Table presents

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I Love Chocolate

Registered Shopper
I heard the guest with Jill this evening say that a Radley watch would make a lovely extra gift, eg as a table present.

The price of the watch? £48.00!!

Our family tradition is to have table presents but for about a fiver - sweets, chocs, toiletries etc.

Am I alone in thinking that £48 is not a table present price?

I don't think I have spent that much on my other half for all his presents and he certainly won't be getting a table one..my present to him will be cooking the dinner! We decided to really cut back on what we buy each other as we don't really need much and struggle to think what we can buy each other.

I heard the guest with Jill this evening say that a Radley watch would make a lovely extra gift, eg as a table present.

The price of the watch? £48.00!!

Our family tradition is to have table presents but for about a fiver - sweets, chocs, toiletries etc.

Am I alone in thinking that £48 is not a table present price?
I don’t think any of the tat sellers have a sensible thought in their heads,it’s obvious none of them live in the real world,that cozy qvc bubble has a lot to answer for🤔

My guests get just a Christmas cracker and are asked to wear the hat at my table so we all look daft together. Table gifts yet another silly money making idea to hit the UK along with Christmas Eve boxes which parents are expected to fill with stuff to keep the kids occupied on Christmas Eve even though they get yet more new stuff on Christmas morning, plus Elf on shelf baskets I`ve seen advertised for parents to buy and it comes with an elf and other stuff such as colouring books and toys and even some kids advent calendars such as the lego one are priced way and above what I`d pay for an advent calendar. The World`s gone mad !

We don’t bother with table gifts.
Me neither- I buy gifts for friends and family. For family members they’ll get a main present and a couple of smaller items- I totally don’t see the need of having a present to open at the table as well that’s what Christmas crackers are for! Don’t get me started on Xmas Eve boxes!

I usually have Christmas Cracker gifts for friends I go to meals with, usually a 30ml or 50ml Molton Brown bottle popped inside. Not done any this year as not meeting up, unfortunately.
Will do something for the family table though.

Christmas crackers are good enough! These Christmas Eve boxes that they do now are quite the thing, so children get presents on Christmas Eve, presents on Christmas Day and probably more on Boxing Day. It's become all about money and photographing your family in matching pyjamas to put on Dick Tock.

CC

It's completely gratuitous and unnecessary. How many presents do people actually need? I'm sure thousands, if not millions, of people don't need any more reasons to bankrupt themselves or to be made to feel inadequate. I know it's all about selling but give it a rest, please, when it comes to this over-indulgent rubbish. Parcels round the Xmas tree are sufficient.

My guests get just a Christmas cracker and are asked to wear the hat at my table so we all look daft together. Table gifts yet another silly money making idea to hit the UK along with Christmas Eve boxes which parents are expected to fill with stuff to keep the kids occupied on Christmas Eve even though they get yet more new stuff on Christmas morning, plus Elf on shelf baskets I`ve seen advertised for parents to buy and it comes with an elf and other stuff such as colouring books and toys and even some kids advent calendars such as the lego one are priced way and above what I`d pay for an advent calendar. The World`s gone mad !
Ha ha...which kid will be doing colouring etc, when there are square screens to stare at.

Latest posts

Back