Cleanse & Polish / hot cloth cleansers. Do they work?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am using the Superdrug hot cloth cleanser and although it has a different smell to C & P (no eucalyptus) in my opinion it's just as good at a fraction of the price.

This is what I now use, having used for many years Liz Earle, Elemis Pro Radiance and the balm and Emma Hardie Moringa balm. It's as good as anything! I use the muslin that comes with it alongside white face flannels. It's always on offer and 100% cruelty free - as are all Superdrug own brand products.

There are two reasons for double cleansing (which is a night-time only thing)...

1) if you used sunscreen and don't want spots, get double-cleansing!
2) if you have worn makeup (if you take off your eye makeup with a dedicated eye makeup remover, you can count that as one of your cleanses).

I like the sound of the Superdrug one. It sounds affordable. But then I like the idea of the Liz Earle one as I like Eucalyptus. They have eucalyptus in the steam room at my gym and it's always nice and calming. I might try the Superdrug one, but I might try and persuade someone in Selfridges to give me a free sample of the Liz Earle one. I'd like to try it.

I like the sound of the Superdrug one. It sounds affordable. But then I like the idea of the Liz Earle one as I like Eucalyptus. They have eucalyptus in the steam room at my gym and it's always nice and calming. I might try the Superdrug one, but I might try and persuade someone in Selfridges to give me a free sample of the Liz Earle one. I'd like to try it.

I've tried both the Superdrug ones - I especially like the Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser, (the toner that matches this is lovely too!), which is quite rich & smells perhaps more feminine, though not floral, whereas eldest DD, who has rather problem skin, prefers the Naturally Radiant Hot Cloth Cleanser, which I think smells more herby & unisex! (It has definitely improved her skin too!)

Also, for anyone else considering these, all SD's own products are cruelty free & have the leaping bunny logo!

:nod:

Latest posts

Back