Brazilian Lime emerald????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

sweetpea

Registered Shopper
Has anyone seen the trailers on GTV for their Brazilian 'Lime' Emerald?

Now,maybe it is just me,but is this not just poor quality emerald given a fancy GemsTV name??:33:

Now,maybe it is just me,but is this not just poor quality emerald given a fancy GemsTV name??:33:

You've been reading my thoughts Sweepie, emerald formed with (what looks like) a large quantity of lime? Manky!

Sweetpea and Argey.... I think you have both hit this particular nail right on the head!
I suppose we ought to have a sneaking admiration for the sheer brass neck shown by this sort of marketing but I worry about those who fall for the hype. :31:

edit : sorry, Klos, didn't mean to ignore you; you were posting at the same time.... I guess we have all seen through this ploy!

I saw the jewellery in the trailer before I saw what it was, and thought it was chrysoprase.

:rofl: Must admit my first thought was YUK, it looks like very poor quality emerald. Seems we're all of the same opinion!!

:doggie:

In one!

I'm sure somebody will be along in a mo to tell us how this is rare, only mined for 5 minutes etc etc etc etc

I agree with all of the above sentiments. When I saw the hyphed up trailers, what actually came to mind was Purest Green". Talking of trailers, this looks like a magnet stone perfect for the more sophisticated among trailer trash! Who do gems think they are fooling with this rubbish? Rant over :)

Do you know. I actually don't mind poor quality emerald in the right context

Those large chunky Indian rings with irregularly facted stones hand set in silver are quite attractive in their own right (and the only way most of us will be able to own HUGE emeralds) - but they have to be seen for what they are, cheap and cheerful and inexpensive.

What I really object to is the marketing hype that seems to have come into play here. I hate the idea that giving any stone a prefix (and Brazilian Lime has to be the worst example yet) somehow makes it special or increases its value in any way. It doesn't.

Good post, Jantaculum.

Ballerina - I saw clips from Blackadder last night and 'purest green' was one of them :D

Latest posts

Back