QVC Facebook "Angels" campaign agains't high P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Personally, I agree with what they are doing.

I have said it before numerous times and I am saying it again.

My mum is housebound, she does not know how to use the internet and nor does she want to as she would panic with it, she buys from QVC cause it is the only choice for her, IW suck, the other channels are crap or jewellery related, with QVC she at least has independance and does not have to rely on me or other family members to take that independance away by always buying for her. she can have as many catalogues as she wants and she can also order from them but why should she stick to catalogues and mail order? Is that not also taking her independance away by telling her not to order from a comapny she like?

QVC rely heavily on this market and it annoys me.

hi sloane ranger,would be lovely if you could tell us who you are,instead of hiding!! I was the person who asked if we could welcome a new angel,the lady herself said she would like to join us. We don't "push" ourselves on people but we welcome anyone. I think you will find we don't use the QVC page as much as we used to,we chat on our own personal pages. I am Helen Martin & not ashamed of my views!!!!

Please remember that this is a public forum and many members here wouldn't dream of posting their full name on a public forum, I certainly wouldn't. It is not about hiding, it is about being safe and secure online.

Most of us Angels have a strong bond and help and support one another. I think maybe Dippy is clearly jelous of the bond us Angels have and to spend this much time slateing a good group of people shows that maybe your the bully and have a problem not the other way round. And if you don't like it don't read it! no one forces you to be a part of it thats your choice. If I spent as much energy into slatting people the way have I would get nothing done all day. Get a life!

Please note that personal attacks on forum members will not be tolerated.

Here on ST we love getting new members, without members there would be no ST.com and we wouldn't have been around for the numerous years that we have, but we do not want a "them" and "us" situation developing on here.

Yes QVC have a page on Facebook and if the "Angels" have been setup from that page then so be it but they are a sub group of that page. Here on ST we are one, we don't have sub groups, we will not be having an "Angels" group and if people from "Angels" want to join here then that is fine as long as they are here to discuss Shopping Telly, don't come here and attack existing members.

People often pass comment on here about things said on the Facebook page and if it happens to be about the "Angels" then it is, just in the same way I have seen things that have been said on here mentioned over on the Facebook page, it works both ways.

Hi,as you know i'm new to the page so thanks for the info. I would just say that there has been so much hateful nonsense talked about the Angels that we felt it was time we had a right of reply. This is the only reason i posted just to put the other point of view. Thank-you for allowing me to do this. Can i just point out that Sloane Ranger has personally attacked 6 people by putting thier initals on here,we can all work out who they mean. Surely this must be against regulations? I would be interested in the moderators comments,many thanks Helen Martin

Hi,as you know i'm new to the page so thanks for the info. I would just say that there has been so much hateful nonsense talked about the Angels that we felt it was time we had a right of reply. This is the only reason i posted just to put the other point of view. Thank-you for allowing me to do this. Can i just point out that Sloane Ranger has personally attacked 6 people by putting thier initals on here,we can all work out who they mean. Surely this must be against regulations? I would be interested in the moderators comments,many thanks Helen Martin

You can use the red cross on a post to report anything you're not happy with. HTH

But surley you should be saying this to Dippy as they have personaly attacked us Angels and I'm sure you would defend yourself if you suffered an attack like that, maybe you should go back and read what they have said about us!

That is the internet and forums, I have read negative comments about this forum often but I don't feel the need to join and defend, it is just the way the world is now we have internet and forums. As I said in my post earlier, everyone is welcome to be a member here but we will not have a "them" and "us" situation.

Sloane Ranger may have posted initials but he/she is here on ST, we don't know if these people are members here.

But surley you should be saying this to Dippy as they have personaly attacked us Angels and I'm sure you would defend yourself if you suffered an attack like that, maybe you should go back and read what they have said about us!

You "Angels" were not members here on ST when Dippy posted this thread.

And incidently Dippy is not a member here anymore, she chose to leave she was not banned or removed for doing anything wrong.

Mmm lots of new members for ST.com today:cheeky: wonder why?

I have no doubt that people who consider themselves "Angels" are on the whole friendly people but I am afraid some of the posts from the "new members" do not exactly reinforce that idea and to be honest do come across as very "cliquey" and on occasion confrontational . This is not a personal attack or a spiteful comment it is just how I see it.

I am also new to this site - so hello to everyone. I have read the page and can understand this forum not wanting a "them" and "us" situation, but from where I am sitting, it seems that that is exactly what the moderator is creating with the responses it is leaving about some posts and not others.

Still, to keep it on track.....I have signed the petition - am proud to have done it...it may not change anything but then, doing nothing wont either, will it?

Just to put my two penneth in (though I'll probably wish I'd not bothered!). Please don't think I mean any disrespect to these "Angels" I don't. However not EVERYONE wishes to be a part of that. Surely a person should be able to "like" (or join) the QVC company page, in order to receive the QVC updates, see competitions and occasionally join in the chat, without having to be an "angel". It might not appeal to all and personally, (again no disrespect) doesn't appeal to me.

New "members" of the page are now being pointed out and welcomed to the page, which I'm sure some people love, but I'm sure not all. Some of us just want to "like" the page and that's that. When I "liked" the page last year, I received probably around 20 odd friend requests from the "angels". This made me feel rather awkward as I tend to only "friend" people I know. Many people make comments on their lives on Facebook (myself included) and I just don't feel comfortable "friending" strangers (again no disrespect meant!) but internet privacy is something I feel quite strongly about.

There now seems to be a bit of a hoo har on the QVC page, singling out people who have posted on this thread and I think that's a real shame. Those who love the whole "angel" thing - great. Enjoy! But some people just don't want that and it seems that this seems to have overtaken QVC's page and has become rather cliquey. That's a shame. I'm sure no harm is meant, but the whole angel thing really isn't for everyone, which may stop some people "liking" the page.

