An ironing board? What's that?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nora

Registered Shopper
Just watching our Renee and she said she didn't know what an ironing board was??:giggle: She has 'someone in to do her ironing' and then Carmel said 'there you go a lady with attitude' no dear, a lady with money lol I am jealous really

I just posted a similar comment on the 'Fit Model' thread. I get fed up of her to be honest, every time she is on, "Whats an iron?", or once she said "I don't own an iron".

I have someone who irons all DHs shirts! Im not rich but its not that expensive - i get 15 shirts and a duvet cover done for £12. It cost me a darn sight less than going every 2 weeks to a chiropractor becasue my back was getting in a mess ironing!! Everything else i give a quick tumble and fold

I think I remember what an iron is ... :thinking:
You have to fill it up with water and make repetitive back & fore movements don't you ...?
And it gets hot & comes with a board.
Yes, I vaguely remember ...

I don't mind ironing, thats not to say i would turn down the chance to have someone coming in doing housework and ironing! Never gonna happen!

I don't mind ironing, thats not to say i would turn down the chance to have someone coming in doing housework and ironing! Never gonna happen!

I think if I had a cleaning person Id probably clean before they came so they didnt think I was a dirty so and so :giggle:

But your own dirt is clean, it's only other people's that's horrible!!! I don't mind ironing, can't say I have a lot but it's not that tedious, what doesn't get done in 45mins gets left. Vaporesse is the way forward, smells lovely. I think it's always the thought of doing it that puts me off...more than the actual doing. Of the ironing;-)

But your own dirt is clean, it's only other people's that's horrible!!! I don't mind ironing, can't say I have a lot but it's not that tedious, what doesn't get done in 45mins gets left. Vaporesse is the way forward, smells lovely. I think it's always the thought of doing it that puts me off...more than the actual doing. Of the ironing;-)

I know what you mean, also I like the Laundress spray for ironing, smells lovely (god I sound boring)

Im one of those strange people who love ironing. Music on iron out lovely :wink:

Yes I don't mind really, (although I did say I was jealous earlier on) it would me nice just for once to open my wardrobe and find it done for me! Lol, I do mine everyday and find it keeps it down.:grin:

I know what an ironing board is :wink: but don't own one. I do have an iron, but can't remember the last time I used it. I do have a Tobi steamer which I wave around if I have to, but generally I spin clothes on low and hang them up (on grip to me hangers, of course :wink:) or put them in the tumbler and get them out at just the right moment so there aren't any creases. That's taken years of practice!

No one's said I look as though my clothes have been through a mangle (that dates me) so, for the moment, I'll keep washing/drying the way I've done for ages.

So ......... if not having an ironing board and not doing the ironing puts me on a par with Rene and her 'attitude,' so be it, because that's the only similarity as I certainly don't have her money.

I also don't like ironing. :wink:

My brother and SIL where over from Canada staying with me in August. My brother informed me that they don't iron, everything is tumbled dried and you don't need to iron!!!!

I don't own a tumble drier, hate ironing but do it. My friend who does have a tumble drier, still irons her families clothes.

I rarely use my tumble dryer. I do the shake & then peg under the armpits or from the waistband method or dry on the radiator method. Simples.
Since Himself retired and since my girls have left school, there are no shirts, there is no school uniform so I really do not need to iron.
If anyone complains, well the iron is under the sink & the ironing board is rusting in the garage, help yourself.
You just wouldn't believe the second opinions that crop up!

I quite like a bit of ironing. But have to admit that I have a wonderful cleaner who makes my life so much easier. I also have to admit I pay her to iron my son's work shirts. He moved out a year ago! I wash his work shirts and she irons them. The rest of his washing is down to him. Where's the embarassed face smiley when you need one?

Im one of those strange people who love ironing. Music on iron out lovely :wink:

I love ironing too!! But sadly for me it's when I do my QVC viewing too :eek:

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

I have a Polti steam generator iron, well worth very single penny of its extortionate price tag

It's fab, everything is ironed at the one temperature, yes silk and denim , and you just hold the steam button and lightly glide the iron over one side of your garment only, as the board is a mesh design that allows the steam to penetrate the fabric :wave:

Ooo Im getting excited

I have a Polti steam generator iron, well worth very single penny of its extortionate price tag

It's fab, everything is ironed at the one temperature, yes silk and denim , and you just hold the steam button and lightly glide the iron over one side of your garment only, as the board is a mesh design that allows the steam to penetrate the fabric :wave:

I quite like a bit of ironing. But have to admit that I have a wonderful cleaner who makes my life so much easier. I also have to admit I pay her to iron my son's work shirts. He moved out a year ago! I wash his work shirts and she irons them. The rest of his washing is down to him. Where's the embarassed face smiley when you need one?

Blimey Tinkerbelle his future wife will curse you!

I bet if I wore Renee's "designs" I wouldn't need an iron either- would burn a hole straight through that lovely itchy sweaty nylon stretchy sh*te...:whew:methinks I'll stick with the ironing!!!!

Latest posts

Back