WEN Is Coming To QVC UK

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Fructis was just an example and although its called curly girl method any hair type can do it.

I'm really struggling to see what's different to using any silicone free conditioner to cleanse & condition? To be honest I'm best off not knowing!

Watching Chas explain, Wen has botanicals which sooth and help the scalp as well as treat the hair.

For a better idea simply watch on QVC UK the videos of the demo.

has anyone tried their Wen yet? In the interests of completeness I finally got around to trying the Tea Tree and it's okay, I didn't notice any specific benefits so I'll probably only repurchase the Almond Mint or maybe the Lavender.
As you'd expect it smells similar to the ABC Tea Tree body wash but with a slight wiff of something else. I really envy those posters on perfume websites who perfectly and precisely convey all the notes in a fragrance but you'll have to make do with me! As well as the tea tree there's definitely a mint or menthol element making it feel cold on my scalp, it's quite head-clearing. But some other note is lingering underneath which I'm not sure I like. It's not a strong dislike but it's quite smokey, a bit like lapsang souchong tea. I'm not keen on smoky flavours, don't like BBQ sauce, so don't let this put you off.
If you have a young daughter and the letters warning about head lice are starting to come home from school I think Wen would make the dreaded combing with conditioner easy and pain-free, and you could add few drops of real tea tree oil for extra oomf!

Like Jemima I read on a forum that people use conditioner to wash their hair . I have a thyroid problem and mine was seeming stripped even after washing with Philip Kingsley's sliver shampoo and conditioner . So for the past couple of washes I have been experimenting with just the conditioner . It's funny at first when it doesn't lather but my hair seems better . I have no idea whether Philip K's conditioner has silicone or not but I always have more conditioner left than shampoo so I am going to see what happens .I was dithering about buying Wen but it was on waitlist before I made my mind up .

I actually ordered direct from the Wen UK site and got the TRY Me kit, it arrived yesterday with the postie.

Phoned up straight away to cancel the auto delivery of the large kit, English call centre and no problems. I haven't actually tried yet, as I just washed my hair yesterday morning.

I would love to hear what others are thinking of WEN!

My experience so far:-

Thursday washed with 5 pumps, 6 pumps, 1 pump left on. Hair felt very nice. Blow dried with no static. My recently coloured looked different.....richer maybe???

I have a terribly reactive scalp and a list of stuff I am allergic to.....on my scalp, not my face, very odd.

Anyway I fully expected the WEN to make my scalp very itchy!!

It didnt.

It didnt STOP it itching, but it was calmer than usual, not horribly itchy.

My hair looked shiney and felt nice......hubby says it seemed to get shinier on Friday and Saturday.....

Couldnt resist washing it again today but I didnt NEED to.

Usually I would have washed it before going out as it would be limp and starting to look greasy but it didnt with WEN.

Washed it today with 6 and 6 pumps but none left in (to see if it made a difference).

Hair still feels soft and smooth, blow dried with no static but I dont think its as shiney......

Sorry to witter on but its damn expensive and I am hoping it might help someone else to decide whether to try it or not.

I'm really struggling to see what's different to using any silicone free conditioner to cleanse & condition? To be honest I'm best off not knowing!

If you colour your hair the silicone can prevent the colour from absorbing properly/efficiently, similar to face primers that 'coat' the face to stop makeup being absorbed :)

Another down side to silicone products happens when high temperature straighteners or tongs are used: the ends which have the longest history of heat exposure can exhibit colour build up in dark browns, the silicone ingredients heat seal the colour molecules into the hair shaft and nothing will remove it other than cutting. You've seen the kind of thing: a nice dark hair colour with almost black ends (which never occurs naturally). Then the next time a home colour is used the user either chooses a lighter brown shade or reduces the development time hoping this will rectify it resulting in "hot" roots (reddish roots), nice-looking mid lengths and the enduring black ends. Quite a few home hair colours have silicones in them ( they tend to be the ones plugging shine) and are best avoided if you use high heat tools regularly.

I washed my hair with Wen yesterday and had no option but to wash it again this morning. It was greasier than when I use my Liz Earle, totally stuck to my head, could have fried chips in it style. I do have very thin, fine hair, but it's never normally overly greasy, so I'm a bit confused.

