elastane is gonna make me want to part with that sort of money

.......when they are charging £85 for 2! Late last night I tuned into Q and Worzel Gummidge/Ali Keenan were presenting some MW. Along came a pack of 2 baggy looking t shirts they were £80 for 2 plus a ridiculous £4.95 p&p. That is crazy! I think if you're spending over a certain amount then postage should be free, also that something so light and flimsy should not cost so much to send. We all know they're gonna be thrown in a plastic bag and unceremoniously be stuffed through the letterbox. I do not condone unnecessary packaging, but if you're charging prices like that then they need to be laid flat in a box with tissue and have some kind of presentation. Ali addressed the elephant in the room, coming out with the usual "This may seem like a considered purchase" - I disagree with that statement as lets face it, if anyone actually gave it any consideration, then they most certainly wouldn't buy. It would be more honest to say "buy now, kick yourself later" It strikes me that the MBG is in place simply to justify such ludicrous pricing. Most people would baulk at paying £85 for a couple of flimsy t shirts, but they know that the customer addict will think I've got nothing to lose and then keep them anyway. Of course the usual "Don't think this is a t-shirt" spiel was used - It's a top - Yeah right, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck! No amount of viscose/Modal (whatever that is) or elastane is gonna make me want to part with that sort of li

.......when they are charging £85 for 2! Late last night I tuned into Q and Worzel Gummidge/Ali Keenan were presenting some MW. Along came a pack of 2 baggy looking t shirts they were £80 for 2 plus a ridiculous £4.95 p&p. That is crazy! I think if you're spending over a certain amount then postage should be free, also that something so light and flimsy should not cost so much to send. We all know they're gonna be thrown in a plastic bag and unceremoniously be stuffed through the letterbox. I do not condone unnecessary packaging, but if you're charging prices like that then they need to be laid flat in a box with tissue and have some kind of presentation. Ali addressed the elephant in the room, coming out with the usual "This may seem like a considered purchase" - I disagree with that statement as lets face it, if anyone actually gave it any consideration, then they most certainly wouldn't buy. It would be more honest to say "buy now, kick yourself later" It strikes me that the MBG is in place simply to justify such ludicrous pricing. Most people would baulk at paying £85 for a couple of flimsy t shirts, but they know that the customer addict will think I've got nothing to lose and then keep them anyway. Of course the usual "Don't think this is a t-shirt" spiel was used - It's a top - Yeah right, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck! No amount of viscose/Modal (whatever that is) or elastane is gonna make me want to part with that sort of money
Still too expensive at the sale price. That's why they're on sale - nobody bought them for £80 plus postage. They'll have to reduce the price again to get rid of them. Baggy looking things with enormous necks.

Still too expensive at the sale price. That's why they're on sale - nobody bought them for £80 plus postage. They'll have to reduce the price again to get rid of them. Baggy looking things with enormous necks.
They weren't on sale as far as I know - but I'm sure they will be at some stage, though I very much doubt that the price that they eventually come down to will be anywhere near realistic for what they are - half price would still be far too expensive!

I splashed out on a recycled viscose top from Primark yesterday. I can't check the receipt but I definitely paid less than £10.
I rarely get anything in Primark as I find sizing way off.
I was looking at a pretty top and a lady was at the next stand and told me that to get it to fit over your hips the size you would need would be so large the top would be so baggy everything would fall out.🤣
Some of the undies are ok eg cami tops and knickers.

Worzel🤣🤣🤣

Latest posts

Back