QVC Facebook "Angels" campaign agains't high P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I still maintain that it's the overall cost I tend to look at, so if it's cheaper with QVC inc the p & p, I will buy from them. The only difficult one can be Kanban TSV's and then the "upsells", as these can be difficult to cost as they are usually not yet available on the high street.

If the p & p costs are reduced, the item price will go up, as they certainly won't be prepared to lose money!

The P&P charges at QVC are way too high and it's a shame that QVC UK see the need to rip their loyal customers off. The petition may not succeed but good on the lady for at least trying. :)

I think the emailer would have gained a bit more credibility with the people at QVC who read it if she'd bothered to check her spelling & grammar before sending it.

I sent both emails, i have mild dislexia classed as special needs these days. Please do not be so quick to judge before you even know a persons circumstances. As both UK and USA have replied without commenting on my spelling or gramar, i do not think it is going to change anything.

Re petition for p&p change

No where in our petition do we say we will not shop at QVC nor do we ask this of any member weather they chose to sign the petition or not. Our aim is clear, we are unhappy with the current system of p&p, We do not see why a light item by normal post can cost more p&p than a larger item sent by parcel or currier post.

Thease are the facts and can be clearly read on the QVC FB page. Anything else is hearsay or made up.

Has anyone seen that a QVC Facebook "Angel" has started a campaign to get QVC to reduce the costs of P&P on Facebook. I think P&P charges are high but I just don't know what to make of the campaign. To be honest imo the QVC Facebook page is becoming more tedious by the day , it certainly has been hijacked by these "Angels". :yawn::down:

Why do some people have to judge and have a dig at others? Facebook QVC group are people brought together because of products sold... why have a go about them?

If you think 'Angels' are " tedious" there are millions of other sites which you can plague, I do not understand why people must have a pop at an individual or group just to be mean. If you haven't got anything positive to say... don't waste your breath and try to poison others.

Plus, if someone is trying to stop a company from ripping off its customers, good on them! :bow: , again, lovely put down regarding levels of English, but hey we can't all be perfect mortals and live up to your own high standards.

I think QVC make money from the p&p they charge and that it's a system they're unlikely to change until they lose considerable numbers of sales.

All credit to the person starting the petition and taking some action beyond having a moan; even though I suspect it's futile.

I like correct spelling and grammar but I had no problems understanding the email but I'd recommend using a spellchecker if it's a known problem.

I'm less bothered about the postage since I return things under the DSR where possible.

Jude xx

To be honest I've received a lot of my p and p back in terms of returning items I otherwise would have been stuck with, particularly make-up which hasn't worked for me. The high p and p is the price we pay for the 30 day MBG. If the make up was sold p and p free, but there was no MBG, it wouldn't tempt me to try it. Sometimes I've lost £10 on the 2 way p and p but at least I've trialled something, cut my losses, and not ended up with the guilt of it sitting in the back of a cupboard. I've even worn something, felt uncomfortable in it and returned it, couldn't do that with something from M and S. This is the main reason p and p is high.

Angels? Thats one for trade descriptions!

[ To be honest imo the QVC Facebook page is becoming more tedious by the day , it certainly has been hijacked by these "Angels". :yawn::down:[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more Dippy! Since when have Angels used broomsticks? On the rare occasion I have looked at the QVC FB page it's usually dominated by these self opinionated dictators who continuously back stab, bitch at presenters/guests/other FB users.

There is nothing angelic about a bunch of people who clearly have nothing better to do than hang around on Facebook, trying to take over a page that is there for the use of all "fans" - I think a lot of people will steer clear from it as a result and QVC would be best advised to re-think their page set up or at least monitor it more efficiently and remove more of the lewd/crude/downright offensive posts that these "people" insist on publishing.

If they need to express themselves in that manner why not set up a page for their own entertainment and perhaps use the QVC page for more constructive comment.

And before I get shot down in flames (a customary method by the "Angels") I do recognise that not all of them are like this, there are a few who do things for charities and they should be applauded for that, but to allow the others to hide behind them thereby tarring all Angels with the same brush should not be stood for.

Who are these "Angels" and who decides if you warrant being one or not??

I fear that they are wasting their time with a petition as has already been said people have a choice whether to shop with QVC and if you choose to spend your hard earned cash with them then you also choose to accept their P&P policy. I predict that we will have a phase of presenters justifying the charges again but nothing will change.

I suppose those setting it up and those signing it will get some sort of self satisfaction that they are "doing something" but the reality is all they are doing is deluding themselves that they can actually influence a company as huge as QVC

In defence of QVC FB Angels.

