QVC Facebook "Angels" campaign agains't high P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm sorry Mrs James that happened to you, this the first time I knew about this site, I very rarley go on the Qvc fb page as most of the other Angels I speak to talk to me on my own page

a few weeks back, there were nasty comments posted on FB about this site which i chose to ignore although felt rather peeved about it...seems to me swings and roundabouts!

I saw some rather nasty comments too Mrs J...but chose to be mature and not respond.

I am also new to this site - so hello to everyone. I have read the page and can understand this forum not wanting a "them" and "us" situation, but from where I am sitting, it seems that that is exactly what the moderator is creating with the responses it is leaving about some posts and not others.

Still, to keep it on track.....I have signed the petition - am proud to have done it...it may not change anything but then, doing nothing wont either, will it?

Thankfully carole a has left this site, Sazza works so hard on ShoppingTelly.com and to be called "it" by a so called Angel is just disgusting.

As for QVC taking any notice of anything, well we are getting sooooo close to 2 Million page views a month, 1,915,739 in the last month and QVC wont even let us be an affiliate.

Having said that Dermot Boyd the CEO of QVC is a great asset and glad the previous CEO is now in Italy.

a few weeks back, there were nasty comments posted on FB about this site which i chose to ignore although felt rather peeved about it...seems to me swings and roundabouts!

Hi Mrs James,sorry to hear that. I think you will find that one of the people who posts negative comments on the QVC page about this forum is the same person who posts negative comments on this page about QVC!!!! Thats how all of this started,it's down to one sad person being 2 faced!!!! Most of us are lovely,in my opinion,as i'm sure that most of you are. We all just want to share our thoughts in a pleasant way,best wishes

Hi Mrs James,sorry to hear that. I think you will find that one of the people who posts negative comments on the QVC page about this forum is the same person who posts negative comments on this page about QVC!!!! Thats how all of this started,it's down to one sad person being 2 faced!!!! Most of us are lovely,in my opinion,as i'm sure that most of you are. We all just want to share our thoughts in a pleasant way,best wishes

That is rather a sweeping allegation.

That is rather a sweeping allegation.

Sorry Sazza,i know who the person is,so its not an allegation but sadly the truth. There are always people out there who seem to want to spoil things for everyone else. Reading a lot of threads on here i have to say things seem to be very negative all round to QVC. When this comes to products,this is no problem what so ever as poor quality or value should always be pointed out. However,there do seem to be a lot of negative comments about the presenters themselves. Yes we get that onthe QVC page too & i have in the past defended some of the presenters,i feel these attacks are unworthy. I would like to defend them on here too but have to say i feel very threatened. Ok,you may say that's because of the stance i have taken,fair enough. However,on the threads from long ago there has been a lot of personal attack on presenters and when anyone has tried to defend them they have been shouted down by others. One wonders how these people who call others,fat,skinny,ugly,etc would feel if their child was being attacked in this way? I just feel that the comments overall on this forum are personal & negative. I feel as the moderator you should possible point this out. I want to have fun & share my thoughts in a good natured way. I believe that sadly this is not the forum for me. Thank you for letting me air my views.

Not bitches? So having a pop at Catherine, Debbie F, Julia and anyone else who doesn't fit your criteria doesn't constitue as bitching! Oh and by the way My name is also Helen Martin which is primarily why I use a different name - wouldn't want to be mistaken for the other!!!! The initials used (to protect the not so innocent) were just a handful that my friend has encountered - I didn't want to flood the page and subsequently publicise your cause further. Sazza does a brilliant job here and I want to applaud that wholeheartedly.

Suggest you angels get back on your broomsticks and polish up your halos - QVC probably has a product you can use providing the P&P is to your liking!

Well, for what it's worth I think that the petition is a great start, it might not work, but it might do - and at the very least it will mean people get to vent about a particular area if QVC that is a bugbear for many. I've signed it and am happy to admit I've done so.

With regard to the other issues, I am a member of the QVC Facebook page, and view it a lot but rarely post, only reason being that I was a member here first and know more folks. In terms of comments etc I honestly don't think it is any worse or better than here. Every Internet forum/discussion board has it's goodies and it's bad pennies, there's little difference. People use that place to vent - just as we do here, there's room for both to
exist in my view.

Fair play for organizing the petition and well done. We should all at least try and get along, there is room for all of us and our differing opinions :nod:

Sorry Sazza,i know who the person is,so its not an allegation but sadly the truth. There are always people out there who seem to want to spoil things for everyone else. Reading a lot of threads on here i have to say things seem to be very negative all round to QVC. When this comes to products,this is no problem what so ever as poor quality or value should always be pointed out. However,there do seem to be a lot of negative comments about the presenters themselves. Yes we get that onthe QVC page too & i have in the past defended some of the presenters,i feel these attacks are unworthy. I would like to defend them on here too but have to say i feel very threatened. Ok,you may say that's because of the stance i have taken,fair enough. However,on the threads from long ago there has been a lot of personal attack on presenters and when anyone has tried to defend them they have been shouted down by others. One wonders how these people who call others,fat,skinny,ugly,etc would feel if their child was being attacked in this way? I just feel that the comments overall on this forum are personal & negative. I feel as the moderator you should possible point this out. I want to have fun & share my thoughts in a good natured way. I believe that sadly this is not the forum for me. Thank you for letting me air my views.

