Alison Young

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's more than annoying when she blabs out such ignorance. The reason is to get more sales and she probably does or she'd be told by now to stop talking rubbish.
she obviously reads this forum because the more we moan about her "Fake Wokeness" the more she batters on with it. I dont mind if it was truly relevant to some products live and let live I say. But its not shes pushing forward to annoy the QVC clients which are paying her huge wages. There said it!

she obviously reads this forum because the more we moan about her "Fake Wokeness" the more she batters on with it. I dont mind if it was truly relevant to some products live and let live I say. But its not shes pushing forward to annoy the QVC clients which are paying her huge wages. There said it!
Why would she purposely try to annoy qvc clients? I can't make sense if that.

I do not remember doing this, but, I get emails from her. Strangely not about QVC stuff, never usually open, but I did yesterday. It was the CEW awards, remember they used to do shows on QVC doing the brands they sell and how they won something? Tatcha own sold in SpaceNK really nice brand, but the Dewy Skin moisturizer broke me out. Damn! Their night cream I can use. Anyway, I wondered if QVC would be selling the brand at some point?

Why would she purposely try to annoy qvc clients? I can't make sense if that.
Maybe trying to have control by annoying the people who are annoying them and maybe even persuading them not to do it because it just leads to more of the same behaviour, might be giving presenters who do this, some satisfaction. They'd be better off just sucking it up imho because they can't stop people expressing opinions, however unsympathetic.

It's counter productive to purposely annoy prospective customers. The QVC presenters are far too canny to do this. Plus, it's a childish reaction. The few who complain about her 'all genders' comments are far outweighed by the people who ignore the comments and buy the products. If AY's sales figures go down, she would try different tactics. She's an asset to QVC. She sells huge amounts. And who knows how many people actually complain to the people at Q rather than just have their say on a forum?

Always liked Alison Old. Bit crusty. Calls a lipstick a lipstick .Doesn't suffer fools. Sense of humour - look for her Prick of The Day blooper... Probably sees it for the comedic farce shopping television is underneath it all.
I've heard it said that she has a great sense of humour, likes practical jokes and calls a spade a spade, but on telly she sure is po faced and monotonous. Nobody knows for sure what's in these peoples' hearts, but I do believe they take the whole idea of themselves selling stuff on TV as a slightly ridiculous occupation albeit it's their bread and butter.

She used to say she had it on her contract that she did not have to present any brand she didn’t believe worked.
I try to analyse the level of warmth she shows a product to work out whether she REALLY thinks it is any good.
I think she made that u. No one can ever check that out. Look at some of the shite she flogged...

It's counter productive to purposely annoy prospective customers. The QVC presenters are far too canny to do this. Plus, it's a childish reaction. The few who complain about her 'all genders' comments are far outweighed by the people who ignore the comments and buy the products. If AY's sales figures go down, she would try different tactics. She's an asset to QVC. She sells huge amounts. And who knows how many people actually complain to the people at Q rather than just have their say on a forum?
You're right - it is counter productive, but the canniness is sadly often outweighed by the childishness. If it hasn't affected sales, the temptation is to do the same again. I'm talking here about presenters in general because I've witnessed that after previous comments about eg how certain presenters use a certain phrase, it's then said ad nauseam, etc etc. Nothing anybody says here will stop it, it's just what they do. Because they can.

Latest posts

Back