Why do they ignore reviews …..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
….. except when they are good.

I've just been reading the reviews for this item, WHICH THEY ARE SELLING AGAIN AFTER LOADS OF APPALLING REVIEWS.

If you go onto the reviews and put them into "lowest ratings first" you will see one after another saying that they have lost faith in QVC for selling such useless Chinese tat, here is an example ...

The concept is good but the actual end result is extremely poor. Quality of item is poor and the actual lenses are not as described They do not enlarge writing or numbers x3 They distort the writing. The materials are so poor and flimsy that I would have expected to find them inside a Xmas cracker. They are not worth 50p a unit...

So many people are angry because of the postage they've wasted, and all saying they should not sell such tat, and yet TODAY here they are shilling them yet again.

More and more I am thinking that QVC DESERVE TO GO BUST, not only by selling these in the first place, but then selling them again after the dreadful reviews. And this is happening more and more, including my own personal experience of an item I sent back at least a year ago, and they are still selling.

24 x 1 star reviews, 3 x 5 stars (they probably didn't even try them)

WHAT A SHAMBLES

Last edited:
They ignore reviews just as they read and ignore comments on this forum. Why else after all that has been said on this forum do we still read about free vacuum cleaners, JR, hair styling tools, KT and KP, cleaning products being trialled en masse?
It’s because QVC and their salespersons are greedy and disrespectful of their customers and will continue to do that as long as their sales are not affected. That will continue as long as there are people who write in telling them how happy they are to see them enjoying their freebies. Or, encouraged, by presenters, send in stamped addressed envelopes so that they can get a Christmas card. What kind of stupid is that? I won’t spend any money with them as long as all this continues. Watch for ideas and spend elsewhere. As far as I am concerned that’s all they are good for.

Because it would seem no matter what the reviews people rush to buy from QVC.
That’s what I can’t understand. A friend of mine has recently bought 4 “fashion” pieces from QVC. All of them were obvious returns. How does that work with the Covid19 situation and I hate to imagine what will be sent out in their Sales. That Nellie’s Laundry Soda should be sent out free with each Sales order.

I don't know Stratto, maybe the fact they're re-flogging them because they've had a lot of returns/unsold stock left. I'm guessing the stuff would be bound for the outlet stores under normal circumstances . We know that they do send out returns to their unsuspecting customers. When I say "under normal circumstances" I mean not Christmas. Let's face it these are the sort of things that people are likely to buy as little stocking fillers, or to go inside home made crackers....so that's a huge chunk of product that will go un-tested before Xmas. If I received something like this in a stocking or cracker and it was no good, it would go in the bin, no love lost, no pain felt - Q must realise that Christmas is a good time to get rid of crap and if they can get full price for it - they'll do it. I'm guessing that the bad reviews/returns will have come from people who've bought them either for themselves, or even stocking fillers but decided to keep one for themselves, tried it, though OMG what a load of crap, can't give that to anyone - even as a stocking filler! On the back of the poor reviews, they might perhaps not do them next year (but knowing them they probably will 'cause they don't seem to care about quality) but as I'm in a kind mood today I'll give them the benefit of the doubt!

I don't know Stratto, maybe the fact they're re-flogging them because they've had a lot of returns/unsold stock left. I'm guessing the stuff would be bound for the outlet stores under normal circumstances . We know that they do send out returns to their unsuspecting customers. When I say "under normal circumstances" I mean not Christmas. Let's face it these are the sort of things that people are likely to buy as little stocking fillers, or to go inside home made crackers....so that's a huge chunk of product that will go un-tested before Xmas. If I received something like this in a stocking or cracker and it was no good, it would go in the bin, no love lost, no pain felt - Q must realise that Christmas is a good time to get rid of crap and if they can get full price for it - they'll do it. I'm guessing that the bad reviews/returns will have come from people who've bought them either for themselves, or even stocking fillers but decided to keep one for themselves, tried it, though OMG what a load of crap, can't give that to anyone - even as a stocking filler! On the back of the poor reviews, they might perhaps not do them next year (but knowing them they probably will 'cause they don't seem to care about quality) but as I'm in a kind mood today I'll give them the benefit of the doubt!

