Worst fashion hour ever!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
I've just seen Jackie and Sam Ovens (presenters I like which is something) do an hour called "coming in hot" summer style and with the exception of a rather non descript overpriced one piece swimsuit, the stuff was so ugly. Sam was wearing a horrendous 1970's style two piece flared trousers and shirt which would've worked a lot better as separates, the top with a pair of denim shorts and the trousers with a plain white top (none of which were suggested as styling ideas). She looked like she was going to a fancy dress party. I think the only styling idea given across the whole show was to suggest carrying a big straw bag. Jackie's dress was a horrible mixture of pinks and mauves in a god knows what pattern, and the amount of times she referred to it as a pretty dress was nobody's business - Pretty was the last thing it was and the footwear she chose didn't look great with it either.
I don't think I've ever seen so much unprofessionalism in one show (not the presenters fault) Betsy was modelling a very boring shirt dress from Kim which came in camel, lilac or dark navy- they sent her out in the navy so you couldn't see any detail and what's more she had a massive label hanging down the back and they had to get someone in to remove it. Then came a pair of Capri pants that were too tight for the slim model and just looked like a pair of creases and the leg length was described as 29" which was obviously incorrect, all they could do is say Monica's 5"10 and this is how they look on her...well thanks for that. According to them a top they were flogging was 14 inches round the bust, so again they had to contact the gallery and I think they worked out that small was 28" (my chest measurement when I was 12) Medium was 32, Large 36 and XL 40 - none of that sounded right either. There was another short lacy dress that looked more like a kid's party dress, a hideous yellow and green dress, some hideous polyester kaftans. So yes, ugly clothes and slipshod presentation - QVC fashion doesn't need to get any worse - They charge enough for it. Rant over!

I had that show on in the background, glancing up occasionally, and agree with your post, merryone.

To be honest, I’ve decided I’m not a fashionista because the QVC offerings nowadays are nothing that I’d ever wear. They’re either one size fits all, garish patterns and colours, too expensive or they just look odd. The presentations should be called “clothes hours” because most of the items can’t be called fashion, in my opinion.

I now go elsewhere for clothes and they’re a lot cheaper, well made and can be classed as “fashion,”

I gave up on so called “fashion” many years ago. I like to dress for comfort but like to think I’m neat and tidy and don’t look like a ragbag. A lot of the clothes on QVC look as if they came from a 1960s/70s jumble sale.

Anyone remember the smart suits and dresses the QVC presenters wore when they first started. Nice court shoes too, started to go downhill when Julia started to wear those awful flip flop wedges🤭

I've just seen Jackie and Sam Ovens (presenters I like which is something) do an hour called "coming in hot" summer style and with the exception of a rather non descript overpriced one piece swimsuit, the stuff was so ugly. Sam was wearing a horrendous 1970's style two piece flared trousers and shirt which would've worked a lot better as separates, the top with a pair of denim shorts and the trousers with a plain white top (none of which were suggested as styling ideas). She looked like she was going to a fancy dress party. I think the only styling idea given across the whole show was to suggest carrying a big straw bag. Jackie's dress was a horrible mixture of pinks and mauves in a god knows what pattern, and the amount of times she referred to it as a pretty dress was nobody's business - Pretty was the last thing it was and the footwear she chose didn't look great with it either.
I don't think I've ever seen so much unprofessionalism in one show (not the presenters fault) Betsy was modelling a very boring shirt dress from Kim which came in camel, lilac or dark navy- they sent her out in the navy so you couldn't see any detail and what's more she had a massive label hanging down the back and they had to get someone in to remove it. Then came a pair of Capri pants that were too tight for the slim model and just looked like a pair of creases and the leg length was described as 29" which was obviously incorrect, all they could do is say Monica's 5"10 and this is how they look on her...well thanks for that. According to them a top they were flogging was 14 inches round the bust, so again they had to contact the gallery and I think they worked out that small was 28" (my chest measurement when I was 12) Medium was 32, Large 36 and XL 40 - none of that sounded right either. There was another short lacy dress that looked more like a kid's party dress, a hideous yellow and green dress, some hideous polyester kaftans. So yes, ugly clothes and slipshod presentation - QVC fashion doesn't need to get any worse - They charge enough for it. Rant over!
I've just had a look and they really are awful. The orange trouser suit things look like they were made from our french window curtains that I think we bought in around 1975, very Abbigail's party. Like you said, maybe for a 70s fancy dress

I had that show on in the background, glancing up occasionally, and agree with your post, merryone.

To be honest, I’ve decided I’m not a fashionista because the QVC offerings nowadays are nothing that I’d ever wear. They’re either one size fits all, garish patterns and colours, too expensive or they just look odd. The presentations should be called “clothes hours” because most of the items can’t be called fashion, in my opinion.

