V SLICER....value for money?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love mine - but I bought from a market stall about 15 years ago for about £10. I use it to make coleslaw when I can't be bothered to dig out the food processor.

Julie

As Chess said, there was a thread about this a while back. I don't think anyone liked it - it should be sponsored by Elastoplast. I got rid of mine.

This isn't the same product Haggis and therefore not comparable. Lets be fair, most products have cheaper imitations and this is one. In fact it looks like the cheap JML one I bought in Woolies! The one on Ideal World looks a much better product.

Blockbuster price £22.99+£2.50p/p

tvshopping every day price £9.99+ £3.49 postage.

www.tvshopping-solutions.co.uk Need I say more :54:[/QUOTE]

I dont know about the price but this fella demonstrates these things on the infomercial chanels.

They did an electric one on Bid today, forget what it went for. "Sherwood" brand: "Great brand, you've seen it in the high street" - I have not.

Anyway, a lot safer.

clemenzina

To be fair to Ideal World, this package includes the peeler, grater, spiral thingy and storage case, and low p&p, and if it's sharp then good! I would imagine kitchen knives are as dangerous! I know they get alot of stick about the products they sell but surely in this climate they are fighting to survive like any retail shop, [mine included] and there must be a huge market for the stuff or they just wouldn't be here. I actually love the channel, the presenters [mostly] and alot of the products. [Craft is another thing....] I also love QVC, but totally different. Great products but a bit aloof for me.

I love mine - but I bought from a market stall about 15 years ago for about £10. I use it to make coleslaw when I can't be bothered to dig out the food processor.

Julie

I agree with JoozS, this is great in the kitchen.

I have cut myself in the past with knifes but not this. If people are stupid and don't use the safety guard, they deserve all they get.

If you keep good quality knives sharp, I think they will work just as well as this. And have a good quality cleaver too. Regarding using the safety guard, I found they slipped. I dreaded cutting stuff like turnip, parsnips etc. They are great if you have the knack - sadly I aint. Regarding demonstrators, remember they have been selling the slicer for a long time, so they would be experts ! Problem is, once you catch your hand in one - I have, you get scared of them. I know I did, hence the reason mine went in the bucket.

I was given one as a present a few years ago, obviously by someone who didn't like me! :15: the first time I used it I took the top of my finger off, the second time I got an onion jammed in the slot thingy resulting in losing another bit of finger....being a firm believer in the "third time lucky" philosophy, I boldly attempted shredding cabbage....don't ask!! :rolleyes:

Needless to say, it's in the "seemed like a good idea at the time/ it will come in useful one day" drawer.

Latest posts

Back