Work done?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The more I think about it, there is definitely a gap in the market when it comes to aging gracefully but at the moment it's all about removing the stigma surrounding the menopause. Well how about removing the stigma of getting older in general? How about some honesty "There's no miracle cream that's gonna take 20 years or more off the appearance of your skin, but there are products that can keep it feeling soft and hydrated" I've mentioned enhancing grey and white hair, but how about the cosmetics side of it too? I often see the older models plastered in brightly coloured/glittery eyeshadow, thick black eyeliner, and already prominent cheekbones highlighted with high colour and shine, and let's not forget that heavy layer of foundation sinking into all the creases. Considering these have been applied by a professional, can you imagine what it's gonna look like when applied by the arthritic hand of someone who's eyesight ain't what it used to be?!
I'm not saying that all Q's customers are of a certain age, but there is a lot of them and making them up so they end up looking like clowns/drag queens isn't the answer. They deserve to be offered tailored tips and advice and products that will make them look elegant and classy. not desperate!
A bugbear of mine is black mascara! They all have to be ‘blackest black’ volumising, lengthening, thickening etc. That’s fine if you’re young, but nothing looks worse than an older person with sparse eyelashes or someone who is very fair, with light colour eyelashes, looking like they have two spiders adhered to their eyelids. I know that this is the latest trend for almost everyone under the age of about 25 (along with the comedy eyebrows!) but for us oldies, why can’t someone do a grey or lighter charcoal , or lighter brown colour?

The more I think about it, there is definitely a gap in the market when it comes to aging gracefully but at the moment it's all about removing the stigma surrounding the menopause. Well how about removing the stigma of getting older in general? How about some honesty "There's no miracle cream that's gonna take 20 years or more off the appearance of your skin, but there are products that can keep it feeling soft and hydrated" I've mentioned enhancing grey and white hair, but how about the cosmetics side of it too? I often see the older models plastered in brightly coloured/glittery eyeshadow, thick black eyeliner, and already prominent cheekbones highlighted with high colour and shine, and let's not forget that heavy layer of foundation sinking into all the creases. Considering these have been applied by a professional, can you imagine what it's gonna look like when applied by the arthritic hand of someone who's eyesight ain't what it used to be?!
I'm not saying that all Q's customers are of a certain age, but there is a lot of them and making them up so they end up looking like clowns/drag queens isn't the answer. They deserve to be offered tailored tips and advice and products that will make them look elegant and classy. not desperate!
Too much anti age going on imo from over 70's should NOT drive anymore to having DNR on medical records.
I worked from 1965 until 2010 and haven't seen a GP since 2019 and that was A& E as I couldn't get an appointment at our surgery. I would have probably ended up in A& E as I was diagnosed with a severe urine and kidney infection and they wanted to admit me and put me on a drip as I had sepsis markers. Unfortunately there was a queue and no beds available!!

I don't think anyone should be denied progress in the beauty industry but fillers dont suit anyone. Its a crude form of "treatment" I remember the days when celebrities had a facelift. Yes its a drastic step but done properly in the right hands the results are far superior to getting injectables from the hairdresser or beauty therapist down the road.

Sort of on this subject. Ruth Langsford says she is designing mainly for women of her age, or thereabouts. Good move, but why are the models who show her clothes not of that age?
Good point! They've got all shapes and sizes covered, but age wise - forget it! Yet another example of the "invisible generations" - disgraceful really considering it's our money they're taking. How's seeing Ruth's sweater on a six foot 30 something or stretched across the chest of a 20 something's pneumatic boobs gonna give a person in their 60's or 70's any idea what it's gonna look like on them?!

Considering that those of us born after the war in the 40/50s are still referred to as the Boomer generation, even though some have now died we must still be a huge age group & with probably more spending power now that families have grown & left, mortgages paid off mostly, it’s very short sighted of retailers to ignore what could be a lucrative source. We don’t all need to buy walk in baths, mobility scooters, funeral plans which seem to be the main adverts we are bombarded with.
There‘s a real missed profitable opportunity to produce & sell things we might actually like to buy, affordable, flattering clothing in decent fabrics, comfortable yet stylish footwear, skin care that’s actually good for older skin ( shown on realistic models) & makeup that isn’t all glitter, shine & too brightly coloured.

