Yankee Candle Set of 3 2 Wick World Journeys Feature Price

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

if you put the single item in your basket it asks if you'd like autodelivery, but when I say yes it just keeps asking?!!

I read on Facebook that they withdrew the auto delivery but one was originally intended. I don't mind though because I am guessing the auto delivery options would not be scents I like (the Hawaiian lei sounds like Plumeira (as the Plumeira/Frangipani is the flower used in the lei) the Palm one will be "under the palms" and at a guess the Bali Sand will either be a Pink Sands or Sun & Sand. The same wax just re named and re branded to clear the stocks and pretend they are selling something new!

I read on Facebook that they withdrew the auto delivery but one was originally intended. I don't mind though because I am guessing the auto delivery options would not be scents I like (the Hawaiian lei sounds like Plumeira (as the Plumeira/Frangipani is the flower used in the lei) the Palm one will be "under the palms" and at a guess the Bali Sand will either be a Pink Sands or Sun & Sand. The same wax just re named and re branded to clear the stocks and pretend they are selling something new!
Oh God, I want all of them then!!!!!!

I have found the World Journeys a bit hit and miss - they do get mixed reviews online too - so I would be very interested to hear what anyone who buys this set thinks and would be grateful if you could kindly post back on here when you have tried any of them. I'm particularly interested in how strong they are and what they really smell like, especially if they are like other candles as Weathergirl suggests they will be. I usually just buy but something is stopping me this time (not a bad thing!).

Well to me they smelt very faint, but they were just delivered and cold which always has an impact. However, Rolling Hills Of Ireland was cracked (OH NO!!!!!!) so they are repackaged as I await a replacement candle direct from YC or have to send the whole lot back. I daren't leave it unpacked or I know the papers etc will go missing. So on the basis of the one jar sniff they have the strength level of those pastel ones from last year (Thai Spas, Fiji Beach) which I know we're criticised for being weak although mine are still, of course months away from being burnt because of high stock levels!!!!

Do you have an empty or almost empty tumbler from another candle Mazza? There's a great clip on you tube showing how to re-jar them. It is probably loads easier with tumblers because of the shape. If you have an empty large jar you could probably use this if the wax was soft and just have a 2 wick jar like the village ones are. You could get boiling your pan of water! I have never had one arrive smashed but I would give it a try if it was a scent I liked. Here is the link:
https://youtu.be/sQBc3sOZprk

Do you like the fragrances Mazza? Also are they the same size or larger as the details on QVC website indicated?

I have had two previous collections of these (but not the one you mention) and they were the same height but smaller in diameter than my original jars. I had a look last night on empty old jar but weight wasn't indicated but said burn time 75-90 hours which is comparable with the 85 hours Rosa said.

Hope you don't mind all the questions, thanks ☺️

Update: just checked website again and they have updated weight to 566g same as earlier sets.

Last edited:
Thanks for the repotting tip, but somehow I think it is not for me!! Not too handy when it comes to that sort of thing. Had it been a little chip in the rim I would not have minded but it is below the wax line so they can send me a new one.

Of the three Appalachian daisy was the nicest I thought, and the strongest. The other two were very faint (being cold) but pleasant. I have just unpacked them and had a re-sniff and my verdict is, white one is like Love me Love me not, fresh and grassy. Green one has warmed and is a bit stronger, similar to but not as full as the old green garden one they did. Pink one is the weakest and seems pleasant enough but is nowhere near as strong as the old Cherry Blossom. I think for impact you would need to buy a few tarts to match, but for me they will be fine as I always do that.

They are the same size as before. Over Xmas I used these and got a pretty good length of burn, over 85 hours I would say whereas with the large jars which say on them 110-150 hours I am definitely at the lower end of the range.

Thanks for the repotting tip, but somehow I think it is not for me!! Not too handy when it comes to that sort of thing. Had it been a little chip in the rim I would not have minded but it is below the wax line so they can send me a new one.

I know - it looks very fiddly. However I don't think QVC will want the broken jar returned to them and they will probably ask you to discard this jar-even if they ask you to return the other 2, or will just ask the courier to collect the other 2. So you will probably end up with a replacement and the broken one with all that wax. It would be a shame to throw it in the bin- so perhaps cut it up for your scenterpiece or burner if re-potting is not as easy as the video makes it look.

I have a large jar that burnt unevenly and now the wick has burnt to the bottom. I stuck it on the hot radiator and the wax softened and I cut it into chunks. I am using the chunks in my electric burner. Producing a stronger smell than the candle did. Excellent. Seems stronger than the melts as well

Of the three Appalachian daisy was the nicest I thought, and the strongest. The other two were very faint (being cold) but pleasant. I have just unpacked them and had a re-sniff and my verdict is, white one is like Love me Love me not, fresh and grassy. Green one has warmed and is a bit stronger, similar to but not as full as the old green garden one they did. Pink one is the weakest and seems pleasant enough but is nowhere near as strong as the old Cherry Blossom. I think for impact you would need to buy a few tarts to match, but for me they will be fine as I always do that.

They are the same size as before. Over Xmas I used these and got a pretty good length of burn, over 85 hours I would say whereas with the large jars which say on them 110-150 hours I am definitely at the lower end of the range.

Thanks for this - very helpful. I found the set containing Fiji Beach and Spas of Thailand really disappointing and had a feeling these would be similar as the scents are not really easy to guess from the names. If I needed more candles I might be tempted because this set is a good price and I don't dislike softer fragrances occasionally, but I absolutely don't need more so am finding it very easy to resist.

Interesting what you say about burn times too. I have actually kept a note of when I've burnt certain candles so I could see what the total time was for each. I haven't got to the bottom of a World Journeys candle yet so don't have a total for these but for votives, I get well over 15 hours, which is generous. For large housewarmer (standard) jars I've never had more than 120 hours so like you, the lower end of the range they suggest. I am very fussy with the burning too, and always trim wicks, make sure they melt to the edge and never get tunnelling, etc, so I should be optimising burn times. Maybe they quote these times expecting nobody will ever check!

What with faint scent and other problems, it doesn't seem worth it. I've always found that chopping up my useless votives has released a much better scent when used as melts. I still think they've changed the formulas since I first started buying. Masses are buying so cheapen the ingredients - they'll buy them anyway. I don't like that.

CC

I've just received mine, and I really like them. Looking on the Yankee Addicts site, there are several new ones in the World Journeys series that look really nice - so I'd definitely order them again from QVC at less than £12 each, including the postage.

I've just received mine, and I really like them. Looking on the Yankee Addicts site, there are several new ones in the World Journeys series that look really nice - so I'd definitely order them again from QVC at less than £12 each, including the postage.

Could you let us know what you think when you have lit them, frenchie, please?

I've just looked at WaxAddicts again - hadn't seen the whole section of WJ candles before - wow, so many and some of them do sound lovely.

That is the trouble, AndiK. Nearly every candle they make sounds lovely to me!!!!

I like all 3 of them, and the scent is good on all of them. They were very cold when they arrived (something to do with the weather methinks!), and the scent is always less then.
I tried to put a review on QVC, saying how lovely they are, describing all the scents, and saying I'd love more sets of the World Journeys.... and I was rejected!!! lol

They do sound nice. There is a favourable review on the website now. Strangely, the person says they ordered on Auto Delivery and look forward to the next drop.

Latest posts

Back