Hi all,my name is Helen Martin and i am one of the FB Angels. I notice there is quite a lot of critisism of the group on these pages. Far enough,free country and everyone is enitled is their own opinion,just thought i'd share my point of view & a couple of facts. Fact1,anyone who posts on the page is considered an "angel",you don't have to "join". It started as a bit of a joke based on "charlie's angels" and has stuck. Fact 2,i have personaly spoken,on the 'phone to the people who run the page for QVC and they appreciate all the feedback,good or bad & enjoy all the banter. I have had nothing but kindness on this page and now have lots of "angels" as personal friends. They have been very supportive to myself through some difficult times. I am organising a charity night in aid of Breast Cancer Care in October to which over 50 angels will be coming from as far afield as Gateshead & Plymouth,i live in the midlands. Lots of people can't attend and they have asked me for some way to donate as they also want to help out. So I've organised an on-line raffle for them to take part in. I've had lots of offers of help & raffle pizes from the "angels" and so much moral support it's been overwhelming,i'm very touched. To me they feel like extended family. Yes every family has it's noisy members,quiet ones,shy ones,outspoken ones but in times of crisis,believe me a lot of "angels"are fighting some very hard health battles,we all pull together. No,we don't always agree,but i feel we do listen to other peoples opinions. Any group that can pull together in this way, hopefully raise a lot of money for a very worthwhile cause are ok by me!!!!!

I have no doubt that some "Angels" are wondeful, charitable, pleasant people, but most are bitchy, self opinionated and tend to gang up on individuals. Believe me I've friends who been on the receiving end of LL, TB, PAF, JMc, SS,JB to name a few who take great pleasure in stabbing with their poison feather tips.

It may have been a joke at the outrun, but it has now become a group within a group - only today there was a welcome message for a new Angel - obviously someone who had been invited into the coven! They seem to be drunk with "power" believing that they and they alone can change things - well Angels, do something about the VAT, finanical difficulties that this country is in and maybe your precious P&P will follow.:taphead:

In Defence of QVCUK Facebook Angels

Very well said Helen xxx
The QVC Facebook Angels and Charlie (QVC CS) are all delightful and we can post to the page either in agreement or choose to disagree on any subject without each other taking offence, unless of course somebody becomes very personal about a member or is very offensive.
We feel we have a right as a customer to make QVC aware of how we feel about their products and their service, hence the petition re the P&P, also to make it known if we feel the presenters are being misleading or not telling it exactly as it is and are deviating from the truth.
We 'Angels' contribute well to the page and it is always a lot of fun and never 'tedious' and neither have we 'hijacked' the page, we make the page and any QVC customer is welcome to comment.
Yes, we do rib the presenters and we will comment good or bad about our likes and dislikes and it is better that they and QVC are aware of what their customers feel and think in order to retain us as such.
As Helen mentioned she has organised a charity event in aid of Breast Cancer and with the help and assistance of the Angels and QVC and some of their suppliers, a lot of money will be raised for this very worthy cause.
'Angels' are the best and I am proud to be one and I adore all my 'Angel' friends and I enjoy being a QVC customer and I love to participate on their fb page.

hi sloane ranger,would be lovely if you could tell us who you are,instead of hiding!! I was the person who asked if we could welcome a new angel,the lady herself said she would like to join us. We don't "push" ourselves on people but we welcome anyone. I think you will find we don't use the QVC page as much as we used to,we chat on our own personal pages. I am Helen Martin & not ashamed of my views!!!!

Angels

Good for you Helen................I have found "The Angels" to be the most friendly group of all the people I have "met" on Facebook. I spend a lot of time alone and they are always there to share a laugh or offer some advice and often when I cannot sleep at 1am or even later someone is always ready for a giggle. Thank you all my Angel friends............longing for our "DOO" in October.

Here on ST we love getting new members, without members there would be no ST.com and we wouldn't have been around for the numerous years that we have, but we do not want a "them" and "us" situation developing on here.

Yes QVC have a page on Facebook and if the "Angels" have been setup from that page then so be it but they are a sub group of that page. Here on ST we are one, we don't have sub groups, we will not be having an "Angels" group and if people from "Angels" want to join here then that is fine as long as they are here to discuss Shopping Telly, don't come here and attack existing members.

People often pass comment on here about things said on the Facebook page and if it happens to be about the "Angels" then it is, just in the same way I have seen things that have been said on here mentioned over on the Facebook page, it works both ways.

Last edited:
just as an after thought "sloane ranger" there are 19,568 members of the QVC page,you say that most of them are bitchy but give clues to only 6!! Mmmmm 6 out of 19,568,my math isn't great but surely thats less than 1%? Helen Martin

Most of us Angels have a strong bond and help and support one another. I think maybe Dippy is clearly jelous of the bond us Angels have and to spend this much time slateing a good group of people shows that maybe your the bully and have a problem not the other way round. And if you don't like it don't read it! no one forces you to be a part of it thats your choice. If I spent as much energy into slatting people the way have I would get nothing done all day. Get a life!

Latest posts

Back