People who give injections for Botox or fillers have to have a licence. If they are doing it without a licence, they are breaking the law.
I don't think anyone should be denied progress in the beauty industry but fillers dont suit anyone. Its a crude form of "treatment" I remember the days when celebrities had a facelift. Yes its a drastic step but done properly in the right hands the results are far superior to getting injectables from the hairdresser or beauty therapist down the road.

Sort of on this subject. Ruth Langsford says she is designing mainly for women of her age, or thereabouts. Good move, but why are the models who show her clothes not of that age?
There used to be an older Model called Jane her daughter Catherine used to be on QVC as well she did a lot of Shows with Lola Rose.

Considering that those of us born after the war in the 40/50s are still referred to as the Boomer generation, even though some have now died we must still be a huge age group & with probably more spending power now that families have grown & left, mortgages paid off mostly, it’s very short sighted of retailers to ignore what could be a lucrative source. We don’t all need to buy walk in baths, mobility scooters, funeral plans which seem to be the main adverts we are bombarded with.
There‘s a real missed profitable opportunity to produce & sell things we might actually like to buy, affordable, flattering clothing in decent fabrics, comfortable yet stylish footwear, skin care that’s actually good for older skin ( shown on realistic models) & makeup that isn’t all glitter, shine & too brightly coloured.

There used to be an older Model called Jane her daughter Catherine used to be on QVC as well she did a lot of Shows with Lola Rose.
A good idea to have mother and daughter models. As long as the daughter is not a teenager.

Too much anti age going on imo from over 70's should NOT drive anymore to having DNR on medical records.
I worked from 1965 until 2010 and haven't seen a GP since 2019 and that was A& E as I couldn't get an appointment at our surgery. I would have probably ended up in A& E as I was diagnosed with a severe urine and kidney infection and they wanted to admit me and put me on a drip as I had sepsis markers. Unfortunately there was a queue and no beds available!!
I would love to be a fly on the wall regarding the demographic of a general day in a GP’s surgery.
My mother in law lives in hers , funnily enough she’s not far off 90.
I remember chatting to a GP years ago when he found out I was a nurse and he said most of those visitors needn’t not be there.
No surprise it’s so difficult to get an appointment now, that was over 20 years ago btw.

Not saying they dont have a licence its just the procedures are never flattering.
And they don't always work. I paid Euros 300 for treatment of lines above my upper lip. The doctor said Botox was not an option, so he used a needle to insert hydro??? acid. I don't know how to spell it. It was painful and the results lasted two days after the swelling had gone down. On my return to the doctor, he said that the procedure had worked, but if I wanted to have another type of injection done, he would want another Euros 400. Total rip off and, of course, I didn't go back.

I noticed Alex Kramer looking ‘different’ this week. I’ve always liked her but she’s suddenly developed the ‘pillow face’ What a shame
I noticed that too! If it ain't broke don't fix it🤦‍♀️! Why oh why do they do it! Look at Madonna & Carol Vordy. I should imagine Davina McCall will be next,that's if she already has had work,hard to tell. She's a tad older than me so it should be very soon!

I noticed that too! If it ain't broke don't fix it🤦‍♀️! Why oh why do they do it! Look at Madonna & Carol Vordy. I should imagine Davina McCall will be next,that's if she already has had work,hard to tell. She's a tad older than me so it should be very soon!
Voderman has become a parody of herself.
Stick to the maths love.

I noticed Alex Kramer looking ‘different’ this week. I’ve always liked her but she’s suddenly developed the ‘pillow face’ What a shame
I saw Alex today and I thought she looked great and I'm not sure that I noticed any difference to how she normally looks. I did look extra carefully and perhaps she does look a tiny bit fuller in the face and imo if she has had work done then she's gotten away with but should quit while she's ahead. It's the same with The Holden, it is obvious she's had work done 'cause her face has evolved over the years but at the moment I'd say she's getting away with it, however, I fear she'll keep on tweaking until she looks as ridiculous as Carol Vorderman, and once that's happened - too bliddy late!

Latest posts

Back