Attempt of refusal of refund if 50+% of product used under 30 day MBG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Last year (or it might have been the previous year) I got some plants from QVC, they had come via Guernsey so not far to travel to me, and they were alsmost dead when they arrived, I managed to bring two back to life, they were about £10. I rang QVC who told me not to return them and they would refund, I waited and complained 3 or four times, I never got a refund. I know this is slightly different but basically they inferred that I'd killed the things. I gave up in the end and it was a small amount. Ok they were not returned but they told me not to return them! I have never bought plants from them again.

I hope it all gets sorted missy, I gave up as it as a small amount, but I'd be going mad too if I was you!

I'm Curious

whether you get the standard Sue Roscoe letter with your label. Second line reads, "You may of course, return it." Or, maybe you will get a personalised one. Certainly one expects that QVC should now handle your return swiftly and without complications, even a Good Will £ to your account?

Well .... the return label didn't arrive this morning .. 2 days now since it should have been despatched a short distance for delivery.

You can bet I was straight on that phone .. and was told that yes the PP label had been despached on Thurs, but that all the post goes by 2nd class mail ... I did state my shock as this was in connection with a serious complaint ... the operative apologised (after all isnt her fault), but that is their standard practice.

So, Monday its here ... if not I shall send by RM, and put in an invoice for the 2nd amount of postage Ive had to pay in resolution of the matter.

I'm hopping mad about the whole manner in which this has been handled ... absoutely disgraceful .. award winning customer svcs ... what a dubious claim !!

Again, I can't thank you all enough for the support and encouragement you have given me ... it really has helped keep me from total meltdown !!

Missy xxx

I wonder whether, in place of a genuine apology, you'll get the mythology of the "thank you for highlighting this training issue" BS? Or most likely a refund and nothing?

Jude xx

So, Monday its here ... if not I shall send by RM, and put in an invoice for the 2nd amount of postage Ive had to pay in resolution of the matter.

Missy xxx

i'd rethink that plan.
it will put you in a tenuous position of having neither the goods (albeit leaky/useless grease) nor the refund, and even further expense. you will also have gone "off-piste" in terms of their procedures which is bound to cause further complications and delay.

Regardless of how close you are to them geographically, your letter has probably gone to eastern europe to be sorted and is on its way back.
Just keep ringing them. At the same time i'd look up that e-mail address of the CEO that someone had luck with last week and drop him a line.

MissyMissFabulous

thanks for the update. Q know this is a snowball gaining momentum ie:5700 views, and should be handling your return quickly as we are all following this thread. IMO? tut-tut!

CEO is Dermot Boyd [email protected] that always gets em jumping. :grin:

So the dilemma now is whether to tell him that the complainant has a thread running on here thats attracted 6000 views so far, risk pissing him off and getting no help, or whether to tell in the hope that Dermie will handle the matter in such an exemplary way as to make Q come out of it looking good. What would you do?

Good luck Missy! I have never heard of this 50% rule either and I've been watching QVC for donkey's years. I have though lost track of the number of times they have told us that you can use it for 30 days and empty the pot!

I seem to be in a minority - I've had nothing but exemplary Customer Service from QVC, but if ever I was called and told "on this occasion" I'd tell them to stuff their Occasions where the sun don't shine and I'd cancel my account forthwith.

MissyMissFabulous

I agree with the advice to do-everything-by-the-book. I would add, let the Q minions get on with the return and see how long the refund takes to process. In the meantime, take a back seat and let it go (deep sigh!). Then with your refund in your pocket, email the CEO stating your feelings as to how you have been treated and this is an opportunity for Q to make things right so this doesn't happen again to another loyal Q customer. Include the link(s) which are a well-documented timeline. Then let him get-on-with-it. My Human Resources Management degree is so old, it's called Personnel! So my perspective is how-to-make-it-better. When the poopadoop hits the fan, it'll come from both the top and the bottom, and settle where it should. Customer services, returns management, policy|procedures, legal, CEO and HR Training, to mention a few, should be involved. And USA|Italy|Germany|Japan with their policy&procedures should be reviewed/amended as well. Anyway, that's how a-long-in-the-tooth Snarly sees things ...

What would happen if you bought the pack with 60 elemis bliss capsules
where you use 2 each day for a month does that me you could only use it for 2 weeks
or else you would have used more than half of them?

hope you get a full refund soon MMF

trial sizes, miniatures, try me, doll sizes? You would go through more than 50% of those itty-bitty, teensie-weenie tubes within the 30dmb, surely!
Hmmm.

Yes, but those are sample sizes and not worth £209. It is also the kind of size that salons give out for free, and people are frankly daft to pay for. I'm sure QVC and the beauty brands make 100% profit on 'try me' promotions.

Yes, but those are sample sizes and not worth £209. It is also the kind of size that salons give out for free, and people are frankly daft to pay for. I'm sure QVC and the beauty brands make 100% profit on 'try me' promotions.

Trial size/ full size; gallons/ tiny samples; expensive/ reasonable - is it all the same i.e. use more than 50% within the 30 days & you might not get a refund?
Q has to come clean about this.

Trial size/ full size; gallons/ tiny samples; expensive/ reasonable - is it all the same i.e. use more than 50% within the 30 days & you might not get a refund?
Q has to come clean about this.

I'm sure it could be applied mathematically. 15ml is about a month's worth ... the best part of 50ml definitely isn't.

DingleDangle

Yes, and I was one of those dafties who ordered a try-me-size bundle. Couldn't believe the item size when received, felt stupid and back it went. Wiser, I watched presentations noting a) they use a magnifying camera, b) the presenters don't state the actual size and c) they don't put their hand near the product-in-shot so you cannot gauge its real size. Yet they are quick to point out the litre size shampoos etc. And now, us dafties speak up to advise others via this forum. Bringing us full-circle to the question of principle and precedent ie; Has someone returned and received a refund of a try-me size with 50%+ used, within the 30dmb? The same principle applies to a £30 try-me kit or a £209 item irregardless of size. 50% is 50% - it will be interesting to see how the goalposts change.

Snarly ... when sizes differ in separate kits over the same trial period 50% can NEVER be 50%. Think of it like this - 15ml is 30 days, 30ml is 60 days etc. It would therefore be totally acceptable and fair to QVC if someone used up a 15ml sample within 30 days. A 50ml sample within the same period = not so much.

I do believe the presenters mention the ml sizes during broadcast.

Bottom line --- useage within the 30dmb for a full refund should be a) less than 50%, b) less than ?ml, c) d) etc. As it stands, as far as WE knew, it is none of the above. That's the point. It should be: 1) QVC in-house documented - in Policy & Procedure and Terms & Conditions, and 2) verbal - stated by the presenters, and 3) written on the invoice received by the consumer :headbang:

Ah yes, but at the same time this is surely where personal responsibility/common sense kicks in? I would NEVER invite a mate/family member/partner to join in a trial of a product. QVC initially sold the product to a single account holder, and it should therefore be treated as such. To have two people trying out a single product out for 'free' is just taking the p*ss.

Latest posts

Back