Prices Candles TSV 29/10/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Vianne

Registered Shopper
Does anyone know if there will be a TSV for Prices Candles, like there was last year? I umm'd and ahh'd but didn't get it last year, which I then regretted as it had good reviews.

Any info, anyone? *Big smile at Autumn and SCW* :mysmilie_12:

They have one on 29 October. I bet it will be the same sort of thing as the previous ones as they are very popular. Mind you I got the first one they did and found them very disappointing, no lasting smell whatsoever but I think that we each have different smell buds, ie the equivalent to taste buds but for sense of smell!!!!!!!! Hence the differing views on YC too.

I bought the Prices TSV about 4 years ago.
Five candles, each in a separate organza bag with a brass coloured snuffer.
They were (mostly) fantastic. I loved them all except Caramel.

In fact 'Figgy Pudding' which was in the set is my all time favourite candle, but I don't think you can get it anymore.

I didn't actually like last years TSV TBH, because they weren't boxed together IFSWIM? They just looked random.
The year before, it was a boxed candle and a boxed set of tea-lights with an outer box for them to go in. Last years didn't have the outer box which made it look a lot cheaper if you ask me.

Hoping for something better this year though, hope I'm not disappointed!!

I bought last years TSV - we gave half (3 jars & 3 boxes of tea lights) to my OH's Grandparents for Christmas and we kept the rest. I made sure we both had one each of each fragrance.

I have used the tea lights and one of the jars. I have a jar on the go at the minute, in my living room and so there is one left in the cupboard.

I enjoyed them.

I bought the Prices TSV about 4 years ago.
Five candles, each in a separate organza bag with a brass coloured snuffer.

That is the one I got, and whilst I was not thrilled by the candles I adored the snuffers! I gave three away to friends who were delighted and kept two. I had previously bought a snuffer from JLP which cost almost as much as the whole TSV IIRC. The organza bags were useful too, and I still keep my stash of lipgloss in one!

That is the one I got, and whilst I was not thrilled by the candles I adored the snuffers! I gave three away to friends who were delighted and kept two. I had previously bought a snuffer from JLP which cost almost as much as the whole TSV IIRC. The organza bags were useful too, and I still keep my stash of lipgloss in one!

Ha, Ha. How weird is that?!?!?
That was definitely in my top five of TSV's that I've ever bought I think.

So do these give a good throw of fragrance? It may be a nice change from Yankee as a gift for my Yankee loving friend!

So do these give a good throw of fragrance? It may be a nice change from Yankee as a gift for my Yankee loving friend!

I think they're more subtle TBH, although my living room is quite large and it does fill the room.
Definitely not as strong as Yankee though, nowhere near.

The reason I like them is that I think they give a cleaner burn than Yankee. The candles do tunnel a little, but because they're so cheap it doesn't bother me at all.

So do these give a good throw of fragrance?

I think they're more subtle TBH, although my living room is quite large and it does fill the room.

I've had the tea lights in my bathroom and the jars in my living room.
And I agree, they are more subtle, but my living room is also quite large and the other night the entire area definitely had the fragrance filling it.

I have a drawer full of Yankee tarts which I may never get around to using, everything Yankee is too strong for me. I can just about manage a quarter of a tart melted for 15-20 minutes.

The Prices scents are more subtle and they don't give me a migraine. I've still got a couple saved from past TSVs (sorry Figgy Pudding's all gone Mr M). I could be tempted by this TSV.

I have a drawer full of Yankee tarts which I may never get around to using, everything Yankee is too strong for me. I can just about manage a quarter of a tart melted for 15-20 minutes.

The Prices scents are more subtle and they don't give me a migraine. I've still got a couple saved from past TSVs (sorry Figgy Pudding's all gone Mr M). I could be tempted by this TSV.

Aww, thanks anyway Akimbo.

I've just found these on-line @ Asda so I've ordered a couple & and I can collect after 4pm on Friday from my local store.
hope they're as good as the Prices ones

http://direct.asda.com/george/georg...g/001754860,default,pd.html?cgid=D24M01G01C03

I'm exactly the same. Yankee are far too strong for me and always trigger an aura migraine and sometimes bring on my asthma too. Prices are much more subtle and a cleaner burn, and I've had no issues with them at all.

I bought two of the Christmas sets last year and gave a few jars and box of tealights to lots of relatives in the gorgeous gift bags with ribbons that QVC sold. Everyone loved them. My teen niece especially adored the cupcake scented ones :)

Yes, they do tunnel a little bit, but that doesn't spoil it for me either. They are a bargain imo, and the scents really are gorgeous. I will definitely be buying at least two sets for presents again this year.

Asda have some lovely YC simply home Xmas scents atm. They also had several different gift boxes all for under £10.

Not sad at all! :mysmilie_50: If it is, then I'm sad for waiting for you to report back!

Latest posts

Back