What happened to Molton Brown?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Rooby

Registered Shopper
Can anyone tell me what happened to Molton Brown on QVC? They seem to have disappeared. It probably happened quite a while ago but I only just realised when I went to look at the sets and found there weren't any! :sleepy:

ooh it must be before last Christmas they disappeared, never to be seen on QVC again,
the special Christmas beauty tsv at the beginnig of December was my fave.last year they did a l'occitane one instead
I like l'occitane but the molton brown one was always extra special and made a really lovely gift from me to me!!!!!!!

It happened last year, Molton Brown decided they no longer wanted to be on QVC.

Totally misguided to think they were too 'high end' imo; L'Occitane is just as, if not more, 'high end' to me!

molton brown is always empty i guess it wont be long before they come running back to qvc.

at thier peak they were selling around 90'000 tsv units in a 24 hour slot.
more fool them!

Thanks for the info everyone! I agree about MB being quiet, my local branch (Windsor) is always deserted.

It's a real shame they're not on QVC anymore but I do like L'Occitane too so I guess if I had choose one or the other it would be L'Occitane. :thinking2:

It's mainly hubby that uses MB I'm a Philosophy girl at heart! :heart:

i must say that i do think that mb is a definate brand for the chaps and the tsv made good pressies for those that dont like l'occitane.

I loved the MB tsvs and would be so happy if they kissed and made up with QVC. They were great value for money and I used to go in the MB emporium (so high end that the word "shop" is too common for them) and gloat at how much money I had saved.

molton brown is always empty i guess it wont be long before they come running back to qvc.

at thier peak they were selling around 90'000 tsv units in a 24 hour slot.
more fool them!

Yes the MB Christmas TSV was meant to be the best selling one of the year. It had got to the point where they were advertising it in some of the newspaper weekend magazines.

was not overly keen on the shower gels with their made up fantasy fragrance names and the body lotions were a joke very cheap ingredients and full of chemicals.my skin never felt moisturised just parched and dry.
not that fussed they left qvc all hype and no substance. more a lifestyle brand than serious body care.

was not overly keen on the shower gels with their made up fantasy fragrance names and the body lotions were a joke very cheap ingredients and full of chemicals.my skin never felt moisturised just parched and dry.
not that fussed they left qvc all hype and no substance. more a lifestyle brand than serious body care.

I'd agree with this in the main but have found that their hand lotions are he most moisturising ever. I tend to buy my MB from either John Lewis or the outlet at Cheshire Oaks. On one of my last visits there I picked up a pack of three 100ml hand lotions for £10.00. Bargain! Wish I had bought more at the time as I haven't seen them since. They last for ages as well. x

In the main though I do prefer L'Occitane.

At the same time as they left QVC, they seemed tohike the prices in their outlets too. I go to the one at Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth and was shocked at how much prices had gone up.....silly silly as i didn't buy less, I just didn't buy!

As Mrs.Overall used to tell us, we aspire to MB's range. The thing is MB are sold in very highend stores in the US, Japan and round the world. The fact their outlets here are mainly empty means nothing to them.

I used to love their makeup, still have some eyeshadow palettes.

As Mrs.Overall used to tell us, we aspire to MB's range. The thing is MB are sold in very highend stores in the US, Japan and round the world. The fact their outlets here are mainly empty means nothing to them.

I used to love their makeup, still have some eyeshadow palettes.

It's sold in Bath and Body Works in the US which I didn't consider that high end! Certainly would have thought QVC more high end than this! x

I'd agree with this in the main but have found that their hand lotions are he most moisturising ever. I tend to buy my MB from either John Lewis or the outlet at Cheshire Oaks. On one of my last visits there I picked up a pack of three 100ml hand lotions for £10.00. Bargain! Wish I had bought more at the time as I haven't seen them since. They last for ages as well. x

In the main though I do prefer L'Occitane.

I didn't like their hand lotions as they seemed to go off within six months and developed a nasty rancid smell. I even took one back to my local 'emporium' and they swapped it for a shower/bath gel. It's always empty there - I think I was their only customer that week and I didn't even buy anything as I was only there for an exchange!

Latest posts

Back