Best Balm/oil cleanser

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

W

White Russian

Guest Shopper
I'm coming to the end of my Decleor cleanser and am in the market for a good balm or oil based cleanser to balance my combination skin. I really like Eve Lom's cleanser, although I'm conscious that it contains mineral oil, and I can't decide whether to try the AD Skin Synergy balm or Sarah Chapman's cleanser. I've tried the Darphin cleansing balm before which was perfectly good, but not amazing enough to re-purchase at £54. I've also seen that Ren do a natural cleansing balm that's much cheaper than all of these. Can anyone recommend a good one?

I like the Boots Botanic cleansing balm for around £7 but sorry not sure of the ingredients off the top of my head...does a good cleaning job and leaves my skin feeling soft & smooth tho.

:hi: I'm currently using Emma Hardie and the REN one is on my birthday list for next month so fingers crossed! I really like the Emma Hardie one, and it's been very beneficial for my skin.

Balm cleansers are a step up from any other type of cleansers, in my opinion, because you have to put a little effort and time in. (Not much time and effort, but you can't just slap it on and instantly rinse it off.)

I also like Nude Cleansing Facial Oil which is a liquid rather than a solid balm.

I'd like to try the AD Synergy one myself, but I avoid Sarah Chapman products since they were disingenuous about their ingredients.

Ingredients are important. products can only do what the marketing blurb says they can do if they have the right ingredients in them.

Companies being shifty about it what's in their products just makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

But anywaaaaay.... *steps surreptitiously back off her soapbox* :blush:

I'm really interested as well folks, my skin is pretty stressed at the mo, spots and red patches, I'm using LE C&P but not loving it, it isn't annoying my skin but not helping it much either. I'm on a tightish budget these days and have never really thought of using a balm before, need help controlling this spotty, oily skin of mine.

Neither are available from QVC but I love Neal's Yard Beauty Balm which I think is 99% organic. Smells heavenly. Price is about £35.

I've also had a small trial size of ESPA's cleansing balm and that was wonderful. I haven't used it regularly and I'm not sure on the ingredients. Price is probably about £50.

I'm coming to the end of my Decleor cleanser and am in the market for a good balm or oil based cleanser to balance my combination skin. I really like Eve Lom's cleanser, although I'm conscious that it contains mineral oil, and I can't decide whether to try the AD Skin Synergy balm or Sarah Chapman's cleanser. I've tried the Darphin cleansing balm before which was perfectly good, but not amazing enough to re-purchase at £54. I've also seen that Ren do a natural cleansing balm that's much cheaper than all of these. Can anyone recommend a good one?

Hi, White Russian !

I wouldn't choose Eve Lom because of the mineral oil, :down:
and I wouldn't choose Sarah Chapman because of all the silicones she puts everywhere, even in her cleanser. :down:

I know you're aking for a balm or oil, but I think the best cleanser I have ever used is Elemis Pro-Radiance cream cleanser. :up::heart:
It's a very "heavy" cream that comes in a pump. You massage it on your skin, wait for one minute, then take it off with a cloth. It's for all skin types. It doen't have any mineral oil or silicone and it contains moringa peptides which are great on my skin !

The price for 150ml is 27.75+3.95 for 1 :
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.229558.cm_scid.ItemNumberSearch
But it's less expensive if you try it in the duo for 41.50+4.95
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.220104.cm_scid.ItemNumberSearch
If it doen't suit your skin, you can always send back the duo, but if you like it, you'll have paid less for each pump !

The ingredients are :
Water (Aqua), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Glycol Palmitate, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Stearate, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopherol, Limonene, Tromethamine, Linalool, Methylisothiazolinone, Dextrin, Morinda Citrifolia Fruit Extract, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Extract, Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract.

:flower::flower::flower:

The Elemis Pro Rad is excellent and even takes off heavy duty eye makeup. I have roseaca and it does not annoy my skin. Mind Eve Lom does not annoy my skin either(appart from the mask which I used to love, but no longer loves me), I have tried other balms and really nothing beats Eve Lom. Mineral oil or not. Even earth mother Liz Earle has parabens in her products. :wonder: The thing is one will say oh mineral oil is the anti christ of beauty products and another will not have a problem using it. Like lanolin which is the main ingredient in the natural brand Balance Me on QVC last night.

