L'Artisan 5 Piece Discovery Perfume Collection Try Me Price

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

just looked this one up cause I was thinking aren't the L'Artisans the really expensive ones. These are all "3ml" in size!!!, so presumably those little vials that you can get. If so, how on earth can they charge £4 P&P!! The'd be no weight at all to this item, I ordered a B&W brooch the other day and that was only £2+ postage!! Please bear in mind guys these are only 3ml each. Thanks for the prompt SCW can't wait to see this on-air. :O)

Hi Donna, spooky LOL, I've just looked them up too on that website too and they are indeed shown as in little black pots, although the fragrance selection is slightly different but how cute are they!!!!
3ml is a very little amount of content but at least they look better than the sample vials (like you get with Avon etc) which is what I imagined with that volume. I love little sets like this, fab christmas pressie too.

i love the look of them too. reminds me back in the 70's when you were given these as freebies. most days i would go home with carrier bags full of samples....how things change

Most samples are now only 1ml if you are lucky 1.5ml. I have two samples from the Guerlain boutique in Paris which are 2mls, they seem like giants beside the normal sort. Someone sent them to me as they got them free when buying in Paris.

I've just looked them up too on that website too and they are indeed shown as in little black pots, although the fragrance selection is slightly different but how cute are they!!!!
3ml is a very little amount of content but at least they look better than the sample vials (like you get with Avon etc) which is what I imagined with that volume. I love little sets like this, fab christmas pressie too.

I was sat in the doctor's waiting room one day & a lady in there had the most delightful perfume on, I just had to ask (& I never do this normally!) what it was - she didn't know, just that it was a small selection she received as a gift! (I meanly thought at the time it might be Avon or something & she didn't want to say but it it smelt too 'quality' for Avon, OK though some of theirs are....I wonder if there is a chance if could have been one of these, long shot I know.....!)

I wish I could describe the scent better as I bet Donna would have an idea, it was quite noticeable but the most heavenly, lightest, in a perfect garden on a calm day, floral scent ever......I think I might get these tiddlers just on the off chance it contains that wonderful fragrance, you never know.....! lol)

I was sat in the doctor's waiting room one day & a lady in there had the most delightful perfume on, I just had to ask (& I never do this normally!) what it was - she didn't know, just that it was a small selection she received as a gift! (I meanly thought at the time it might be Avon or something & she didn't want to say but it it smelt too 'quality' for Avon, OK though some of theirs are....I wonder if there is a chance if could have been one of these, long shot I know.....!)".

You may know of him already but I recently read about a British parfumier called Roja Dove - pronounced Roger, apparently - based in Harrods with a team of experts who can identify, track down and even replicate perfumes. I've just looked at the website and see there is a hefty charge for some of their services but I'm sure the article indicated that some of what they do is free. Presumably they can't make you pay for having a sniff at their extensive collection!

You may know of him already but I recently read about a British parfumier called Roja Dove - pronounced Roger, apparently - based in Harrods with a team of experts who can identify, track down and even replicate perfumes. I've just looked at the website and see there is a hefty charge for some of their services but I'm sure the article indicated that some of what they do is free. Presumably they can't make you pay for having a sniff at their extensive collection!

Aww, fank you! xx

Sadly I'm nowhere near Harrods but if I ever win the lottery I might just spend the odd coupla grand sniffing away at a few hundred possibles, as although I can't describe it well enough, I'm pretty sure I would know the scent again if I smelt it, it was that nice.........honestly, the stupid woman, is all her fault, who doesn't know what ruddy perfume they're wearing....arrgghh!
:headbang:

I have met Roja a few times, lovely man who worked at Guerlain for many years.

Some women will not tell you what they are wearing, yes the do know but go all vague when asked.

Might have been a Jo Malone or Antonia's Flowers(this one is a simple but lovely freesia based perfume.

Some women will not tell you what they are wearing, yes the do know but go all vague when asked.

Might have been a Jo Malone or Antonia's Flowers(this one is a simple but lovely freesia based perfume.

