Alison Young

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Even when AY was away on holiday, or she broke an arm etc falling off her horse. The beauty shows continued with a presenter and the BA still selling loads of products so the strange idea only she can sell for QVC.
Nobody is irreplaceable. But, she's got her foot in and I don't think she'll ever take it out.

Does she get a bonus for each time she says the words menopause and gender? If so, she must be raking it in!
The younger presenters keep banging on about their peri menopause symptoms. They all have to get in on the act.

I've only ever had a female radiographer do my mammogram I don't think our hospital has any male radiographers in the dept.
I had a male consultant examine me when I had to have a BRCA investigation but he had a female nurse with him.
In fact in every case when I've been examined by a male doctor there has always been a female nurse or other with me.

I haven't read all the posts yet - I've been MIA and just catching up now.

Had to pop in to say I've just had my annual MRI. It was at 6:45 am and all the staff including the two radiographers were men.

There was a woman a decade or so due in after me asking for a female to help her change but none were available. I offered to stay and help which she accepted. I got the impression that like myself, she was a past survivor and clearly nervous of accepting help from a man. I couldn't stay to help but did tell her next time to not wear anything with metal so she wouldn't need to go through this again.

I must stress that all the men from the receptionist to the radiographer were respectful and patient but surely there must have been a female somewhere to help. Not everyone is comfortable with male caring staff and for whatever reason they should be respected.

Just focusing on the earlier mentioned subject of dentistry - about a month into the lockdown in April 2020, my wife had just got back out of hospital after being very close to dying, and was now home with me. She was in a very weak state and arguably should’ve still been in the QMC.. I therefore was her only carer with absolutely no external support whatsoever.

Apart from it being an horrendous and frightening time for everybody, my situation was compounded by developing the most terrible toothache. This came not long after nearly every dentist in the country shut their doors to seeing patients. I was in absolute agony with what turned out to be an abscess on one of my back teeth. First, I would try a hot water bottle, and after about 10 minutes, I was in agony again, then a pack of frozen peas, and the same thing happened soon after. There was absolutely no proper respite from the pain, with my wife needing frequent looking after at the same time.

I really didn’t know how I was going to continue without some kind of dental help, and in the end had to ring my usual dentist where I was a private patient and literally beg to be triaged to one of the only dentists in the county of Nottinghamshire, still seeing patients. I remember crying down the phone to the person at my dentist who was responsible for making referrals. This in a supposed modern and caring society that we in this country are led to believe we are supposed to be.

I then had to wait what seemed forever for a call back and eventually was given instructions to attend a dentist in Keyworth, where I had to wait outside the door, like some loitering, suspect for about half an hour with the door suddenly opening of being ushered inside. It felt like I was part of some seedy drugs transaction, rather than just wanting to get my teeth looked at. I think I was probably in there for less than 20 minutes, given a painkilling injection, and had the tooth yanked out with a pair of dental pliers. At least after that, I was able to function again and look after my wife.

I will never forget that time for obvious reasons. I think the withdrawal from seeing patients by dentists during the pandemic was a massive shirking of their clinical responsibilities. The teeth are part of the body like any other organ, yet they were treated as some sort of meaningless accessory that didn’t need help or assistance when they went wrong. People essentially were left to rot along with their teeth. I think it was, and is an absolute scandal, along with the many others over how the Government handled events during the Pandemic.

If nothing else they could have just given you antibiotics to stop the infection causing pain. I had swelling around a tooth that was causing pain and a telephone appointment with my dentist got me a prescription for Corsodyl. I'd had an abscess previously so know how severe it is without the risk of the infection travelling so wanted advice quickly even when I knew there was no physical treatment available.

Soon afterwards our dog had an abscess around his upper canine. The vet saw and treated him despite lockdown.

People are still being left to rot around their teeth. My NHS dentist has just opened his doors to private patients. Their recorded message says they'll see private patients on the day but there's a minimum 24 month wait for new NHS. I've heard of patients being struck off their list because their teeth aren't in great condition. Apparently it's due to longer procedures costing the dentist too much to bother with.

We can complain about the government all we like (they're all as bad as each other as far as I'm concerned), but when my current dentist took over my old dentist's business he shouldn't have been allowed to treat private in the same place. The same goes for doctors. NHS or private. **** or get off the pan. When I worked for the NHS I got fed up with consultants ringing in the day before their clinics (we were a small hospital with visiting consultants), cancelling as they had a private patient to sort urgently, Or fancied a round of golf in good weather.

