Refund or replacement delay when item hasn't even be shipped!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lisa80

Registered Shopper
Hi everyone, I'm a new poster but a long time viewer :giggle:

Basically, I ordered 5 Decleor TSV's (it is the season of gifting:giggle:) which should of been shipped by DX.

A week later the tracking information that QVC sent is still showing an error messsge and the TSV's haven't shown up. I phoned QVC and was told that it's DX's mistake, there is no record of the item being dispatched and that the TSV's are probably not going to show up.

QVC will send me the non-receipt letter. So I now have to wait 3-5 days for the letter, pay for the stamp to send it back, and then wait upto 14 days for a refund.

Surely a company cannot hold onto my money for almost a month when they are aware that the items haven't been dispatched?

I know that QVC act as a law unto themselves but any advice would be great ...

Thanks xx :flower:

Hi Lisa, and welcome. I feel an email to the chief exec coming on ;)

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

Hello Lisa80, welcome from me (a relative newbie) :hi:
It seems totally unreasonable to have to wait for the form since they know the items weren't even dispatched.
I would call them back and politely but firmly tell them it isn't acceptable and see if that makes a difference to them processing your refund. I had to employ this tactic once when they sent me out the wrong size Trespass jacket I had ordered for my daughter. When I called to tell them of their error, they were wanting to wait for me to return the one I had before sending the correct size. I pointed out that wasn't going to work for me as it was their mistake. They eventually conceded and sent me out the jacket without waiting.
Hope you get the result you are looking for :)

Hi, I'm not sure they're supposed to take your money until the products are dispatched. That's what companies like Amazon do because that's the point that there's a legal agreement between you for the provision of goods or services. So basically if they've taken your money, haven't dispatched anything and won't give it back right away - there's a case where you could cry 'fraud'.

Hi Lisa 80, I agree it's outrageous of them to expect you to wait. We're not exactly talking about a small amount of money. The cheeky weasels!
I had a similar situation to Tangerine when an incorrrect item was sent to me. They did finally agree to send me my replacement item before the wrong one was received back at the warehouse but only when I insisted ... I think they just try it on.
Boxing gloves on I think ... good luck ... and welcome :wave:

Hi lisa. I had an item that never arrived and the normal process is that you complete the letter and return it, then wait for about 10 days for a refund whilst qvc make investigations so they say. I think in my case that the item never arrived because it didn't exist ie a stock problem

Shopping with QVC can sometimes be a real ordeal. Bad customer relations and no consideration for peoples' finances. I have had these problems in the past, but never with any other company.

I think you should definitely go back to them. I've always understood that the money was taken when the item was dispatched. In this case they're saying that the items never were dispatched so in theory they should never have taken your money. Also the claim letter is basically you putting in writing that you did not receive the goods. But if they were never dispatched how the hell could you have received them.

It would be worth clarifying with them why you need to go through this procedure given the circumstances. And also to see how the refund can be speeded up.

Yes, the presenters are always going on about how your money is not taken until the item is despatched from their warehouse.

I am wondering how many others this has happened to???????? Where QVC overselling the stock again(it has happened before, seen complaints on their Facebook page a few times), I believe this is illegal????? They also said on air many times they cannot sell something they don't actually have. Apart from advanced orders.

thats taking liberties just because they have access to your bank account does not mean they can dip in and take your money without sending out the goods. i dont understand why they want you to go through a lost parcel process when they admit it was never despatched. stand your ground and insist on an immediate refund. it could take 3 weeks to get that money back using this process. thats totally unfair and i suspect illegal!

You might like to refer them to the DSR - distance selling regulations - they are NOT entitled to keep your money if they have failed to supply the goods; they are OBLIGED to return all monies to you immediately. They have now committed an offense under the regulations and Trading standards can fine them.

It's true, they always say on air that money will not be taken till the order is despatched. They make a real point of it, especially when things are on wait list, advanced orders or auto delivery.
So they have taken money they are not entitled to for goods not sent.......theft!
They haven't a leg to stand on.
Ring them back & threaten to contact Trading Standards, it's just not good enough & I should think illegal.

I was pleasantly surprised to get an email reply re an item which hasn't tracked on Hermes' website beyond "order generated". Q said the item hadn't been despatched but they'd sent a replacement, and this is showing (Hermes tracking again) as on it's way! All fine I thought! Then yesterday I got the standard "I agree to help with the investigation of the missing item" letter! If they know it was never despatched why are the investigating Hermes' loss of the item? Maybe they're hoping to pin it on Hermes? To top it all, there's no reply envelope so I'm not rushing to return this letter. If they want "my assistance" they can blummin well send me a stamp!

Jude xx

Ah I remember 'order generated' was the status that my missing item remained on in the tracking system! Yes you have to complete the letter you get sent for a refund. However beware as 'order generated' generally goes to 'received at hub' (or similar wording) 'cause I panicked when my redcarpet had that status for a couple of days and it did arrive.

I've never once had anything that has had the option of tracking the order. I just have to sit, wait and hope but as I haven't ordered anything for a few weeks everything has been delivered. I nearly succumbed to the Clarisonic TSV but held my nerve.

I shall never get to track an order at this rate!

It is adding insult to injury when YOU have to supply the stamp to send back THEIR form. It is so arrogant of them not to provide an SAE when you've already paid for delivery of the item.

Last edited:
The tracking link is only given in the email saying the item is on its way (and only for DX or Hermes not Royal Mail) since they were planning the overhaul of the website why oh why didn't they put the tracking link alongside the order details in My Account's order list where it would be easier to find than trawling through my emails?

Jude xx

When there are forms to fill in I just sign it, scan it and email it back to customer services. I have even got them to email the form to me first and the turnaround is a couple of minutes, no stamp required.

Did you pay by CC? If so I would be involving them and I would also be contacting TS.

Latest posts

Back