I'm not much of a perfume person (in as much as I like perfume but no nuffin' about it really!) but have smelt a few of the Jo Malone ones & don't think it was one of those, didn't seem to 'fit' IYKWIM but I will look out for the Flowers one! I kinda hope it is that, as it was so utterly delightful but on the other hand, I kinda hope it isn't, having just done a quick google & seen the price.......! :sad:

(The description fits, in as much as it was a complex yet very simplistic fragrance at the same time IYKWIM but it sounds the sort of thing that would appeal to me anyway, so I look forward to getting a whiff of it....somehow! lol) Ta! xx

Donna - I do hope you read this as you seem very knowledgeable about perfumes etc. In the mid 70s I was fortunate enough to attend a fashion show at the Guildhall in the City of London and it featured leather clothing by the Spanish company Loewe. We were given goody bags that contained full sized bottles of their edt - their first and only at that time. It was DIVINE!! I used it for many years until it became unavailable but I would recognise it in an instance.

I've searched for it here, on the Spanish mainland and in the Canaries, looked at a website BurlyBear suggested to another forumite - all to no avail. I've been keeping the info on Roja Dove in case I get an opportunity to ask him or his team about it.

Disenchanted, this is from Basenotes directory.

http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancedirectory/?house=100523

The full list of Loewe fragrances.

It sounds like L de Loewe, which it says was revamped. Have you tried ebay?

Many fragrances are discontinued or revamped because ingredients are banned due to allergies and cost. They become weak and sad compared to their original release.

I was lucky to get Y by YSL edp 100mls (this is discontinued, only the edt and revamped now), on ebay for £21 last week. Its glorious.

Update::

From NST blog

will launch L Loewe, a new fragrance for women, and no relationship to their now-discontinued debut fragrance, 1972′s L de Loewe.

So sadly looks like it is discontinued. I suggest ebay. I did search UK ebay but nothing for the one you want. Whether ebay Spain might be better for it???

Last edited:
I use to wear an Aramis fragrance called JHL (the initials of Estee Lauder's husband) in the early eighties - it wasn't widely available and was rather expensive. It was discontinued yonks ago, then they brought it back a couple of years ago but it wasn't the same quality. Another fave from those days was Jules by Christain Dior. Haven't seen that for years.

Thank you for all that info Donna - I'm most grateful. I'll give eBay's Spanish site a go but I imagine that if any has survived all these years it might not be worth having now.

The main problem I had, and the reason I could never ask anyone else to look for it on my behalf, is that because it was Loewe's first fragrance it didn't have a name! It must have been named retrospectively and then disappeared soon afterwards.

Hello Disenchanted, if this is a perfume from Jo Malone my guess would be that it's Nectarine&Honey or English Pear which I both have and love.
They do little samples on their website and perhaps the lady didn't know what it was because they are hard to read what they are. There's also a Jasmine perfume and Basil that may be it. I hope you have a Jo Malone counter in your area so you could go and try them.
Please do let us know when you find your perfume, I'm most intrigued and it sounds right up my street, I want one too now :) And the Spanish one too.

BY THE WAY (!!!)
I heard JF not so long ago in the beginning of the hour when she thought she was off camera she was saying to the guest in a reply to his complement to her perfume "This is Jo Malone and I don't wear anything else but it's a No-No on QVC" Has anyone heard this???

Last edited:
I hate it when they discontinue or re-formulate perfume. My motto is if it aint broke then don`t fix it. My 2 all time favourites have both been re-jigged since I began wearing them years ago ( Quelques Fleurs and Samsara ) and it can be so risky buying vintage stuff. A friend of mine paid a small fortune for some vintage Chanel ( No 22 I think it was ) and when she received it, it was vile, gone off. I`ve seen a few people on Ebay selling vintage perfumes who are now putting disclaimers into their ads saying along the lines we cannot guarantee the condition of this perfume etc.
Jo Malone do some nice floral fragrances, as do Floris, Penhaligons do a tester case full of little phials so the perfume you smelled could have been one of theirs and Ormonde Jayne do the same thing, possibilities are endless I suppose. I hope you find out which perfume it was and if you do then I also hope it smells as lovely on you. My sister has worn nothing but the original Miss Dior all of her adult life, she`s 64 now and still wears it. It smells gorgeous on her, a smell I envy and yet on me it turns into an evil disinfectant type pong !

My sister has worn nothing but the original Miss Dior all of her adult life, she`s 64 now and still wears it. It smells gorgeous on her, a smell I envy and yet on me it turns into an evil disinfectant type pong !

Isn't that annoying! When I was young, I would "borrow" my mum's Arpege after she and my dad had gone out for the evening and she had been wearing it. Smelt like unneutered cat's piss on me.....and made me ultra fussy about the perfumes I have chosen as an adult.

Latest posts

Back