Order delivered...........BUT.......!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

the-valleygirl

Registered Shopper
I hope no one minds my venting things here.....I need to email Rocks about it, but just wanted to get rid of excess anger and calm down before I do ....

Not long got in from work and I was surprised to see a delivery from Rocks. Why surprised?? As I do spend a lot there..........surprised because its been delivered to the wrong address! I checked the address on the print out, it was my home address, but hot the address I wanted it to go to. I double checked my confirmation email, to make sure the address I entered was the one I wanted it to go to, it was correct. So somehow Rocks have sent to wrong address. :mysmilie_34:

Well, they have been under stress, and mistakes do happen, even though I am not happy about it. So I opened up the parcel, looked at a few items..........then, my gem collector boxes, with my loose gems I'd bought. Now I had bought quite a few. Opened up first box to find it was cruched and broken. Now i know that they are free, but I had hoped they would be in tact. And then I couldnt believe what I saw. 5 of the little gem boxes were open and the gems loose........:mysmilie_81:

I just looked for a moment, then thought I'd better make sure they were all there. Well they were all acounted for, but one was fluorite and I am not sure it hasnt been damaged, i'll look carefully after with a loupe (or whatever they are called). The second empty gem collector box again was broken and will not close properly.

Plus a few other items I bought have to go back, so all in all a very dissapointing delivery.

I know its been a tough time, starting on Sky, but I would have hoped for better. Delivered to wrong address, crushed gem collector boxes and loose stones!! :mysmilie_73:

What a disapointment VG I hope you get it sorted out very soon, Good idea to vent here first and then contact Rocks !

Such a shame. If this type of thing is happening to first timers, they won't be coming back. xxxx

they may be changin to sky etc but ultimately they are a business and you should recieve your items in much better condition than you did valleygirl

such a shame Valleygirl, however this is not a new problem. I received my first loose gemstones last autumn and both of the clear boxes were cracked and broken. I contacted the customer services and they sent out new ones for me. Think they need to rethink how the boxes are packaged. Hope you get it sorted :)

Lucky you getting any gem collector boxes at all - I keep asking as I have about 20 loose gems now from Rocks.

I was promised 2 gem collector boxes in this order, but for some reason got 2 copies of "The lure".

There clearly are troubles in "despatch" but all credit to Jon in the help team who has really gone above and beyond in trying to get my current order to me!

such a shame Valleygirl, however this is not a new problem. I received my first loose gemstones last autumn and both of the clear boxes were cracked and broken. I contacted the customer services and they sent out new ones for me. Think they need to rethink how the boxes are packaged. Hope you get it sorted :)

I never had problems with the packaging before, but then there is always going to be the odd problem I suppose

Lucky you getting any gem collector boxes at all - I keep asking as I have about 20 loose gems now from Rocks.

I was promised 2 gem collector boxes in this order, but for some reason got 2 copies of "The lure".

There clearly are troubles in "despatch" but all credit to Jon in the help team who has really gone above and beyond in trying to get my current order to me!

Sorry to hear that Anjo, yes indeed I am lucky then to get a box at all lol

Right, I am even madder now.........good job I havent emailed help yet!!!

I have just inspected the loose gems that were loose in the box, I am not sure if the fluorite is damaged or not, but the Blue Angelite, which I looked up in the book at only having a hardness of 3.5, is all scuffed around the ends at bottom of the cut, can be seen clearly with naked eye, never mind using the loupe!!!

Hi Valleygirl

So sorry that you have experienced problems, I have spoken to our brother-in-law Shane who runs the warehouse and he is really upset that you have received the items in this condition. He has assured me that they would not have left our warehouse like this and that this may be a courier problem. I am going to get Barry who is Steve's P.A to contact (we are out of the country at the minute) so we can hopefully rectify the problems you have had.

With the new system we have had the odd problems where items haven't been delivered to the correct addresses but we are rectifying these so any future orders will be correct.

Again, so sorry,we always hate to think that we have caused anyone any disappointment. If there is anything else we can do please contact Steve by email [email protected]

What a shame valleygirl ... hope your fluorite hasn't been damaged and you get some replacement gem pots.

There seems to be more than a few gremlins in the works at the moment.

My order arrived today and there still mustn't be any bangle boxes in the warehouse. My first bangle arrived in bubble wrap and the one today came in a necklace box. If they were for me it wouldn't matter but they are birthday presents.

I'm also confused about how the "price pledge" system works. I've claimed twice and assumed the credits would show on today's invoice .... but they didn't. I also read in Chat today that refunds are taking up to 3 weeks. :mysmilie_81:

Sometimes bigger isn't always better.

Just read about Blue Angelite ... not good at all.

and ... sorry if I've hi-jacked your thread.
sorry.gif

Hi Valleygirl

So sorry that you have experienced problems, I have spoken to our brother-in-law Shane who runs the warehouse and he is really upset that you have received the items in this condition. He has assured me that they would not have left our warehouse like this and that this may be a courier problem. I am going to get Barry who is Steve's P.A to contact (we are out of the country at the minute) so we can hopefully rectify the problems you have had.

With the new system we have had the odd problems where items haven't been delivered to the correct addresses but we are rectifying these so any future orders will be correct.

Again, so sorry,we always hate to think that we have caused anyone any disappointment. If there is anything else we can do please contact Steve by email [email protected]

Thanks for replying and getting someone on the case Sarah. I know its been a tough few weeks, just very disappointing for me. I know it can all be sorted out.