They can't have been left over stocks because they were on AO from the "get go", so didn't have any initial stocks, they just got in their orders then got the stock.

So they have either ordered them again, despite the reviews, or they are all returns, which didn't work in the first place.

The majority of things I've bought from QVC have turned out as disappointments, and I've stopped writing honest (not abusive) critical reviews because they are refused. I've been happy with the Ruth Langsford jeans, mostly because of the tall length. but I haven't washed them yet. However, the jumper of hers that I bought - a viscose blend and highly rated - pilled all over with hundreds of tiny bobbles after four of five delicate washes. Much too late too return it, but I won't fall for anything of hers again.

I got the Amanda Holden set of 3 glass jars with timers and they are lovely, although the batteries that came with them didn't last very long. These are the only thing I have bought in over 12 months.

The quality decreases every year.

They also ignore any criticism of their tat peddlers or the BAs. I contacted them a few times about Ms Cleeve's claims regarding Ultrasun & it was only when I mentioned Trading Standards that they reeled her in. Defo a shambles & quite a dodgy one imo.

I always read the Trustpilot reviews and Q have no control over them so can`t delete them willy nilly. I rarely buy from Q these days and I know there are some people who will hear no wrong against them or defend them to the death but I`m not one of them.
They are like dinosaurs and so are their presenters. They are too old to return to whatever they did before Q and not well known enough or famous enough to move into mainstream telly.The likes of Del Boy, JR, Chuntley, Chloe, Ali Young etc etc etc are in last chance saloon in my opinion and that`s why most of them are hanging on for grim death.
As older viewers die off I doubt they are being replaced at the same rate. My DIL is in her mid 30`sand when I bought my grand daughter some cozee home bedding as part of her birthday pressie and my DIL asked where I`d bought it so I told her QVC, her answer was " never heard of it". Somehow I doubt she`s the only one who`se never heard of it !

Reviews - totally lost what little faith I had in them. If I liked a product I wouldn't say so after having so many reviews refused over the years, but I still think it's my duty to warn people if it's overpriced rubbish so I still try to get negative views online. Just as it's their duty, apparently, to refuse them.

Reviews - totally lost what little faith I had in them. If I liked a product I wouldn't say so after having so many reviews refused over the years, but I still think it's my duty to warn people if it's overpriced rubbish so I still try to get negative views online. Just as it's their duty, apparently, to refuse them.
I swear by the negative reviews! Whilst it's reassuring to see plenty of 5 star reviews, what you read in them doesn't give you any more information than you'd have got from the sales patter/description before you buy. Negatives help to iron out any little doubts you might've had about something, and I always look to see whether the same problem comes up in mulitiple reviews. The worst offenders are the infomercial products..they'll never print anything that isn't 100% positive, and I reckon they're all made up anyway. I always see if the product's available on Amazon 'cause you'll get a much more honest picture.

I've heard nothing about the review I sent in for the weapon pens.

I think I've posted it somewhere else on the forum, but can't find it, so here it is again - - - -

One was faulty

I received the set of 2 today, and the torch on one wouldn't work.

Because I had 2, I was able to swap around the batteries, main bodies and torch heads, and it was always the same torch head that wouldn't work, so it was a permanent fault (and yes, I did remove the insulators on the batteries).

On the torch that did work, it was not very bright, and as someone has said, the on/off button is not only tiny but totally unprotected, so it would be impossible to keep it in a pocket or bag without it turning on accidentally and draining the batteries, so would be dead when you actually needed it.

The pen worked OK, but I noticed that the spare refill was only an inch long, so probably wouldn't last long, and I've never seen any like this in the shops when it needs replacing.

One was intended as a gift, and one for me, but as I have to return both together to get a refund, they are now both packed up and ready to return.

There are so many reviews that include pointless comments saying how a garment would look so much better 'if' & then the person totally redesigns it. I'm also equally amused & irritated by the ones where someone goes into great detail about she looked in something, what she wore it with & the event she bought it for but there's not a word about what dress size she wears & how the size she bought fitted her.

If they bring them back again they’ll probably change the item number so those reviews can’t be read. They’ve often done that with other substandard items which I think is a bit underhand and means that more unsuspecting customers get “sucked in.”

Latest posts

Back