Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got my reply today, and they sounded grateful enough, obviously now Hycanith has removed the post, though the invoice ones will still be there. I'll be interested in whether they will actually do anything to try and prevent this happening again. We'll see! Here's the reply I got.....

Qurio UK Support​

12:43 PM (3 hours ago)
to me
Hi

Thank you for getting in touch.

We are sorry to hear of your concerns and we will certainly pass this information onto the relevant team.

Please rest assured that this will be looked into and any potential issues will be addressed.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know.

Kind Regards
Qurio Team

I got my reply today, and they sounded grateful enough, obviously now Hycanith has removed the post, though the invoice ones will still be there. I'll be interested in whether they will actually do anything to try and prevent this happening again. We'll see! Here's the reply I got.....

Qurio UK Support​

12:43 PM (3 hours ago)
to me
Hi

Thank you for getting in touch.

We are sorry to hear of your concerns and we will certainly pass this information onto the relevant team.

Please rest assured that this will be looked into and any potential issues will be addressed.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know.

Kind Regards
Qurio Team
Replying to my own post here, but after a bit of thought, surely Qurio UK Support, should be "the relevant team". How much effort would it take for them to add a warning about posting this kind of information? - obviously too much! This should be addressed as a matter of priority, not simply "looked into". To bridge the gap, they could've had Katy popping up and saying something about it, it would be seen by everybody, 'cause the clones lap up everything she says!

Has the winner been announced yet? The Qurio Queen? In these days of terrible turmoil I really ask myself why I am remotely bothered?
No, they're definitely taking their time over this one. It'll take a lot to convince me that it's random, even though the first prize winner did appear to be chosen at random if that makes sense. I think that if they are choosing a winner themselves, then it would make more sense for them to select one of the big spenders, as they'll carry on spending regardless, thus encouraging the other big spenders to do the same. Should it go to a "one offer" especially one that's dragged out old purchases, then it's likely they'll think "job done" and that'll be the last we hear of them. As for the stooge, I very much doubt she'll win as despite her coming back saying that Q have confirmed she's a customer, they'll be a lot of backlash. To be honest, It wouldn't surprise me if she has already been given the UFO device for her trouble, I mean it was spotted on one of her instagram pages, despite her saying she was thinking of buying one. I'm looking forward to seeing who gets it!

The winner is Michelle Briggs (MichelleBriggs30.) Katy announced it this morning.

She also said that she, and all the Qurio team, watch the videos and that if there is a problem then they should contact the CS department as the Qurio team can’t help with that.

Unfortunately she didn’t reiterate the advice about ensuring that personal details were not on show.

The great announcement has been made...and it's another "one offer" - Are they trying too hard to make it look random, or is it truly random. Is it one entry per customer regardless of the amount of reviews? 'cause if not, the likes of Hyancinth, Lola and Erika would have to have extremely unlucky not to have been drawn out - but of course it's possible!
I agree, Toril, she could've easily mentioned something about the personal details, but no. Why am I surprised?!
Reading between the lines, though you didn't really have to, Katy has pretty much said "No moaning" The Qurio team can't do anything about it so get in touch with C/S!
I wonder whether Qurio will have another "dip" in interest until the next prize draw is announced?

Last edited:
Thanks I have just seen it! Well Nicola got a mention but stop moaning & go to CS but the jumpsuit one was useful ( she could have said keep it brief, we got the message but by that time had lost the will to live) If my job entailed having to watch all these clips I would want a serious salary and many ‘perks’

I hope it was a random winner but I can't see the ladies who post dozens of videos taking that lying down. Q must have anticipated complaints or why would they mention it? Why spend thousands on Q though just to win a gadget that cost a couple of hundred quid? Bragging rights :rolleyes: ?

The winner hasn’t saturated Qurio with reviews, unlike some who do. The review of Michelle’s that Katy mentioned was one for the Bundleberry velvet trunks.

On the general subject of excessive buying, the same happens on my torch forum.

Here is a picture of the same model of torches in someone's collection, they only differ in colour or minor details, such as the engraved patterns. And he also collects other models in the same way, and apparently never uses them.

Some collectors don't even open the sealed boxes, they just display them unopened.

Each torch in the photo costs around £100 each depending on the colour. Some are made of solid brass or copper and cost even more.

olight WM2s 274698979.jpg

On the general subject of excessive buying, the same happens on my torch forum.

Here is a picture of the same model of torches in someone's collection, they only differ in colour or minor details, such as the engraved patterns. And he also collects other models in the same way, and apparently never uses them.

Some collectors don't even open the sealed boxes, they just display them unopened.

Each torch in the photo costs around £100 each depending on the colour. Some are made of solid brass or copper and cost even more.

View attachment 23340
Yes but we all know you have half a dozen more boxes just like that as well as those hidden away. 🤓🤫😉😂

Yes but we all know you have half a dozen more boxes just like that as well as those hidden away. 🤓🤫😉😂
I have just one of those, a white one.

It is remarkable for its size, with an unbelievably bright beam.

It would set things on fire if placed too close, so it has a bulit-in proximity sensor which dims it if it is too close to anything.

BTW the company cause this collection craze by regularly introducing new limited editions in new colours etc, on a "when they've gone they've gone" basis.

The winner is Michelle Briggs (MichelleBriggs30.) Katy announced it this morning.

She also said that she, and all the Qurio team, watch the videos and that if there is a problem then they should contact the CS department as the Qurio team can’t help with that.

Unfortunately she didn’t reiterate the advice about ensuring that personal details were not on show.
If the complaint is a general complaint then surely the Qurio team can pass it on. I get that the Qurio account isn’t linked to the customer account so they maybe can’t deal with specifics. However QVC would do well to listen to the feedback especially from all the people who say I used to buy a lot but …

Just remember Strato, make sure your collection are ready to be used in case of power cuts, and you know where to get them in said power cut.

I have a dinky but powerful key ring torch which has come in handy over the years. It was given to me and I thought oh! But I have had light blubs blow and had to use it.

If the complaint is a general complaint then surely the Qurio team can pass it on. I get that the Qurio account isn’t linked to the customer account so they maybe can’t deal with specifics. However QVC would do well to listen to the feedback especially from all the people who say I used to buy a lot but …
Exactly! One would think that this app would be useful tool for them as well as their customers, but as we can see it's a shoddy "thrown together at the last minute app" that nobody in QVC towers gives a flying f*ck about. We can see that QVC don't care about feedback- On their FB page there are umpteen customer complaints regarding P&P, but they're just not listening. I think because shopping channels have fallen out of favour over the years and there's so very few left, they fall under the radar. If QVC no more than an online concern, they'd have been out of business years ago, and they most certainly wouldn't have survived the high street. Unfortunately they're still able to "talk to people" (brainwash) by the medium of television and that's what's keeping them alive! Watchdog really need to get hold of this story, but they won't cause like I said they slip under the radar because shopping channels are niche nowadays. Niche, they may be, but they're fleecing people in plain sight and getting away with it!

Latest posts

Back