Cancellations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tilly O

Registered Shopper
I've been an IW customer for some time. Last night I ordered a very expensive necklace. Realising I couldn't really afford it I rang the call centre to cancel my order. I was told that there was a problem with 'the system', that they would send a message through (not sure where to), and that I should contact them again after 9 am this morning, which I duly did. I was told that my order couldn't be cancelled because it had gone through for processing. If this had been another channel where goods are delivered after a couple of days I might have bought it - in my experience IW deliveries are very slow so I'm sceptical as well as being very annoyed about this. I presume I will be charged the £8.99 delivery, even if my money is refunded and when will that be???. What happened to distance buyer's right to cancel? Anyone else experienced any problems?

you do still have the right to cancel your order and get your p and p back under the dsr. email them telling them you no longer want the item and that when they receive it back you want the item price and the p and p reimbursed. i think maybe what the person you spoke to meant was that they cant physically stop the order going out rather than you cant cancel the order.they have up to 30 days to refund money on items returned.
you could refuse delivery also when the item turns up.

We sent something back a couple of months ago costing £89.00. Posted the item on a Friday afternoon and it was on my credit card statement as refunded on the Tuesday. I, like you was expecting 4-5 week wait. Most surprised (well gobsmacked). Better than QVC have ever done.

...in my experience IW deliveries are very slow so I'm sceptical as well as being very annoyed about this. I presume I will be charged the £8.99 delivery, even if my money is refunded and when will that be???. What happened to distance buyer's right to cancel? Anyone else experienced any problems?

I stopped ordering things from Ideal World many years ago due to poor customer service and late deliveries.

However, recently I've given them another try and the items I've ordered have arrived pretty quickly. So things seem to have improved.

As beachc0mber said: if you cancel the order under distance selling regulations you are entitled to a refund of the postage. Normally you are responsible for paying for the return postage, however if you use Ideal World's free post address you won't even have to pay that. :happy:

Latest posts

Back