What’s happened to Jill?

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She was on TV guide the other day but wasn't actually on air for the shows with her listed.

She was on TV guide the other day but wasn't actually on air for the shows with her listed.
Interesting! Maybe they switched her. I expect if the throat issue prevents her from speaking loads, they may have swapped her to shows where the guest can do most of the talking... but in that case as a presenter eventually it will cause friction with other presenters if she is doing less for the same/similar pay.
As someone who periodically has throat issues, I have every sympathy for Jill, but maybe now could be a good time to find something requiring less speaking?

I think Jill is very happily married. I hope she is well, and will return. I never used to like her presentation style, but have changed my mind. I have to say I messaged her on Twitter on behalf of a friend who has two English bull dogs, you have no idea how very helpful she was. I must say that changed my mind. She was xtremely kind.

I think Jill is very happily married. I hope she is well, and will return. I never used to like her presentation style, but have changed my mind. I have to say I messaged her on Twitter on behalf of a friend who has two English bull dogs, you have no idea how very helpful she was. I must say that changed my mind. She was xtremely kind.
That’s really lovely to hear

That is so true. I'm not Jill's greatest fan, but I did feel for her at that time. When you're childless and have animals - not as a substitute obviously, and you pour all your love into them, then the shock of losing them regardless of how they leave us, is seismic. Like many old 'uns on their own, my little Border Terrier is absolutely my life and reason for living, and I've forewarned my brothers that once she is gone, then I'll be ready to go too. You cannot underestimate the power for wellbeing that having a pet has.

That is so true. I'm not Jill's greatest fan, but I did feel for her at that time. When you're childless and have animals - not as a substitute obviously, and you pour all your love into them, then the shock of losing them regardless of how they leave us, is seismic. Like many old 'uns on their own, my little Border Terrier is absolutely my life and reason for living, and I've forewarned my brothers that once she is gone, then I'll be ready to go too. You cannot underestimate the power for wellbeing that having a pet has.
I couldn't agree with this more, Brissles. They're always there, always pleased to see you, always sat next to you on the sofa... just being, really. People can be incredibly insensitive and thoughtless when something terrible happens to someone's pets. They don't seem to understand that it's so much more than 'just a dog', or 'just a cat'. You wouldn't say that about a child (well, maybe some children, actually)

Very true about how pets add so much to our lives.

My brother had to have one of his 2 little dogs put to sleep yesterday. Brother is 58 and devastated - he took ‘custody’ of Ollie (and Louie) when he separated from his partner 4 years ago and they’ve kept him going during what has been his first ever time living alone.

Very true about how pets add so much to our lives.

My brother had to have one of his 2 little dogs put to sleep yesterday. Brother is 58 and devastated - he took ‘custody’ of Ollie (and Louie) when he separated from his partner 4 years ago and they’ve kept him going during what has been his first ever time living alone.
Poor chap - that must be really tough for him. I'm sure they had even more importance to him, given the circumstances.

I don't do twitter, but joined and tweeted JF once. It was about the poor young bulldog Baby who was tortured, and it was filmed. The owner's teenage son and his mates throw the dog down the stairs more than one jumping on Baby as she lay there with a broken back and laughing as it screamed in pain. Make it scream again they laughed. Baby was not even taken to a vet for 3 months and had to be put down. Of course, they got a fine and a slap on the wrist.

I tweeted JF about the case, and she knew about it replied she had been contacting her MP and others over the sentence.

Oh, the owner's son had the living sh*t kicked out of him by persons unknown after the court case. Small revenge there.

It’s a known fact that those who end up as horrific killers started out abusing animals at a young age.

Courts really need to nip this type of thing in the bud and give out sentences appropriate to the crime (hanging for a start and work upwards). Mr L is in favour of a plane full dumped out over the English Channel on a monthly basis.

Instead these poor deprived people get sent on a holiday as so called punishment.

Latest posts

Back