And don't get me started on nurses like my next door neighbour who is NHS trained and employed yet phones in sick whenever she gets offered a bank job. And happily brags about it. We're not far from the English border but live in Wales. She'd only take bank jobs from English hospitals as they paid more. Agencies are costing the NHS a fortune with this abuse.

It’s Father’s Day!
Again utter woke nonsense from the slap peddler,who should know better,my god she’s old enough.
Stick to being a tat sales assistant and keep your woke fakery to yourself and your horses.
In fact the horses may talk more sense 🤔

The horse's arse talks more sense than that particular horse's arse.

There are two genders . That’s what most think. I don’t watch Allison so haven’t heard it but the whole multiple gender thing does my head in. The world seems to be going slowly mad.

This is the problem.

We all (over a certain age at least) consider gender to be the same as sex. Now, however, there are groups going into schools "teaching" kids that there are 73 genders (at the last count!). There are only two sexes.

This, along with the pronoun BS is actually meant by some activist groups to confuse us and it seems to be working. I've started crossing out "gender" on forms and replacing with the word sex.

Confusing adults by appealing to young (and rebellious - I was young and rebellious once and as a tomboy, would probably have fallen for this BS) is opening the doors wide to some people and groups that don't have children's welfare at heart. This https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26352378 was the start of something that today seems to have gone mainstream by shaming (mainly) women when calling out for safeguarding.

AY has been told (and, no doubt, trained) to toe the line by one of the many organisations that are making an awful lot of money in their attempt to BS us into acceptance, and is welcome to keep selling slap to people who identify as fae or cats or whatever. She's just not selling to me any more.

Always liked Alison Old. Bit crusty. Calls a lipstick a lipstick .Doesn't suffer fools. Sense of humour - look for her Prick of The Day blooper... Probably sees it for the comedic farce shopping television is underneath it all.

And gets well-paid to ignore the more serious repercussions.

She’s the only QVC Presenter who talks like that so it is defo not coming from management. She’s so irritating when she starts on the gender line😂😂. It doesn’t even sound like she believes it.

Management ups her bonus to encourage her to sell more items traditionally bought by women?

Most other QVC products can be traditionally sold to either sex (DIY or women's clothes). There's not an obvious push for those as men who wear women's clothes used to do it quietly (unlike the men who have started reviewing M&S lingerie :sick:) and I honestly can't see younger blokes wearing Q's polyester offerings. Women who like DIY are accepting that they're the forgotten market and just get on with it.

I must admit that I did think that the man who has hit headlines this week posting his outrage about not being given a key to the women's changing room at the Sheffield Mercure might have bought his outfit from Q.

My dad will be 80 next year and is a typical 'blokes bloke' but even he has huge sympathy on the trans issue, but he's generally a lovely man anyway to be fair.

As did I. Until I realised that many of today's trans aren't.

An awful lot of men seem to be "identifying" as a woman under the guise of TIM (trans-identified male) rather than actually living "as a woman" then applying for their GRC. Many of these TIMs are in it for reasons other than genuine dysmorphia. Reasons like getting access to women-only spaces and children. Or getting an easy ride in prison.

Then there are the sexual fetishists. Do whatever you want with your kink but keep it legal and private. Flashing your fuglies in House of Fraser in Nottingham like this bloke https://www.nottinghampost.com/news...gham-victoria-centre-issues-statement-8023484 or parading around Ikea like these men https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/ikea-shoppers-baffled-after-man-28965983 are normalising this behaviour. There's nothing baffling about it. It's men getting their kinks out in public.

Pride parades (I have attended many with gay friends over the years and had a great time) are also invaded. Lesbians are beaten up and sexuality seems to have been replaced with trans or kink. Pride is supposed to be a family event. This isn't

As did I. Until I realised that many of today's trans aren't.

An awful lot of men seem to be "identifying" as a woman under the guise of TIM (trans-identified male) rather than actually living "as a woman" then applying for their GRC. Many of these TIMs are in it for reasons other than genuine dysmorphia. Reasons like getting access to women-only spaces and children. Or getting an easy ride in prison.

Then there are the sexual fetishists. Do whatever you want with your kink but keep it legal and private. Flashing your fuglies in House of Fraser in Nottingham like this bloke https://www.nottinghampost.com/news...gham-victoria-centre-issues-statement-8023484 or parading around Ikea like these men https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/ikea-shoppers-baffled-after-man-28965983 are normalising this behaviour. There's nothing baffling about it. It's men getting their kinks out in public.

