Beauty Pick of the Month with Free P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I used CeraVe and found it completely joyless,I love balms and splashed out on Then I Met You cleansing balm which is lovely but pricey, if anyone is interested Alpha-H set of 7 Everyday Fresh Cotton Cloths are brilliant, £15 on Q.😊
I bought and returned the same cloths. Mean sizes and nothing special imo. Flannels are better and usually cheaper for a bigger size. And now many shops sell them in bundles.

I am loving the M&S cleansing oil that was I think half price will last well over 6 months. I do alternate with a Superdrug washing foam that has fruit acids and occasionally a Alpha H scrub. By the time I have used most of these gems up it will be wintery enough to use the gorgeous Elemis balm.
Is that the Pure cleansing oil, Boffy? I’ve made a note to look for it next time I’m iver in Kingston. I might also pop in Body Shop there and see what they have. I quite fancy trying the Camomile Butter and the Lemon wash. They used to do a nice Camomile Oil but that seems to have vanished.

Which cera ve are you on Mazza? I've been on that for ages - great stuff - mr B loves it - but not all the same.
It’s the green and white bottle, Hydrating cleanser. It doesn’t feel very hydrating to me, that’s for sure. Maybe I should have tried the blue and white one? Forget what that’s called, is it sensitive? Or maybe dry.

Is that the Pure cleansing oil, Boffy? I’ve made a note to look for it next time I’m iver in Kingston. I might also pop in Body Shop there and see what they have. I quite fancy trying the Camomile Butter and the Lemon wash. They used to do a nice Camomile Oil but that seems to have vanished.
The Camomile Butter is really nice Mazza. I used to use the oil as well, but they changed the formulation about 18 months ago IIRC and it was awful after that so it's possible that it's now been discontinued. It wouldn't surprise me as the reviews for the new formulation weren't very good.

Edit, no, it's still available according to their website.

I wash my cloth with a bar of soap immediately after use and loop it over the bathroom tap to dry overnight 😊
I’ve been meaning to ask what other people do with their face cloths after use! It’s a long-standing issue of mine!! I do similar to you but usually hang them over the side of the basin and always think it looks awful, especially as they get in the way. There’s permanently a flannel and a muslin or similar face/cleansing cloth hanging around (used evenings and mornings). Fortunately, I don’t have visitors going in my bathroom all the time as I only have one. Oh for an en-suite! Or a little airing cupboard in the bathroom with hooks on the side to hang them up out of the way! Yes, I’ve given it a lot of thought!

I’ve been meaning to ask what other people do with their face cloths after use! It’s a long-standing issue of mine!! I do similar to you but usually hang them over the side of the basin and always think it looks awful, especially as they get in the way. There’s permanently a flannel and a muslin or similar face/cleansing cloth hanging around (used evenings and mornings). Fortunately, I don’t have visitors going in my bathroom all the time as I only have one. Oh for an en-suite! Or a little airing cupboard in the bathroom with hooks on the side to hang them up out of the way! Yes, I’ve given it a lot of thought!
My cloths go over the lowest rungs on my heated towel rail. I detest over the side of the sink, so unsanitary.

Does anyone have a Costco membership? I use their white cotton terry 'workshop' cloths. They're larger than normal face cloths (even Tesco's finest 33x33cm face cloths that are lovely), have a texture I love and are a pack of 52 for about £16.

I use a clean one every time then wring and hang on an airer until dry (they dry very quickly). Then they get thrown into the whites laundry bin. Any that are stained get a soak in a nappy fluid or hydrogen peroxide then thrown into washer when I have enough for a load. I started using Napisan in with my whites a few years ago so rarely need to soak pre-wash as this gets everything out and sanitises at the same time.

I tried the Emma Hardie cloths but the muslin bit was wearing out too quickly. They do make great house cloths when they're too worn for the face, though.

Does anyone have a Costco membership? I use their white cotton terry 'workshop' cloths. They're larger than normal face cloths (even Tesco's finest 33x33cm face cloths that are lovely), have a texture I love and are a pack of 52 for about £16.

I use a clean one every time then wring and hang on an airer until dry (they dry very quickly). Then they get thrown into the whites laundry bin. Any that are stained get a soak in a nappy fluid or hydrogen peroxide then thrown into washer when I have enough for a load. I started using Napisan in with my whites a few years ago so rarely need to soak pre-wash as this gets everything out and sanitises at the same time.

I tried the Emma Hardie cloths but the muslin bit was wearing out too quickly. They do make great house cloths when they're too worn for the face, though.
I don’t have a Costco membership but think I know someone who does. Also great idea to use Napisan.

Sadly, I don’t have that luxury. I hope you don’t think I’m a slattern - I wish I hadn’t admitted it now!
I wasn't trying to shame you or anyone else.
I was trying to think what I'd do if I didn't have my Dry Soon towel rail (bought from Lakeland directly.... hmm and I notice they have quietly disappeared from Q). Maybe hang them over a hanger on my shower curyain rail. My aim is to get them completely dry between uses.

Cloths, Emma Hardie the best. When they get discoloured over time, brilliant to use as cloths for cleaning the bathroom and kitchen worktops.
I knit my own face cloths… I love the texture so use a DK weight yarn that I get when on sale from wool warehouse. When I’ve used them I wring them out and hang them in my washing line. Take about an hour to try outside, then I hang them on a suction hook over the bath.

I wasn't trying to shame you or anyone else.
I was trying to think what I'd do if I didn't have my Dry Soon towel rail (bought from Lakeland directly.... hmm and I notice they have quietly disappeared from Q). Maybe hang them over a hanger on my shower curyain rail. My aim is to get them completely dry between uses.

I have the Aldi small towel rail that's similar to the Dry Soon. I usually hang my towels out to dry out after use but the rail is great on bad weather days. They still pop up every now and then. I think I paid about £35 for mine a good few years ago but have since seen them at £40.

My bugbear is damp towels. I stayed with a friend who left two on rotation in her bathroom and never changed them even for guests! Same two towels for everyone :sick:

I have the Aldi small towel rail that's similar to the Dry Soon. I usually hang my towels out to dry out after use but the rail is great on bad weather days. They still pop up every now and then. I think I paid about £35 for mine a good few years ago but have since seen them at £40.

My bugbear is damp towels. I stayed with a friend who left two on rotation in her bathroom and never changed them even for guests! Same two towels for everyone :sick:
Foisty towels can harbour mould. I usually take at least a small towel of my own every time I go anywhere.

I knit my own face cloths… I love the texture so use a DK weight yarn that I get when on sale from wool warehouse. When I’ve used them I wring them out and hang them in my washing line. Take about an hour to try outside, then I hang them on a suction hook over the bath.
😮 I’ve never heard of anyone doing that before would love to see a pic.

Latest posts

Back