Double ggrrrr!!! Delivery service

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

genuineshopper

Registered Shopper
Why do I get multiple packages delivered all at once no matter when items are ordered and despite some being on "premium delivery"? Because the courier has sussed that I buy regularly and they hold over deliveries to save themselves money. I know TJC knows this happens and has spoken to the couriers, but gues what guys, it's time to do it again, in Surrey at least. Fulfillment is everything in business. I have to send some items back because they arrive too late for my purpose. At my expense too.

Another rant over.

I too live in Surrey and have a moan about delivery. Why does it take so long for items to arrive? It took 4 days before it was even dispatched!! I have only purchased 2 items from this channel so far and have had a long wait for both.This channel is based in Hampton, about 10 miles from me, and yet I have to wait FOREVER to receive my jewellery. Speed it up please.

I know I've said this before, but I'm going to say it again and again in the hope that one day TJC will listen!

I HATE the fact that the delivery service TJC uses WILL NOT deliver to a neighbour if you happen to be out when they call. OK, so some people have dodgy neighbours, but why can't they give you the option when you place your order, like most companies do, as to whether or not the package can be left with a neighbour? It drives me NUTS!

I believe TJC are reviewing their delivery service. My gripe is the cost - I strongly object to paying a delivery charge for each item when they all arrive in the same bag! I now only buy when they have their £2.95 all day events. Mind you, if they can do it for £2.95 then why charge £5.95 for the first item then a sliding scale for each subsequent item? Even if it was £5.95 per day that would make a big difference to many and would almost certainly encourage multiple purchases.

I tried to arrange with the couriers despatch centre that if I wasn't in that they could leave it with a neighbour but they wouldn't do it because even though I'm paying for the P&P I'm not the customer TJC is!
Personally I cannot speak highly enough of the guy that does my deliveries, I do realise from previous thread on this subject I am extremely lucky, its normally the same man who I'm on first name terms with! We've come to our own unofficial arrangement and if my car is not in the drive he doesn't even stop he automatically delivers it to my friend (you know who you are and thank you without you it wouldn't work) and he's even passed the instruction on to his relief driver for when he's on holiday, so in the event I'm no in I still get my parcels which saves a lot of time and effort on my part. So my suggestion is if you've got a willing friend or neighbour you could try and come to the the same sort arrangement with your courier

Good for you, Diamond; but I'm not sure it would work with my courier! Once I was out at the front of my house (putting rubbish in a skip) when he arrived, and he apologised that could not give me my package unless I actually opened my front door from inside the house! So I had to go back into the house via the back door, and open the front door in order to receive my package... Come to think of it, I think he was a temporary person who didn't recognise me, but it doesn't bode well, does it?

Good for you, Diamond; but I'm not sure it would work with my courier! Once I was out at the front of my house (putting rubbish in a skip) when he arrived, and he apologised that could not give me my package unless I actually opened my front door from inside the house! So I had to go back into the house via the back door, and open the front door in order to receive my package... Come to think of it, I think he was a temporary person who didn't recognise me, but it doesn't bode well, does it?

How ridiculous is that?! I wonder if they've had problems with people saying they never received items when they were left with a neighbour or similar? Surely if they have a signature and they note the address it was left at then that would be proof enough that an item was delivered?

:mysmilie_348:How ridiculous, I appreciate they have to be careful with valuable packages but that's just silly, gosh I really am lucky with mine. On the rare occasion my friends been unavailable I've arranged for it to be delivered to work, not knowing your circumstances could that be an option for you?

Unfortunately, I work from home, and I do pop in and out. And of course I never know when my neigbours will be out, so I can't just put their address on the order. Although my courier's insistance that I open my front door sounds like overkill, he must have been following orders!

My only solution at present is to arrange redelivery on a date when I don't have any appointments and am able to say in all day - which often means quite a long delay before I receive them.

I believe TJC are reviewing their delivery service. My gripe is the cost - I strongly object to paying a delivery charge for each item when they all arrive in the same bag! I now only buy when they have their £2.95 all day events. Mind you, if they can do it for £2.95 then why charge £5.95 for the first item then a sliding scale for each subsequent item? Even if it was £5.95 per day that would make a big difference to many and would almost certainly encourage multiple purchases.

I agree with you i will only order when itis the same p&p allday dont mind the 5.95 prefer 2.95 obviously but wont pay per item they must lose custom this way cause even if you order 2 of the same item they charge you twice NoNoNO

Latest posts

Back