I do have long hair, but it is very thin and fine, so I used 8 pumps for my first wash and 6 for my second. Hair was beautiful all day yesterday, manageable, super shiny and did have more volume (or at least it felt/looked that way), it's been the same today, although I will admit I used even less product this morning as 8 & 6 yesterday was too much, so it'll be interesting to see what my hair is like tomorrow morning.

I do love the scent though, it's definitely got a big hint of menthol in it and doesn't smell at all how I expected it too, I was expecting a hint of a marzipan scent with it being sweet almond, but it's not there. It is lovely to use, but right now I don't know if it'll be a repeat purchase as it's way too expensive if I have to use it everyday.

I've used WEN for every hair wash since I've received it. I have changed the number of pumps I have used 4/5/6 - more or less - and applied it twice each wash and still seem to get a good result with whatever amount I use. I don't use as many as suggested, though, and don't usually leave any in my hair. Yesterday, I used 4 pumps for the first wash and it started to feel squeeky clean - how on earth a conditioner can clean hair on it's own, I don't know - so I decided rather than wash again with it, I would leave 1 pump in, as a trial - and it's been fine again.

When I worked, I washed my hair daily but since retiring, wash it on alternate days or very, very occasionally have left it for 3 days ( if not going out), never longer. I can't say my hair is anymore greasy with WEN than it is when using other shampoo. To be honest, I can't get my head round it but am still experimenting with it

It sounds like many are using it and saying it works ok. No-one has said that their hair is better than with a normal shampoo.So unless the hair has better results with WEN, what's the point? It is very expensive and sounds like a lot of faff. So unless you get beautiful results straight away then it has gimmick written all over it. The models on the Q didn't look amazing either. If it is just free of foaming agents then use Aveda Shampure instead. (unless Estee Lauder or whichever company has bought it has changed the formulation.)

Last edited:
There's an interesting thread on Qvc US Community entitled 'What WEN products are you using today' particularly if you have long hair..... it's worth reading.

I have a v. short haircut and used 2 pumps initially, then I just used 1 pump before my bath, leaving it on whilst I relaxed and read a mag. then rinsed still squeaky ...... that's it.... not even a 2nd application. I like the fact I don't need to use conditioner and my hair is soft and sits well.........having said all that, yesterday, after reading on here about using just conditioner only, I 'washed' my hair with the step 2 of the Hairfix set only..........with the same result!!!

My hair is a tangle nightmare, I had a cut and blow dry yesterday and it took the girl who washed and conditioned my hair and also applied a deep treatment, 20 minutes to comb it before the cutting could start. Years ago I used to suggest I'd comb it for them, because I'm quicker and less cautious. So I'd say Wen works for me because it's easy to comb through with the Wen on it and stays untangled after rinsing.

That said I'll have a try with ordinary conditioners though.

Mine is better in as far as:-

It feels wonderfully smooth.

It was much more shiny when I left one pump in.

Not as shiny without a pump in but shinier the next day.......cannot fathom that.......hubby said after my 1st WEn use it seemed to get shinier each day.......

My terrible itchy scalp is no worse using WEN and actually a bit calmer.

And a big plus for me, no static or fly away hair when using WEN.

I wash and use one of those big brush roller things and usually after conditioner and a leave in product of some sort, it is still extremely fly away and full of static.

But not with WEN.

I washed on Saturday and I am going out today without re washing......usually I would be washing every other day at least.

But it IS very expensive!!

If it stopped my irritated scalp completely, I would continue to use it with no question!!

I will continue to use this bottle and see how I feel after a few more washes.

Just adding!! Absolutley NO FAFF!!

Exactly like using normal shampoo and conditioner but quicker.

Normally 2 washes and one conditioner, with rinses.

WEN is 2 cleanses and rinses so quicker.

It sounds like many are using it and saying it works ok. No-one has said that their hair is better than with a normal shampoo.So unless the hair has better results with WEN, what's the point? It is very expensive and sounds like a lot of faff. So unless you get beautiful results straight away then it has gimmick written all over it. The models on the Q didn't look amazing either. If it is just free of foaming agents then use Aveda Shampure instead. (unless Estee Lauder or whichever company has bought it has changed the formulation.)

