Website working or porkies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

argeybargey

Retired - Don't Quite Fit
Nick said about half an hour ago that "you are also buying on the website", was this just a habit-porkie, or is there actually some way to access the website. Anyone know please? xxxxx

I checked out gems website - and it says its being upgraded - dont think Nick meant to mislead anyone - they are probably so used to saying it, just like the phone call costs pennies per minute - probably said it without thinking, he is after all only human, and we have all dropped a clanger or two at one point in our own life time - lol

I hear what you're saying PG, but surely a porkie can't be excused simply because it's a habit. I would have thought he should only say this if his producer/director tells him that there are people ordering on the web, and this was clearly not the case. They should never have been stating "facts" that were in fact not so, be it before or after.

I also initially thought that he'd made this error in a robotic fashion, but when I reflected on that I realised that was no excuse, and in fact quite shocking. I wouldn't have picked it up if I weren't so keen to get the website back and can't help but wonder what else are they telling us purely by rote. Very tisk. xxxxxx

(Wonders off muttering to self). :confused:

I hear what you're saying PG, but surely a porkie can't be excused simply because it's a habit. I would have thought he should only say this if his producer/director tells him that there are people ordering on the web, and this was clearly not the case. They should never have been stating "facts" that were in fact not so, be it before or after.

I also initially thought that he'd made this error in a robotic fashion, but when I reflected on that I realised that was no excuse, and in fact quite shocking. I wouldn't have picked it up if I weren't so keen to get the website back and can't help but wonder what else are they telling us purely by rote. Very tisk. xxxxxx

(Wonders off muttering to self). :confused:

I do agree Argey, this probably was very misleading, but then Nick does tend to use oft repeated phrases........
"there are four of them up for grabs".....for example - which I personally find a bit demeaning for higher
end pieces of jewellery.

With apologies to folks who like him, I do think he doesn't have quite the varied dialogue and
presentational skills of his esteemed wife........imho!
:smirk:

Not a Nick phrase but the idiom "fill yer boots" gives me the heebie-jeebies. A certain newbie kept saying it and now Scottie seems to have picked it up. xxxxxx

Lets call it quids.........

Ummmm.......:happy:.......do you think we've seen the last of that particular 'newbie'......Mr 'I Know'?
xxxxx

Me waters say "yes" but they ain't always right. I'm afraid I hope so though. xxxxxxx

Sorry PG, but I completely agree with Argey on this one. You're being very charitable, but so much for 'We are so tightly regulated, everything we say must be true'! Comments like that should only be made when the producer tells them it's a fact. In this case it was clearly said to encourage other people to buy, so it sounds like an out and out lie to me and there is no excuse for it. Just proves to me that they'll say anything for a sale and that leaves a bit of a nasty taste in my mouth.
On a different note, I was so pleased when I heard that the Bennetts were buying out Gems, but now I'm not so sure. Gems seems to have turned into a complete clone of Rockstv, so what's the point? I think it would have been a perfect opportunity for Rocks to expand and branch out into their slightly more upmarket ranges. Then we would have had a clear-cut choice. Am disappointed so far, but early days I suppose. I was abroad over the weekend and so didn't see John's warning and have lost my basket, apparently the items from Gems are never to be retrieved - another reason for my disappointment.

Latest posts

Back