An ironing board? What's that?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know what an ironing board is :wink: but don't own one. I do have an iron, but can't remember the last time I used it. I do have a Tobi steamer which I wave around if I have to, but generally I spin clothes on low and hang them up (on grip to me hangers, of course :wink:) or put them in the tumbler and get them out at just the right moment so there aren't any creases. That's taken years of practice!

No one's said I look as though my clothes have been through a mangle (that dates me) so, for the moment, I'll keep washing/drying the way I've done for ages.

So ......... if not having an ironing board and not doing the ironing puts me on a par with Rene and her 'attitude,' so be it, because that's the only similarity as I certainly don't have her money.

I also don't like ironing. :wink:

At least you know what an ironing board is :happy:

I am dangerous with an iron now. Seriously. I have arthritis in my hands & cannot grip the iron properly so I do send some of my ironing out. DH's shirts & anything too fiddly. I do have one of those pressers though & do t shirts, jeans etc.

I'm so glad I bought a steam press a couple of years ago, If I were to stand ironing for more than 20minutes I'd be suffering for days. Now I can stick the TV on and motor through a huge pile of ironing. I love the feel of smooth ironed sheets and duvet cover again, I'd given up on sheets before I got my steam press. (wear long sleeves and cotton gloves to avoid burns and the gloves help smooth the sheets).

I justified the cost by pointing out to Mr Akimbo how much a weekly ironing service would cost.

Jude xx

I am dangerous with an iron now. Seriously. I have arthritis in my hands & cannot grip the iron properly so I do send some of my ironing out. DH's shirts & anything too fiddly. I do have one of those pressers though & do t shirts, jeans etc.

I'm so glad I bought a steam press a couple of years ago, If I were to stand ironing for more than 20minutes I'd be suffering for days. Now I can stick the TV on and motor through a huge pile of ironing. I love the feel of smooth ironed sheets and duvet cover again, I'd given up on sheets before I got my steam press. (wear long sleeves and cotton gloves to avoid burns and the gloves help smooth the sheets).

I justified the cost by pointing out to Mr Akimbo how much a weekly ironing service would cost.

Jude xx

I only iron what I need and when I am going to use them now, because I find that I have to go over them quickly again before wearing, so I though I will save time.
I do still iron tea towels and I like the pillow cases to have that folded and ironed look, even if it says they don't need ironing.

I think it is something my LATTING partner (google it) uses to iron my shirts.

In return, I cut her grass and paint her walls, etc.

OK, google let me down! It means Living Apart Together ing, ie we have separate houses and our own space when we want it, otherwise we live together in one of the houses.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back