Scraping the barrel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fredab

Registered Shopper
Just looked at my emails and have my monthly newsletter from PVC towers and guess who has her own range of fashionjewellery coming to PVC. None other than Arlene Philips on 9 October. Is this scraping the barrel or what!!!!!!!!!

I wish they would get Dame Edna Everage to do a range of jewellery (Simon Wilson watch out) and a range of reading glasses (make Joanie Rivers green with envy).

I wish they would get Dame Edna Everage to do a range of jewellery (Simon Wilson watch out) and a range of reading glasses (make Joanie Rivers green with envy).

I thought Dame Edna already did a range,did you see Adele Marie fashion jewellery.

ooh have you had the dime bar cake from Ikea? :mysmilie_59:

Ingredients

4 Dime bars
4 eggs
4oz ground almonds
5oz icing sugar
4oz caster sugar
3/4pint whipping cream

Method

Separate eggs and whip whites until stiff. Fold in icing sugar and almonds. Pour the mixture into a9inch cake tin with loose bottom and bake at 180C for 45 minutes. Leave to cool in the tin

Whisk egg yolks and caster sugar until thick and creamy. Whip the cream until thick and mix together. Chop the Dime bars into small pieces and add to the mixture. Pour into the tin and freeze overnight.

(I usually turn the cake out of the tin onto a serving plate while still frozen and then leave for a short while to de-frost slightly before serving)

Ooh thank you for the recipe! This is possibly my favourite cake ever. For those of you who have a large'ish Dunelm Mill close by with a coffee shop, they also do it there :tongue:

Ooh thank you for the recipe! This is possibly my favourite cake ever. For those of you who have a large'ish Dunelm Mill close by with a coffee shop, they also do it there :tongue:

So rumour has it, anyway :wink:

Latest posts

Back