Vote for Jamie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I feel bad for saying this, but I can't agree. I always found him irritating & immature ... sorry Graham!!!

I'm appalled that he has been allowed on this programme - he was billed as a "Landscape Gardener" and the programme is misleading in that it's supposed to find an unknown. How Jamie can be an unknown as he's signed to 3 model agencies, been a presenter and according to his website is an actor as well. It's disgraceful and a huge insult to viewers who are being conned. I also think his behaviour was just awful.

I've reported this programme to Ofcom.

Don't have Sky so know nothing about the programme.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Half the reason I don't read this forum any more I am often shocked at the personal attack on presenters, aggressive attacks to their appearances , etc etc and I often wonder if members think that these presenters may not just have feelings too. It's the company they represent that should be critised and debated about on this forum. None of us know the presenters personally and what one viewer thinks of a presenter another viewer will like or hate. The comments I read on here about Gems presenters are often low and down right nasty. As for Jamie , whether you liked him or not , he is on a show that isn't financed by licenses and if we want to start about lies in the media ? Where do we start? Weapons of mass destruction? If I were to be a presenter on Gems and were to read some of the PERSONAL critic on this forum, I would find a private spot and cry . They are only trying to reach their targets and if they lie about the jewellery (which they do ,often) it is the company they represent needs a blast . To be honest I can't loose sleep on their dress code, to me it is just fine.

Last edited:
I think it has often been said before on this forum that anybody who sits in front of a TV camera is setting themselves up for comment or review whether good or bad. Most of us do not know these people personally but that does not stop us having an opinion & forums should be a place where opinions can be discussed. I do not like to see scathing personal attacks when there is no justification, but honest critique can & should be taken on board both by the presenter & the company they represent. Going completely off the subjuect for a moment, I am a football fan & remember when Gary Lineker took over from Des Lynam on Match of the Day. He was heavily criticised on every level, mostly for his wooden performance but also for his appearance (his ears!). Maybe all the remarks hurt him, but he took them on board & learned from them. He never changed those ears but he is now well liked & completely respected in his field. Time & time again the same comments come about certain presenters ... dress code to some pople does matter as some people are offended when female presenters show too much cleavage, but this can easily be remedied & in the main I think it has. Shouting, gasping, & generally "over-acting" still goes on unfortunately, and with regard to telling lies, whether this is down to presenters or management, as a customer I find it unethical & completely unacceptable.

Last edited:
Hello filpside,

What was said on this thread that annoyed you so much? I can't see anything that would make anyone go into a corner and cry. To put yourself on TV you need a skin of leather. And if one is going to work for Jordan you need to be flame proof! lol. People in forums write very personal things about people they see on TV, some of which makes me cringe. With regard to the shopping TV the presenters and forum aggression towards them, they seem to bring out the worst in people. Why? Is it because of the hard sell? The patronising voice? The awful non stop verbal patter that everything is AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA+ even though it's set in silver or steel?! I'm sure there are a lot more reasons why people say aggressive things about those who sell on TV. When people are angry they say/write things that can be quite hurtful but also I've seen so many nice things said about presenters on this forum. About dress code; I also believe when people have legitimate concerns about how a woman is presented to sell stuff on TV they have a right to say so. Personally I stopped buying from Gems, TJC and Rocks because I could no longer look and listen to them. Also the quality of some of their jewellery was quite bad. I think we all could be a little nicer in forums and in our daily lives.

Latest posts

Back