Scott Boresfold

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

G

Graham

Guest Shopper
Oh dear the bore is back and straight in with a 500 quantity auction, an under £15.00 promotion show yet the heartbeat keeps banging and it took till it was well under 100 quantity till it reached the final price .... Guess .... Yeah £14.99 Genuine Falling Price auction, Scott Worsfold is fast becoming one of the worst male Jewellery presenters across all channels. In my opinion of course ;)

I don't find Scott particularly boring, my main problem with him is that I perceive him to be completely untrustworthy, never a good thing for a salesman.
As to the heartbeat sound, on reflection I actually think it's despicable because it's clearly an attempt to influence viewers psychologically (working the same was as a subliminal message)by creating a tense atmosphere and thus creating a feeling of anxiety which may well lead to fear that you might be missing out on something special, which you'll live to regret, so you better get it now. I notice that TJC have started to use it too, boy times must be tough for them to copy Gems. I think it should be stopped as I think it's an underhand and odious sales method designed to get people to buy in a panic. Oh, but what do I know?

Is Scott one of the owners? He always seems to act like he's in charge of how much something should go for ect. I know Mr Bennett is an owner and Scott acts like him. So was just wondering:confused2:

Is Scott one of the owners? He always seems to act like he's in charge of how much something should go for ect. I know Mr Bennett is an owner and Scott acts like him. So was just wondering:confused2:

Nope!

I agree with Jacqualina. I used to like Scott but over the years I've seen him tell so many half truths/untruths that he has become very much like a dodgy used car salesman. On a number of occasions I've seen him respond on air to comments made on this forum (albeit obliquely) but he can't be bothered to respond here. Hiding behind the camera!

The day Scott sold Morganite as Pink Emeralds is the day he lost creditability with me. Saying that I am/was a fan of Steve Bennet but lately his patter of selling things at a loss and banging on about a genuine falling auction ....not! And the over acting getting really boring and dubious along with being told there a massive queue on the phone lines.
I am not brain of Britain but I find this sales technique of Scott's and Steve's patronising to my intelligence'

Pink Emeralds.......

The day Scott sold Morganite as Pink Emeralds is the day he lost creditability with me. Saying that I am/was a fan of Steve Bennet but lately his patter of selling things at a loss and banging on about a genuine falling auction ....not! And the over acting getting really boring and dubious along with being told there a massive queue on the phone lines.
I am not brain of Britain but I find this sales technique of Scott's and Steve's patronising to my intelligence'

If you google Pink Emeralds you will find websites referring to Morganite as Pink Emeralds............
this isn't a phrase made up by Scott. And Bixbite that was also marketed as 'Red Emerald'.......
all part of the different coloured Beryl family. Here are some examples for you...........

http://www.luxist.com/2007/01/12/what-is-a-pink-emerald/

http://awesomegems.net/morganite.html

http://www.redemerald.com/

Last edited:
Thanks Sacha ,

Appreciated and have done research on Morganite. Horrified that it CAN, like Kunzite fade into just a pale stone in exposure to sunlight and worse still Brownish Helidor can be heat treated and passed off as Morganite and I am in no way suggesting that Gems TV do but it was actually the term RARE Pink Emeralds with the implication that it was not just another member of the Beryl family but something quite spectacular.

After starting this thread and tweeting yesterday I got in my opinion a very nasty phone call from Steve Bennett, I will explain all in a thread later.

Well, just my opinion, but this thread is no worse than many others. You have as much right to express your views as anybody else Graham. In fact, it shows that you are not biased and allow criticism of those who may use your Site to promote their businesses. You shouldn't have to feel censored and you should feel free to write what you want.

If anything, it shows that GemsTV are getting even further removed from their customer base. I don't know of any of the other channels that contact you Graham to complain about threads regarding presenters. Certainly I don't believe TJC have ever done it and there have been some much more direct comments in that part of the forum in the past?

Last edited:
I did sleep on it and I am still as ****** furious now!!!

Sometimes Graham they are not even worth getting worked up about, just rise above it bud and carry on the great work you do, with your friends @ST.com. If you feel you are able to, I would be interested in what he said :)

Sometimes Graham they are not even worth getting worked up about, just rise above it bud and carry on the great work you do, with your friends @ST.com. If you feel you are able to, I would be interested in what he said :)

100% agree P.J. was shaking with anger yesterday, but I have always said I will be honest with the membership so I have now posted how I felt yesterday.

I hate the thought of you this upset Graham. I really hope this subsides x

Watching Scott today .... Telling the sound person to cut the music then the camera lady to make her shot quickly. Now as I type he is telling the producer what do to. He also said on one item I'M taking a tenner off and again he is asking for a fiver off.

Scott, you seem a nice chap but you are a PRESENTER not a director, not a producer and unlike Steve you are not the owner who can set the price. I wonder what your fellow team members really think of you? You do realise having the protection of your buddy Steve has stopped people saying what they really think?

PJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate the thought of you this upset Graham. I really hope this subsides x

Watching Scott today .... Telling the sound person to cut the music then the camera lady to make her shot quickly. Now as I type he is telling the producer what do to. He also said on one item I'M taking a tenner off and again he is asking for a fiver off.

Scott, you seem a nice chap but you are a PRESENTER not a director, not a producer and unlike Steve you are not the owner who can set the price. I wonder what your fellow team members really think of you? You do realise having the protection of your buddy Steve has stopped people saying what they really think?

PJ

And what's wrong with him lowering the prices so that items can sell more quickly? :happy: I just saw a couple of customers save an awful lot of money on a gorgeous Opal surrounded by VS diamonds! Scott may come on as a presenter but have added extra responsibilites off camera and has the authority to finalise prices. I do know that he and Fiona are in charge of organising and holding the CR experience each month. On the other hand some of the 'producers' are many years his junior and likely have much less experience.......nobody used to object to prices being lowered! :mysmilie_845:

Of course low prices are great but I am willing to bet most of the time the producer says in their ear I am taking x off and then Scott claims it for himself to make him seem on our side.

Of course low prices are great but I am willing to bet most of the time the producer says in their ear I am taking x off and then Scott claims it for himself to make him seem on our side.

It's all an illusion - and people fall for it! Presenters are sales people who have absolutely no control over price or anything else. Let's face it, why should they? They don't source or buy the gems/jewellery!

Latest posts

Back