Ultrasun instructions 'reapply frequently to maintain protection' what!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

is it the once a day formula; Ultrasun do the usual kind of suncream too?

Jude x

Curiouser and curiouser.....

I just bought factor 50 from john lewis and they say on qvc you do not need to reapply. Not sure why this has happened

Hi :hi: LL16,

That is strange as the US lady clearly stated several times and on several occasions - once a day application! I have bought some 20,28 and face 30 for our upcoming holiday on that basis..... Anyone have any ideas about this?
:thinking2::thinking2::thinking2:

i recently bought the spf 20 & 30 for the body and 30 for the face. instructions say nothing of the sort. maybe it has smth to do with the factor 50 and particular issues with skin sensitivity?

Hi :hi: LL16,

That is strange as the US lady clearly stated several times and on several occasions - once a day application! I have bought some 20,28 and face 30 for our upcoming holiday on that basis..... Anyone have any ideas about this?
:thinking2::thinking2::thinking2:

I live in Greece and I find Ultrasun has to be reapplied as it sweats off. The only 'once-a-day' formula that really works, in my experience, is Parasol. Believe me, I'm red-headed and fair-skinned and I've tried them all!

Oh! I stupidly got 30! What a loser i am. That should be ok i thought!

happens to us all

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/824/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/824/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

I think you need the Ultrasun SPF 20 Sport if you want to apply only once a day. We've just got back from holiday and all used the Riemann P20. Worked a treat and nobody got burnt, but it does stain white clothes a bit and the lady said that the Ultrasun doesn't and gives better UVA protection, so sounds a lot better to me.

Think it varies from one product to another - any clues on their website?

Is it worth contacting their customer services via e-mail for clarification?

There was a repeat show on early this morning and the guest was defo banging on about it being a once a day application. I saw the factor 20 and the factor 50 being demonstrated.

Having said that just checked the QVC website and with the factor 20 they say repeat applications for warmer climates.

I think you need the Ultrasun SPF 20 Sport if you want to apply only once a day. We've just got back from holiday and all used the Riemann P20. Worked a treat and nobody got burnt, but it does stain white clothes a bit and the lady said that the Ultrasun doesn't and gives better UVA protection, so sounds a lot better to me.

I used to use that before I discovered Parasol which bonds to your skin, just the same, but doesn't mark clothing or put indelible marks on plastic. P20's protection was great but ruined loads of my clothes because I have to use it every day for months....

Yea its meant to be sweat and swim proof. I dont get it. Qvc just lying again? Not impressed. If thats not misleading the public i dont know what is

well i've used this product now for over 5 years in cyprus with temps 40plus and only applied it once aday with no problems i am dark haired but have skin that burns easily, and also used to suffer dreadfully with prickly heat but have never had the problem since discovering ultrasun, and ive used it prior to qvc "discovering it" personally i cant recomend it highly enough

http://www.ultrasun.co.uk/products.html

Not all of their products are "once a day" - the rest are "high protection" (or similar). I've made this mistake myself and picked up the wrong bottle from the shop shelf. It's still good stuff tho.

I've used P20 and Parasol and imvho I think the Parasol is the best of the three.

jude x

P20 dried my skin out

I used to use that before I discovered Parasol which bonds to your skin, just the same, but doesn't mark clothing or put indelible marks on plastic. P20's protection was great but ruined loads of my clothes because I have to use it every day for months....

Hi :wave2:,
I have used P20 before and it works very well, but after a few days, my skin becomes dry and itchy, so I can't use it every day on holiday. I also had the staining cotton clothing problem.

I will try my Ultrasun on holiday at the end of the month and report on the forum when I get back. I avoid spending a long time in full sun in the middle of the day anyway - I am usually the one under a sunshade reading a book...
with a long cool drink at my side!

:cool2::cool2::cool2:

I've used the SPF30 anti-aging version for ages. However, the new packaging makes no reference to 'once a day' applications and the instruction leaflet does say re-apply often etc. The consistency seems lighter too !! :confused:

Hi :wave2:,
I have used P20 before and it works very well, but after a few days, my skin becomes dry and itchy, so I can't use it every day on holiday. I also had the staining cotton clothing problem.

I will try my Ultrasun on holiday at the end of the month and report on the forum when I get back. I avoid spending a long time in full sun in the middle of the day anyway - I am usually the one under a sunshade reading a book...
with a long cool drink at my side!

:cool2::cool2::cool2:

It obviously depends on skin type etc. I gave Ultrasun another try a month ago, but it just kinda slid off my skin after a couple of hours and I slightly burned. I never go out between 11-3 if I can help it, but I have to go into Athens once a week and am unavoidably in the city centre, standing on the bus stop around mid day. Parasol has never let me down and I'm very fair skinned.

yes, you do need to re-apply: I used this for my family holiday to Greece last year....I was applying once a day as I thought that's all that was needed...but after a couple of days I started to doubt its effectiveness,

I re-read the leaflet which explained (although not very clearly at all) that depending on various factors,

(eg: your skin type/hair colouring, the country you are using it in, and whether your skin is used to the sun)

you are given a "sun account" of a certain number of hours ....after this time you do need to re-apply...

I used it again this year when we went to Cyprus for a week...and I did need to reapply every few hours....1 bottle wasn't enough for the family (there are 4 of us)...

I think it is a bit misleading and the leaflet isn't very clear...

Thanks for the info on Parasol everyone!! I hadn't heard of this but I do get terrible prickly heat if I use P20 or Bergaderm (which has now gone back to being called Proderm again!), so I'm definitely going to try Parasol for my next holiday.

Latest posts

Back