Yet another waitlist mess up

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

Spooky

Guest Shopper
Ordered three items last week, one was in stock, the other two sold out whilst I was on the phone so I had to opt for waitlist instead.

Upon unpacking the one order yesterday I thought I'd look up the other two again and noticed that both of the other iems were now showing as back in stock, yet both my orders still said "awaiting stock". Had to go out at the time to the doctors so thought I'd ring when I got home about it, but when I got home one of them is now out of stock again. Part of me feels like testing QVC to see if they send me the other, but a bigger part of me is thinking that I risk losing that again too. When I phoned CS they just told me yet again that the instock quantity was sold to new orders placed yesterday. Ooooh they drive me mad, us waitlist customers mean diddly squat to QVC, what is the point of the system when they never allocate replacement stock across. As long as the stock goes they don't seem to have any morals as to who gets it.

Boo to QVC and bigger boo to waitlist !!!!!!!!!!

i agree. it seems obvious to me new stock should fill waitlist orders first.

what about the 2nd item? can you cancel waitlist and reorder?

They were all on EP as they were from the 29th Feb event (where every item on air was 4 x EP), so cause now they aren't, typical!! Gotta be honest this was why I wanted them, so if I reordered now they'd be full price and then I would have to think twice if I really wanted them.

Perhaps that's why QVC mess up waitlist orders, they do it on purpose for our own benefit, like a savings scheme LOL LOL

It doesnt sound like it was new stock, there was probably only one that someone had cancelled.

I think QVC only check waitlist orders when they receive new stock under that item number

It doesnt sound like it was new stock, there was probably only one that someone had cancelled.

I think QVC only check waitlist orders when they receive new stock under that item number

I think you may well be right, also I've been told waitlist orders are only placed and fulfilled at midnight.
Loads of times items can appear back in stock but it's only that a cancelled order/return has been added to the stock level.
If left till QVC decide the waitlist is to be applied, beforehand chances are that someone puts it in their basket or rings CS to cancel their waitlist/advance order, to grab the remaining items.
Also loads of times when there's a panic to grab something on air that then shows waitlist/advanced order I would never rush to do likewise.
I try to hang fire and keep checking the website or Q cut to check on stock level.
Which is more than likely why those who have gone down that route miss fulfilling their orders right away.

I was definitely told that only a percentage of stock is allocated to waitlist. I had assumed waitlist meant you got first dibs on any stock that came in but it's not the case. I didn't query the percentages but CS definitely said that some goes to waitlisters and some back into stock.

I haven't ever got anything I've ordered on wait list.

CS just said that an item can sell out upon airing and then if in an hour or so somebody changes their mind and calls to cancel that one will go back into ordinary stock, so it goes back on the system as being in stock again for "anybody" to come along and order. Nobody from waitlist will be offered it as the system will not update and realise. So unless 100s/1000s come into stock nobody on waitlist really has much chance of any little stocks being allocated across to them. She told me that everybody needs to constantly check online and if whatever it is there in stock again put it by on cheque hold and then phone them and they will sort it out - she said that is what they are there for!!! She said always do this rather than lose orders relying on waitlist. Makes a mockery of the whole w/l system really.

I said I don't think I've ever had one waitlist order fulfilled and she just said, hmmmn! says it all.

So everybody check on line for whatever you want.

If I'm interested in buying something, I put it into my basket ASAP then do on-line price checking etc for the 1/2 hour it stays there.

Then I may cancel it from my basket, or leave it over 1/2 hour and it goes anyway.

I've also bought things that had sold out, then they reappeared after 1/2 hour, so obviously other people were doing the same thing.

Latest posts

Back