What a shame valleygirl ... hope your fluorite hasn't been damaged and you get some replacement gem pots.

There seems to be more than a few gremlins in the works at the moment.

My order arrived today and there still mustn't be any bangle boxes in the warehouse. My first bangle arrived in bubble wrap and the one today came in a necklace box. If they were for me it wouldn't matter but they are birthday presents.

I'm also confused about how the "price pledge" system works. I've claimed twice and assumed the credits would show on today's invoice .... but they didn't. I also read in Chat today that refunds are taking up to 3 weeks. :mysmilie_81:

Sometimes bigger isn't always better.

Just read about Blue Angelite ... not good at all.

and ... sorry if I've hi-jacked your thread.
sorry.gif

Hi-jack away!! I had a bangle in a necklace box today too, but it has to go back, cant get it on hand!! Well I can get it on left hand just not right hand. I guess i have a large right hand!!! :mysmilie_17: I guess i need those 2.75 inch bangles....i hear about them, but never see them auctioned.

I havent used the price pledge yet, it was my understanding that its all just put on a spreadsheet at the moment, until they can integrate into the system.

Anyway, lets hope the problems get sorted!!

oooooooo, I've clamed down loads now lol thought i'd let you all know.........will this incident stop me from shopping with Rocks? .......:mysmilie_701:...........as if!!! :mysmilie_697:

Thanks for replying and getting someone on the case Sarah. I know its been a tough few weeks, just very disappointing for me. I know it can all be sorted out.

Hi-jack away!! I had a bangle in a necklace box today too, but it has to go back, cant get it on hand!! Well I can get it on left hand just not right hand. I guess i have a large right hand!!! :mysmilie_17: I guess i need those 2.75 inch bangles....i hear about them, but never see them auctioned.

I havent used the price pledge yet, it was my understanding that its all just put on a spreadsheet at the moment, until they can integrate into the system.

Anyway, lets hope the problems get sorted!!

If you manage to bag one, I guess you'd better be on the lookout for a crate. :mysmilie_61: xxx

What worries me is the items send to a different address then asked! I can understand breakage in transit but not the change in address.

Hope all is sorted out soon VG and fluff.

Update.......

Well I emailed help last night about this.........

Funnily enough, as I was on my break at work my hope rang. It was Adrienne from Rocks. She was extremely pleasant and helpful. Very sorry about all that had happened she said it would not have left warehouse like that and it must have been the courier. She said she would arrange 2 replacement gemcollector boxes and the stones that were damaged, she would see if they were in stock and email me to let me know. So she has emailed me and they do have replacements so if I send them back I can get a replacement. So I am more than happy with that. When things go wrong, all their CS team are very helpful, unlike other places!

Then, as I was having a drink (a soft one in a cafe!) after work I received another phone call, this time from Steve's PA, Barry. Again an extremely pleasant chap. He explained all about the items being sent to the wrong address, and he said the problem should now be sorted. Also he explained how the chaps in the warehouse are going to be packaging loose gem stones in a different way now, to avoid what had happened to me and apparently to another woman last week.

I was disappointed yesterday, but I always knew it would get sorted because I know how good Steve and all at Rocks are. SO thanks to Steve, Sarah, Barry and Adrienne for all their help in this matter.

I also received another Rocks parcel today (oops I am spending too much, but they are such good deals!!) and I had some wonderful items that I am very pleased with. I'll take some pics and show you on here, as its been a while since I have done that lol :mysmilie_696:

Fantastic news that your gems are going to be replaced. I am astonished that Sarah took time to reply on the forum whilst away on holiday - what service. Then to act on her promise and get Barry to call you is fantastic. Yay for Rocks (I would post a pic of a cheerleader but don't know how!)

So glad to hear all your problems have been resolved valley-girl, as usual, Rocks CS go the extra mile. :mysmilie_82:

I noticed you'd heard via chat that refunds are taking up to three weeks but I've just had a refund for items returned to Rocks last Wednesday, 27th Jan, by second class post.

I noticed you'd heard via chat that refunds are taking up to three weeks but I've just had a refund for items returned to Rocks last Wednesday, 27th Jan, by second class post.

They obviously don't do them in any order then, items returned Mon. 25th by Special (next day) Delivery - not even email to say they've got them back, never mind refund issued! :(

I suspect they are not able to confirm what they have back - I emailed asking for confirmation that they have my returns and got a standard paragraph saying that I could receive payment in due course.

Personally from what I see in chat I wonder if more established customers are being expected to extend their good will again (and again and again) and newer telephone customers are being prioritised over web customers (maybe to get us to move to the telephone). This latest fiasco over non delivery of orders (because of a gateway problem) means that I will be unlikely to spend anything like as much until I stop being asked to be patient, bear with them, everything will get sorted and so on. While I agree that generally "it" does get sorted but only after frequent emails and some-one on the help team (usually Jon :mysmilie_687: ) having to go the extra mile to get "it" sorted.

Before all this I could look at an up to date online catalogue, request an item to be auctioned and get it delivered - reasonably reliably, know that my returns were received and be told when the refund had been actioned. Now I get none of these facilities. What's improved 6 weeks in - not much as far as I can see.

Apologies for being a paying customer that expects a reliable service and who at the moment is rather underwhelmed with the "new" rocks service

Latest posts

Back