Here on ST.com we have always said the forum is to discuss all things shopping telly and that ncludes the presenters so of course there is going to be positive and negative comments. Presenters put themselves in the public eye so comments will be made.

Graham and I have said this so many times we must sound like broken records!!!

So do not tell me how to be a moderator.

we are "jumping" on here to defend ourselves, surley you would do the same if the boot was on the other foot. were have I been aggressive as you are pointing out that I am? I can gladly say all I am doing is defending us from what has been said about us before I even joined.

I'm sorry where exactly did I say you were being aggresive? What I said was

3. I'm sorry you had to deal with aggresive behaviour no one should feel they can be aggressive to anyone else on the internet wherever they are posting

I dont see that anyone needed "defending" until people chose to join this forum exclusively to post in this thread.

As I have already said this thread was not about the so called QVC angels it was about a petition and the likely consequences it is those self same "angels" who are turning this thread into an attack on ST.com members supposed attacks for what purpose I am not at all sure

I have been a member of ST.com for many years. This is the only internet forum i regulary choose to visit and the reason is that i am able to state my opinion,wether supporting the thread subject or not and feel save in doing so. I personally find the comments made on ST.com generally balanced, i say generally because there is the odd occasion when things get out of hand and this is when Sazza or Graham step in and reinforce the website's terms and conditions. Like the "FB Angels" i enjoy my membership of ST.com,as they do FB and would miss visiting it, if it were not here,but i would never go onto their webpage(FB) and make comments about its members or moderator/owner and not expect to be given guidance/advice from the moderator(s). I understand that,like all things internet, there are good and "bad"(people who like to stir) people on it and i'm sure that the "FB Angels" are generally good people who are trying to get the P&P charges on QVC reduced - i agree with your petition and hope you have success with it but please respect our(yours and mine) ST.com forum. Lastly,please note that,as a long standing member(there are many of us) i would like to give my support to Sazza who is a briliant moderator - always firm but very fair and a fantastic shoppingtelly detective and friend who is always happy to help - thank you.

I agree with Helen, this is not a place that I have any desire to frequent either. Keep your Dippy's and Sloane Rangers as you are welcome to them!

Oh blimey, this has really kicked off hasn't it? :sad:

I would have thought that there would be a large overlap between people who post on QVC's FB page and people who post here because of having an interest in QVC in common.

Can't we all just try and get along? :sun:

Well, this thread has reinforced the reason that I'm not on Facebook and nor do I have any intention of being. If you post anything online that is open to public viewing it lays you open to 'public' comment and, in the case of some of the posts in this thread, less than constructive comment.

I do agree with 'freedom of speech' but there are ways of expressing oneself other than resorting to personal attacks (in my opinion.)

Sazza and Graham do a sterling job on here and act very fairly and it's not an easy job. I'm a moderator on another large forum and have to 'exercise' the same fairness that it shown on here to posters.

As someone said .... we have a common interest in QVC and all its 'quirks,' so shouldn't we be singing from the same, or similar, hymn sheet?

And, as an aside .......... QVC do need to think about the P&P. In a lot of cases the figures just don't add up to equate to 'Value.'

I have always told my children that they SHOULD NEVER POST ANYTHING that they wouldn't say to someones face. It is way to easy to "hide" behind user names and go round saying things you know will upset others.
WE are all grown ups here and if our children where squabbling like this in the play ground we would bang there heads together, to get them to stop.
This whole thread has gotten out of hand and several of the posters should be ashamed of them selves.
I had my say on QVC's P&P and wish others had stuck to the original topic of the thread.
Karen

I have always told my children that they SHOULD NEVER POST ANYTHING that they wouldn't say to someones face. It is way to easy to "hide" behind user names and go round saying things you know will upset others.
WE are all grown ups here and if our children where squabbling like this in the play ground we would bang there heads together, to get them to stop.
This whole thread has gotten out of hand and several of the posters should be ashamed of them selves.
I had my say on QVC's P&P and wish others had stuck to the original topic of the thread.
Karen

Awesome post - some sense at last!! :sun:

Rich

Sorry to bring up a "old" thread but to address the "Angels" who have hijacked this thread and forum. Yes it was me who started the thread in the name of "dippy one" but I'm NOT sorry for the rant about the facebook page as I have felt this way about the "clique" since Christmas 10. Why should I leave if I felt this way despite one of my former "friends" asking this on my wall.

I'm extremely angry , annoyed and upset that you have put 2 and 2 together and got 530 by saying that I told someone to "sort their spelling out". My 6 year old son has to have extra lessons in School helping him with his spelling. I have NEVER once told Joshua to sort his spelling out and I'm not going to start telling another forumite to do the same , so please stop spreading hurtful bulls*** about me.

Also these "angels" have declared that I am the member "Sloane Ranger" , Me and Sloane Ranger are TWO different forum members and I would like the sloane ranger to clarify this... I also haven't named names on this thread so that's more bullshine from the "angels".

For me this is the end of the matter and I've put my side of the story on here. Now please let me start to get back to commenting on here without having to look over my shoulder (I feel a song coming on) In fear of these intimidating cliquey "Angels" I prefer to call them BULLIES.

Latest posts

Back