NUDE Skincare Cleansing oil is lovely and I have even used it with the Clarisonic. The cheeky so and so have now made the size smaller it used to be like 200mls and lasted for a year!!!! Now only comes in a 100ml size. I still have a larger one unopened from SpaceNK's sale.:wink:

I've used Liz Earle, Eve Lom, Elemis, Decleor, Sarah Chapman and AD Skin Synergy.

I used to love Liz Earle's C&P unconditionally but since changing the formula, somehow it just doesn't seem to suit me anymore.
Decleor - stung my face and can't use around the eyes
Eve Lom - nice enough, but not at that price
Sarah Chapman - I liked it, no probs on my skin but depends on how you feel about the silicones used in her products
Elemis - have to agree with other comments, it does the job and I like it more than C&P

However, I really, really love the AD Skin Synergy range - it is a nice balm which melts into the skin, no irritants, leaves my skin feeling moisturised. I have excema prone skin with allergic flare ups on my eye lids/mouth area and this stuff has never once brought me out in any kind of rash. It gets my top marks closely followed by Elemis!

I really like Cleanse & Polish and quite liked the Elemis one but I wouldn't say either of those was a balm or an oil cleanser.

And when my skin went haywire I couldn't use anything when my skin was really bad but the one I risked first was the Neals Yard one and it was so gentle and easy to use. I tried C&P and it made my skin scream. Now my skin is back to normal I can use most anything.

Still my purpose for waffling is that neither C&P or Elemis are strictly speaking a balm or an oil cleanser. Which is what the OP is looking for.

Still my purpose for waffling is that neither C&P or Elemis are strictly speaking a balm or an oil cleanser. Which is what the OP is looking for.[/QUOTE]

I know...its so easy to go off track though! :mysmilie_847:

Still my purpose for waffling is that neither C&P or Elemis are strictly speaking a balm or an oil cleanser. Which is what the OP is looking for.

I know...its so easy to go off track though! :mysmilie_847:[/QUOTE]

Isn't it just! I go off topic more often than not. :hi:

Well,I never thought anything would top my beloved Cleanse & Polish but am currently using AD Skin Synergy & have to say it's wonderful.
The smell is to die for,it melts into the skin even though at first it seems quite oily & my skin feels like silk afterwards.
It was on sale on Brand Alley today for £13 but sold out quickly (I got mine there the last time it was on sale) but BA has it on every few months so maybe keep an eye out for it.

Thanks everyone! I'm going to try the AD Skin Synergy balm. I read that the Vaishlay cleansing balm did very well in the Green Beauty Bible and fancied trying that one because one of the editors said it was her favourite cleanser. When she was on QVC recently she said she now uses Sarah Chapman's cleanser, which I tried in Space NK yesterday and it did feel a little silicone heavy, so if Vaishlay's is not as good as Sarah's I should probably give it a miss. The problem is they're all so expensive you'd bankrupt yourself trying them all!

BTW I forgot to say if you go to Neals Yard they will give you free samples to try. If you wish to try of course. :happy:

:hi: I'm currently using Emma Hardie and the REN one is on my birthday list for next month so fingers crossed! I really like the Emma Hardie one, and it's been very beneficial for my skin.

Balm cleansers are a step up from any other type of cleansers, in my opinion, because you have to put a little effort and time in. (Not much time and effort, but you can't just slap it on and instantly rinse it off.)

I also like Nude Cleansing Facial Oil which is a liquid rather than a solid balm.

I'd like to try the AD Synergy one myself, but I avoid Sarah Chapman products since they were disingenuous about their ingredients.

Ingredients are important. products can only do what the marketing blurb says they can do if they have the right ingredients in them.

Companies being shifty about it what's in their products just makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

But anywaaaaay.... *steps surreptitiously back off her soapbox* :blush:

im with this mady myself too.......paraben free etc etc etc..........smells devine too

There maybe something on this site (they no longer charge to use the site)

http://www.beautypedia.com/BestProductsDetails.aspx?bcid=3

Interesting how much cheaper Boots products are in US (rip off Britain strikes again)

The trouble with this site, its own by Paula Begoun(sp), who has her own range to push. Hates anything with natural ingredients, anything natural is a crime against humans. they are all poison and will hurt and damage you. Really I admit getting emails from her. Oh and as its an American site some products are different from here and there. Strangely the FDI who approve ingredients have been known to ban items safely used here and European and vice versa with our version of the FDI.

she does not like elemis does she.

interesting though what she says about the irritation factor very highly scented range. smells are really lovely but my nose likes this range more than my skin lol!

I use the Boots No7 one and it only cost me about £3 with one of their £5 skincare vouchers x

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back