Its gone!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

gemcherub

Registered Shopper
Its getting ridiculous how many items that are shown as show stoppers are being sold off air, 3 times this week i have emailed the studio to show an item, they have shown it on air and said o'h sorry this has been sold through the shopper.
I know it first come first served etc but in the past the shopper could not sell items that had been scheduled to go on air in the next 24 hours, a couple of items in Vicki's platinum hour were shown as show stoppers but never brought to air and people text in for them only to be told they were sold!

I suppose they could be working on the principal that if someone wants it that badly, they've got a definite sale, whereas putting it on screen for a few minutes doesn't guarantee a sale and costs them money.

Yes your right it does make good buisness sence but so annoying when your looking out for an item and they show it but its been sold lol

I know Cherub, I hate it when they say something's coming up shortly, and you have to go out, then miss it because they didn't get round to it.

Hi all
This is very annoying however the upside is means that if you are doing something and miss an auction you can ring up and press 2 and buy the item if it's still available.

I think that TJC should flag up immediatley that an item has been sold so that the presenter does not have to say "sorry, just informed this item is sold". or the studio staff should remove the item from the turntable or stand.

I think that a lot of viewers (me included) need more time that maybe the 1 or 2 mins to work out....I like it...... it's a good price?..... can I afford it?..... where is my credit card.......I should I buy or not..........slapped your wrists (don't buy this, you are being reckless) and/or pray or cuss, if someone jumps in and buy it from under your nose.

Very stressful when you are supposed be working and not looking at the TV.

Sapphireblue

How does that work then? How do people know the codes and what prices things would have sold for?????????

Who know the only thing i can think of is people ring the personal shopper and say for example the Rhapsody emerald in Johns 1 o'clock hour and they check the schedule and email the picture and if its the correct item confirm the sale.
But as i said at one time the shopper was unable to sell an item that was scheduled in the next 24 hours.
Its a mystery!

That's what I thought Cherub! They must have changed their policy. I guess it makes sense if they can sell something to do so but it does make you think that perhaps you should get on the phone to the PS rather than trust to luck that it makes it to air!

But it happens in the evenings as well when the PS and CS are closed so they have obviously been sold during the day, so surely they should be removed from the evenings listings!

Its getting ridiculous how many items that are shown as show stoppers are being sold off air,

I know it first come first served etc but in the past the shopper could not sell items that had been scheduled to go on air in the next 24 hours,
This is really getting to ridiculous proportions now and is pi$$ing me right off!! Again tonight Ian said he was going to bring back a show stopper and literally 5 mins after that he went to start the auction and it had ****** gone via shopper.
icon8.gif
icon8.gif
icon8.gif
If they are requesting texts and then state they will run the auction then imo they should honour that request!!
icon8.gif
icon8.gif
icon8.gif

I've seen this happen but didn't really understand what was going on, pretty shoddy! Always makes the presenter look a plank too.

They realy need to address this, it happens at least once on everyones shift!
Surely there is a way they can remove an item from the schedule once its sold, if its to late to remove it then they shouldn't be aloud to sell it prior to its live on air slot!

Latest posts

Back