Pride parades (I have attended many with gay friends over the years and had a great time) are also invaded. Lesbians are beaten up and sexuality seems to have been replaced with trans or kink. Pride is supposed to be a family event. This isn't
Never underestimate the absolute charlatans who are taking advantage of this latest thing.
Or the never ending apologists for male predators that have attached themselves to this cause who cry bigot to anyone raising objections.
As for the legitimised self multilation dressed up as health care and the crooks getting rich off it …
It boils my piss so much. 🤯🤯

Never underestimate the absolute charlatans who are taking advantage of this latest thing.
Or the never ending apologists for male predators that have attached themselves to this cause who cry bigot to anyone raising objections.
As for the legitimised self multilation dressed up as health care and the crooks getting rich off it …
It boils my piss so much. 🤯🤯

And mine. Even more when I learned the NHS is prioritising hormone treatments for men that want to look more feminine over HRT for women with a medical need. Not to mention it's paying for the treatments.

The bigot/nazi stuff doesn't bother me in the slightest. I no longer work so I can't get the sack. However, I do worry that as I would also insist on same biological sex personal care I will end up like this poor lady: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ex-assault-victim-op-female-care-request.html or treated like this: https://www.brightonandhovenews.org...me-sex-breast-screening-medic-as-transphobic/ or https://unherd.com/thepost/the-nhs-is-betraying-women-over-same-sex-care/

I also worry for women who will get affected if they are brave enough to speak out. And those who are gaslit like this poor woman https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/news/politics/hospital-says-patient-could-not-26506744

Should be arrested for indecent exposure and more,disgusting and appalling in front of children.
These people get off on this sort of thing!

I agree wholeheartedly. Unfortunately, many seem to think it's harmless fun. It's far from that and made even more sinister when these men ALWAYS wear masks or disguises. If they thought it harmless why not show their faces? And where are the police?

My big brother lives in Canada and I have said a number of times Canadian are polite to the point of being ****** stupid. That happened in Belfast, and he would get the sh*t kicked out of him before he could be arrested or taken away to be knee capped.

I am very lucky to have an NHS dentist, in fact have to go tomorrow as a crown came out. Now it was very old, and she did try to cement it back but said don't think it will take, so tomorrow to find out what to do.

My big brother lives in Canada and I have said a number of times Canadian are polite to the point of being ****** stupid. That happened in Belfast, and he would get the sh*t kicked out of him before he could be arrested or taken away to be knee capped.

I am very lucky to have an NHS dentist, in fact have to go tomorrow as a crown came out. Now it was very old, and she did try to cement it back but said don't think it will take, so tomorrow to find out what to do.

I have relatives in Canada that I've visited many times. I was always impressed by politeness and customer service.
I haven't been for over a decade now and am told things have changed for the worse. Apart from finding travel too difficult now, I just don't want to go. I might be cutting my nose off to spite my face but I don't want to visit places that trample all over women's rights. My cousin's son's boyfriend was in the 'shop' class run by that ridiculous and, quite frankly disgusting man was teaching https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...hetic-breasts-dresses-MAN-outside-school.html

Then there's https://nationalpost.com/news/canad...ty-funding-for-refusing-to-accept-trans-women and yet another man taking the p*ss, Jessica Yaniv. It looks as if his reign of terror against women trying to run a beauty business or fire-fighters fed up with being called to help him out of his bath (again) is coming to a halt (hopefully) https://thepostmillennial.com/break...immigrant-salon-workers-tribunal-says-enough/ NOT before time and maybe it'll make others think twice from pulling stunts like this.

They're also big on drag queen story time. My cousin was one of the many protestors at a Toronto library. Parents are angry and justifiably so but lobbyist organisation money must be big and come from deep pockets. Not in Canada but this was the kind of thing they were protesting (and several got arrested for despite their protest being peaceful) https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/07/13/the-rainbow-dildo-butt-monkey-is-no-laughing-matter/

Hope your appointment goes well.

Just watched the end of a Gatineau hour on QVC2. Andrew is flogging the tanning lotion stuff. It can be for male or female he says. Alison immediately chips in with ‘or any gender!’ WTF is wrong with the woman, she is annoying me more and more, I can barely watch her anymore.

Just watched the end of a Gatineau hour on QVC2. Andrew is flogging the tanning lotion stuff. It can be for male or female he says. Alison immediately chips in with ‘or any gender!’ WTF is wrong with the woman, she is annoying me more and more, I can barely watch her anymore.
I now switch off! As indeed I do with Ms Franks. Unwatchable rubbish they come out with, and the interrupting is just rude.

Latest posts

Back