QVC Overcharging - Trading Standards

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mrsmouse

Registered Shopper
I have just had a delivery notice for a ring I ordered on 11th September - I had actually forgotten about it it's so long ago! The price on the delivery note is £149, however on checking the website I see that the ring is now in "Last clicks" at £82. I have emailed asking that they refund the difference back onto my card.

Has this happened to anyone else and is this actually against trading standards laws?

It's not against the law but I understand how you feel when it happens, it's ****** annoying, I hope QVC sort you out.

Why don't you buy it at the last clicks price and return the full price one?

QVC are always changing the prices, you were unlucky but it's not unusual.
As MOMAD has said, just reurn it and buy the lower priced one. A faff but worth it.

I suppose they will try anything to make money :angry: I feel angry just reading it Mrsmouse. I was once charged £96 for a £60 handbag. It was a good thing I checked my invoice!!When I rang to complain, the CS woman apologised and said she did not understand how that could have happened, and I remember at that moment that she could have at least sound a bit more apologestic . Now I check them carefully. I sometimes wonder how many people do not check their invoices.

Do QVC not have the right to put items in last clicks and clearance. It's different if the price was the lower one at the time of ordering and then they put the price up and overcharged and I may be getting hold of the wrong end of the stick here but I thought the price had gone down nearly2 months after the OP had ordered.

If the item was £149 when MrsMouse placed her order, then how can she ask for the lower price now? Even if it took QVC 2 months to send it (which is worth a complant in itself), MrsMouse entered into a legal contract with QVC when she paid them £149 for that item.

By that logic anyone who buys an item at full price could contact QVC and ask for the difference back if it ever ends up in last clicks after they get it.

Is my understanding that QVC only ever keep guaranteed prices for advance orders.

If I buy something in say Argos for £X.00 and then it turns up in the half price sales some time later I don't think I could ask for the difference.

I have heard that QVC sometimes will refund the difference in these cases as a goodwill gesture but I don't think they are obliged to.

I wonder why the delivery notice has just arrived. Maybe the item was on waitlist.

Yes it was on waitlist. I haven't actually recieved it yet (I guess it will arrive on Monday) ... I've just been told it's been sent out to me. I understand that prices go down after a while and that last clicks prices are lower .... and I wouldn't have a problem if I'd had the opportunity to wear it for the last two months.

However, it doesn't seem fair that I pay £149 for it when someone else could order it and recieve it on the same day and pay £82 for it ... does it??

Amazon always say that if you pre-order anything and that the price goes down prior to dispatch you pay the lower price. That appears much fairer.

As someone said, I can always send it back - not sure that I "need" to have it as much as I thought I did in September!

Last edited:
Ring them. Ask for a refund of the difference or you'll return the higher priced one and order the lower priced one. Remind them that by doing this THEY will incurr the expense of handling he return. Be nice. Its their loss. I doubt it will work but at least youve tried. And I wouldn't wait for the item to arrive before you call as the last clicks one may sell out!

mrsmouse - do they have your size currently? last clicks is often a few of the least popular sizes/colours. if they do i'd ring cs, ask to speak to a supervisor and say you'd like to reorder and will be returning the original and would they like to just refund you the difference instead. if not, at least it won't cost much to return. i had a similar thing many years ago with a coat and they wouldn't budge.

mrsmouse - do they have your size currently? last clicks is often a few of the least popular sizes/colours. if they do i'd ring cs, ask to speak to a supervisor and say you'd like to reorder and will be returning the original and would they like to just refund you the difference instead. if not, at least it won't cost much to return. i had a similar thing many years ago with a coat and they wouldn't budge.

Thanks and no they don't have my size. I have emailed them but I am not really expecting them to do anything about it. As I say I will probably send it back .... I've lived without it for the last two months and had actually forgotten I had ordered it!

that does make it more bearable then - if i see something in the sales that i've purchased at full price, i can live with it if they don't have my size (and yes i have to look) ;)

Just send it back and order the cheaper one. A no-brainer really. Quids in! :cash:

That last post definitely makes it clearer Mrsmouse. I would most definitely be annoyed if I had waited that long and now the price is reduced by that much! Put one on cheque hold just in case you don't get anywhere, then send one back and get it cheaper. But TELL THEM what you are doing and why before you post it back and I bet they agree to refund it. But get the item on chq hold first-puts you in a postion of strength

The 30 day MBG begins from the day you receive the item. Also, on the invoice you receive with the item, the last return date will be printed above the returns label. You should have no problem returniing it if you have just received it.
It is annoying when that happens. I would return it on principle.

Legally you are not entitled to the difference back, however i would ring CS and calmly and politely explain that its now reduced and you have waited 2 months and its still not arrived and ask if you can have the price matched

I thought that QVC's terms and conditions state that there is a contract when the goods are despatched so it would seem reasonable to expect to pay the price in force at the time the contract is formed. I don't think you could enforce this though as it could be interpreted that you offered to buy at the original price and they accepted your offer.

Are you on Facebook? QVC generally reply if you post on their page though it's probably better to post in office hours.

Latest posts

Back