I now go elsewhere for clothes and they’re a lot cheaper, well made and can be classed as “fashion,”
I've just ordered a linen shirt from Amazon £8.50 ish I think it was.

I ordered a really nice Broderie Anglais white shirt from New Look for £25, OK, I agree that's not that cheap but there was quite a similar one on Q that was about £75. Might have been Marla Wynne. I like New Look, not for quality mind but because their items suit small thin folks and the fit on me is good. I do have to size up though. 10/12 is definitely a 14 in this brand.

CC

I like Sam Ovens but Jackie Kabler irritates me by saying "Em" all the time.

I gave up on so called “fashion” many years ago. I like to dress for comfort but like to think I’m neat and tidy and don’t look like a ragbag. A lot of the clothes on QVC look as if they came from a 1960s/70s jumble sale.

Anyone remember the smart suits and dresses the QVC presenters wore when they first started. Nice court shoes too, started to go downhill when Julia started to wear those awful flip flop wedges🤭
Claire Sutton always used to look stylish IMO, pretty much always on point.

I only had it on while washing the kitchen floor, which was more exciting than the clothes. Talk about the 1960's/1970's calling and wanting their clothes back, the Summer of Love it wasn't. I really do not know who buys their clothes - top dollar prices for utter carp. I would think the model did herself an injury forcing herself into those pants, I was waiting for the ripping sound and all would be revealed. I cannot believe anyone buys this rubbish.

I only had it on while washing the kitchen floor, which was more exciting than the clothes. Talk about the 1960's/1970's calling and wanting their clothes back, the Summer of Love it wasn't. I really do not know who buys their clothes - top dollar prices for utter carp. I would think the model did herself an injury forcing herself into those pants, I was waiting for the ripping sound and all would be revealed. I cannot believe anyone buys this rubbish.
Seriously I usually see something I like the look of, even though I'm not buying, but this hour there was absolutely nothing I liked even a tiny bit, if it wasn't boring it was ugly and garish. I don't know what's happened to Monsoon - I remember back in the 1990's their clothes were lovely and were a little bit special, not any more! The thing is with retro styling (especially 1970s) you've got to be careful otherwise you could look as though you're going to a fancy dress/bad taste party!

I mean wtf does this look like? She looks like a cleaning lady, she only needs a bog brush in her hand to complete the look". The brown version's just as bad, no wonder they sent the model out it the navy blue one! £55 incl postage and that was reduced down from £66 which would've made £70 - This is ridiculous!

Attachments

• 2024-06-03.png
    2024-06-03.png
    396.1 KB · Views: 0

Well said.
Chloe looks dreadful in her dubious trousers and cheap footwear, Catherine looks like a character from Little House on the Prairie, and I dont even know the names of the other long dark haired clones who clearly wouldn't wear the stuff outside of QVC.

I mean wtf does this look like? She looks like a cleaning lady, she only needs a bog brush in her hand to complete the look". The brown version's just as bad, no wonder they sent the model out it the navy blue one! £55 incl postage and that was reduced down from £66 which would've made £70 - This is ridiculous!
🤢🤣

The bog brush would have given it class, which it didn't have on its' own. A mop and bucket would have added even more class. It's like the Emperor's new clothes, isn't it? I'm sure the faithful who buy anything were out there gasping at how stylish it all was. Mrs Overall from Acorn Antiques went through my mind....

I am a cleaning lady and we don't wear this stuff lol. The council provide very bad taste trousers and a polo shirt - all in gigantic sizes. I look like a pile of clothes with a head poking out the top.

With regards to the comment on Claire Sutton, she always looked gorgeous in a dress. A much classier version of Miss Julie stiff dress.

CC

I happened upon a Q handbag show the other day and Jill was on. She just talked over the BA endlessly. It ticked me off so much I didn’t last five minutes, so rude!!!!

I happened upon a Q handbag show the other day and Jill was on. She just talked over the BA endlessly. It ticked me off so much I didn’t last five minutes, so rude!!!!
Nobody loves Jill as much as she does...putting it mildly, she is rather full of herself (why, I can't imagine). I used to love watching her try to talk over the costume Jewellery guy (?Simon?) - if looks could kill, she would have slumped to the floor, he was having none of her shenanigans and could be somewhat blunt. I think he was the only one who actually managed to shut her up.

She's looking decidedly rough these days. It's like she's given up, and pops into QVC to do her shift after she's ....... I was going to say the shopping and laundry, but she doesnt "do" housework or cooking or gardening - she doesn't do beauty either by the state of her !!

Latest posts

Back