expensive mistakes - a tip for you

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
A couple of times (ahem!) I have purchased from shopping channels and online in general expensive items that I've been extremely disappointed with. A few recent examples - A hand held steam cleaner that produced puffs of steam that wouldn't clean anything 'cause the pressure just wasn't there, you'd get the odd decent burst but the water tank was too small and would have needed refilling every five minutes, one of those battery operated foot files and a set of spare rollers - Completely useless (despite many rave reviews - how?) Bullet blender (cheaper imitation) really poor quality didn't do a satisfactory job at all.

In the past, I would have put these things down to experience and eventually bin them after letting them gather dust in the back of the cupboard for a year or so, this is because they weren't faulty, they were just cr*p products and sending them back under the heading "disappointing" would result in spending money that would probably be enough to buy you a decent meal out! If the item is heavy especially......If you change your mind about something, or tell the company that you weren't happy with it, you'll get your money back which is good, but this will be minus any postage and packaging you paid and bearing in mind that you'll also have carry the cost of its return which will probably be at a much higher rate than the company paid to get it sent to you!

I am a lot a better than I used to be, but I still allow myself to be talked into buying into cr*p I don't really need. Now though, I tick the box that says "faulty" thus giving you a full refund incl p&p and a prepaid returns label or free collection. I know this is naughty, but I do sometimes wonder whether the item they use for demo purposes is a "souped up" version!

Really gotta stop buying cr*p of the telly don't I?!

Merryone, I would have phoned their CS and told them it was unfit for purpose and demanded(it a polite way), they send a return label.

If that failed, wait a few days then say it has broke down and ask for a return label.:mysmilie_50:

Latest posts

Back