Last edited:
I will use mine for the first time tonight after Zumba. I only wash three times a week anyway(Monday and Wednesday after Zumba as I am sweaty mess), then Friday morning. After reading Kafflinka( I have a very very short crop at the moment. Hairdresser last week used the clippers all over. She said I had no shape and it was long and very thick), think I will use it the same way. I don't have a shower(rented council flat), so its head over the bed thing for me.

Funny talking about the other thread and the Elemis Cleansing Balm. I could never stand the smell of the Shampure, oh and EL will have changed it anyway.

Hi, Donna, as a matter of interest the 1st time I used my WEN, I put a small plastic bag (the free small fruit/veg type from supermarket) on my head looping the bag handles around my ears...........not a pretty sight, I grant you,..............but I like to recycle!!!!!!!!!!! haha......at least it kept my head nice and warm ....and no 'smear' left on bath! or if you're posh you can wear a shower cap x

help on ingredients

Hi, Donna, as a matter of interest the 1st time I used my WEN, I put a small plastic bag (the free small fruit/veg type from supermarket) on my head looping the bag handles around my ears...........not a pretty sight, I grant you,..............but I like to recycle!!!!!!!!!!! haha......at least it kept my head nice and warm ....and no 'smear' left on bath! or if you're posh you can wear a shower cap x

Hello lol kafflinka I love your post and the vision of the bag on head - well I'm not posh so if I need to do some sort of hair treatment that's a really good idea :)

Could I please ask fellow forumites a question? could anyone please help with ingredients for WEN - I'm allergic to citral and that MI preservative - i had contact dermatitis patch testing in February of this year and its a definte serfer allergic reaction for me from these ingredients and fragrance too - does wen contain any of these? MTIA x

Citral and MI are 2 of my list of allergic things and the WEN doesnt make my itching worse......and I think its a wee bit calmer.....

Not home to check the bottle at the moment.

For what its worth, I have spent a fortune on products and even avoiding all the stuff on my allergy list did NOT actually stop it!!

Some things made it less awful.

Some products with NONE of the stuff on my list, actually made the allergy lots worse!!

:confused:

Hello lol kafflinka I love your post and the vision of the bag on head - well I'm not posh so if I need to do some sort of hair treatment that's a really good idea :)

Could I please ask fellow forumites a question? could anyone please help with ingredients for WEN - I'm allergic to citral and that MI preservative - i had contact dermatitis patch testing in February of this year and its a definte serfer allergic reaction for me from these ingredients and fragrance too - does wen contain any of these? MTIA x

Citral and MI are 2 of my list of allergic things and the WEN doesnt make my itching worse......and I think its a wee bit calmer.....

Not home to check the bottle at the moment.

For what its worth, I have spent a fortune on products and even avoiding all the stuff on my allergy list did NOT actually stop it!!

Some things made it less awful.

Some products with NONE of the stuff on my list, actually made the allergy lots worse!!

:confused:

Hi, thanks I know its still trial and error, the patch testing comes after years of issues, I do find avoiding MI and citral makes a massive difference to me, my fave hair styling product contained it and when i had the patch testing results and stopped using it, not even knowing that I was allergic to it my eczema on my forehead cleared up almost immediately, avoidance of citral also means that i no longer suffer angiodema as much now i've cut out some of the liz erle items I used, hand eczmea cleared up through not using handwash with citral but i agree i still have loads of issues and the derm unit did say I've been tested for 180 substances but there are thousands potentially so its a starter really, I've had less allergic reactions since the patch testing as i know some triggers but i would never use anything now with those ingreidents in :) and I have still had a few reactions (bad ones) since February

I asked a question and Chas answered me. He said to wet hair(I am going to blot well), apply the Wen and then go to Zumba. Since I walk and its about 12-15 minutes I will not be walking with wet hair. At the moment it dries very quickly on its own. Then rinse out when I get home.

Ingredients for Almond Mint:

Water,Glycerine, Alcohol, Chamomilla Recutita flower extract, Wild Cherry bark extract, Rosemary leaf extract, Sweet Almond oil,Aloe Barbadensis leaf juice,hydrolyzed wheat protein,Panthenol, Butylene Glycol,Behentrimonium, Methosulfate, Steramidopropyl, Dimethlamine,Polysorbat60, PEG_60 Almond Glycerides, Amodimethicone,Citric Acid,Menthol,Methylcloroisothazolinone,Methlisthhiazalinone,Fragrance,Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal.

Latest posts

Back