I am also new to this site - so hello to everyone. I have read the page and can understand this forum not wanting a "them" and "us" situation, but from where I am sitting, it seems that that is exactly what the moderator is creating with the responses it is leaving about some posts and not others.

Still, to keep it on track.....I have signed the petition - am proud to have done it...it may not change anything but then, doing nothing wont either, will it?

I have a name, feel free to use to. :cheeky:

Dear Moderator,i'm sorry your reply is not satisfactory. We defend ourselves,whoever we are doesn't matter,wether angels or aliens,but you automatically stand up for your older members. Totally unfair & unjustifiable and sloane ranger thinks we're bitches? I'm sorry this seems very unfair,it seems that the bullies always win & those standing up for the defenceless are kicked in the teeth. Can you at least understand our point of view? Some of my friends were members here when "dippy one"posted but just passed it over but lets be honest you can only take so much. Can you at least understand my own personal point of view?

Delh we are friendly, but if you found out someone was spoutting rubbish about you on some form you would be a bit upset and would like the right to reply. I'm stuck inside most of the time and am alone if it weren't for my lovley girlies I would go days without another human to talk to. I cherish my girlies and will defend them til end of time and we are certainly not "clichy". I recently had a women rudly insult me and bad mouth me from another forum over the recipe for "dumplings" I had to block her from my friends list for her aggressive behaveour. If someone thought any of us Angels were out of line in any way surley they should just block the person instead of having a big carry on about nothing!

I don't "do" FB as have no interest in it but you're really not helping your cause by coming on here and sniping away at Sazza.

Just to put my two penneth in (though I'll probably wish I'd not bothered!). Please don't think I mean any disrespect to these "Angels" I don't. However not EVERYONE wishes to be a part of that. Surely a person should be able to "like" (or join) the QVC company page, in order to receive the QVC updates, see competitions and occasionally join in the chat, without having to be an "angel". It might not appeal to all and personally, (again no disrespect) doesn't appeal to me.

New "members" of the page are now being pointed out and welcomed to the page, which I'm sure some people love, but I'm sure not all. Some of us just want to "like" the page and that's that. When I "liked" the page last year, I received probably around 20 odd friend requests from the "angels". This made me feel rather awkward as I tend to only "friend" people I know. Many people make comments on their lives on Facebook (myself included) and I just don't feel comfortable "friending" strangers (again no disrespect meant!) but internet privacy is something I feel quite strongly about.

There now seems to be a bit of a hoo har on the QVC page, singling out people who have posted on this thread and I think that's a real shame. Those who love the whole "angel" thing - great. Enjoy! But some people just don't want that and it seems that this seems to have overtaken QVC's page and has become rather cliquey. That's a shame. I'm sure no harm is meant, but the whole angel thing really isn't for everyone, which may stop some people "liking" the page.

Hi Birdie,i can fully accept that not everyone wants to join in,we only spread new members names amongst us when the ask us to. Lots of folk enjoy our banter but don't join in,some obviously don't like it,fair enough,i accept that. There are over 19,500 members on the QVC page & i have aroud 150 as personal friends,so that leaves a lot of folk to themselves. I also understand that people are very wary of friending people they don't know. Live & let live,best wishes

Dear Moderator,i'm sorry your reply is not satisfactory. We defend ourselves,whoever we are doesn't matter,wether angels or aliens,but you automatically stand up for your older members. Totally unfair & unjustifiable and sloane ranger thinks we're bitches? I'm sorry this seems very unfair,it seems that the bullies always win & those standing up for the defenceless are kicked in the teeth. Can you at least understand our point of view? Some of my friends were members here when "dippy one"posted but just passed it over but lets be honest you can only take so much. Can you at least understand my own personal point of view?

Yes I do understand where you are coming from but you also need to understand ST.com's point of view.

Yourself and other "Angels" are welcome here as members of ST.com, but here you will be ST.com members, "Angels" don't come into it.

You have to accept that people here comment on what is said on the FB page just like we (ST.com) accept that we are mentioned on that page.

Delh we are friendly, but if you found out 1 someone was spoutting rubbish about you on some form you would be a bit upset and would like the right to reply. I'm stuck inside most of the time and am alone if it weren't for my lovley girlies I would go days without another human to talk to. I cherish my girlies and will defend them til end of time and 2 we are certainly not "clichy". I recently had a women rudly insult me and bad mouth me from another forum over the recipe for "dumplings" I had to 3 block her from my friends list for her aggressive behaveour. If someone thought any of us Angels were out of line in any way surley they should just block the person instead of having a 4 big carry on about nothing!

1.What rubbish was spouted? up until all the new members joined and turned this into a ST.com vs FB thread there was nothing that I could see that was "spouting" anything. In fact a link was posted to the petition for anyone who wanted to sign. The discussion was about the point of setting up a petition in the first place and what the likely consequences would be

2. well I'm sorry but I beg to differ cliquey is exactly what you are, just look at everyone jumping over here to defend some perceived slight to someone else

3. I'm sorry you had to deal with aggresive behaviour no one should feel they can be aggressive to anyone else on the internet wherever they are posting

4.Which is exactly what is going on here

we are "jumping" on here to defend ourselves, surley you would do the same if the boot was on the other foot. were have I been aggressive as you are pointing out that I am? I can gladly say all I am doing is defending us from what has been said about us before I even joined.

a few weeks back, there were nasty comments posted on FB about this site which i chose to ignore although felt rather peeved about it...seems to me swings and roundabouts!

Latest posts

Back